GDT: Game 26: Red Wings vs sens 7:00 pm et 12/9/23 (ESPN+, BSD)

MIKELGRW

Jul 13, 2022
South Florida
Screenshot (12).png

LYON IS IN NET, COMPHER? LET'S GO BOYS!

#RedWings lines in practice:
Fabbri-Larkin-Raymond
DeBrincat-Veleno-Kane
Rasmussen-Copp-Perron
Kostin-Fischer-SprongCompher (injured) occasionally rotating in.
All seven D rotating but mostly:
Gostisbehere-Seider
Chiarot-Petry
Walman/Maatta-Holl

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
Ghost is meh on the left side and he absolutely cannot handle Mo-tier defensive assignments.

Either take Maatta out of the scratch rotation or bring up Ed so we have a competent LD to play when Olli sits.

The pairs above is a disaster waiting to happen... We've seen enough of them in small bits and pieces to know they don't work.

WingFanSD

Jul 19, 2011
fab is not the guy for the top line. petry needs to sit. why is he not sitting???

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
Are we gonna go 11-7? That I don't mind if we have ChiaPet out there cuz it seems to work this year. We need to nail down the 3rd period. What happened we were killing teams in the 3rd at the beginning of the season.

korrowan

Sponsor
Feb 8, 2011
Was really hoping the d pairs would not include Petry. I don't understand why they are keeping him around.

After last game, I expect a full on no mercy shelling of the Sens. The only way to get me out of this awful mood I've been in since The Collapse.

You speak nothing but the truth. It actually surprises me how much I’m still annoyed.

Good that I’m not the only one who feels like vomiting when looking at these defense pairings.

Sprong and Compher are both out?

Thanks for the GDT

Reactions: JohanFranzenstein

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
The whole roster should approach today like they want Lyon to post a shutout. Dig deep and commit to locking the opposition down. Ottawa will make plenty of mistakes for the offense to capitalize on - take the safe and simple play and help your goaltender for 60 minutes.

Reactions: RED WINGS STOMP

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
I'm being Ottawa to win in regulation. Just seems like the likely outcome.

Snuggs

Jun 24, 2018
Dang, I don't like seeing Compher out and knowing Walman's nicked up. I was feeling good going into the week about this game but now I'm really worried.

He's been moving well and playing hard and it's not really showing up yet in the stat box. Joe Veleno, for as well as he is doing... does need to start finishing and getting on the stat board more often, he's trending towards a low 30-point season with 15 plus minutes of ice-time a night on a top line often. With Compher out, hopefully we can see him shine through tonight.

Lyon is in goal so there SHOULDN'T be any deflating goals going in.

The Red Line

Oct 11, 2010
These games are always tough, new lines, new D pairings, guys out of the lineup, guys playing hurt. They'll have to play a really strong defensive game, and a full 60. None of these slow first periods or third period collapses.

Excited to see Kane again, hope he gets on the scoresheet tonight.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad