GDT: Game 26: Montreal Canadiens vs Calgary Flames 3/11/21 9:00pm EST TSN2, RDS (HD), TSN 690

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
I think its better to play a few games in a stretch, rather than a week off between games.

Reactions: jaffy27

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
This one starts at a little bit more of a reasonable hour..hopefully I can manage to watch more than 1 period, but no guarantees.

Can Danault go 2 for 2? It's like asking if lighting can strike twice at the exact same spot.

Reactions: dkd

Hacketts

Jul 12, 2018
Man I have no idea what to expect tonight.

You gotta think we're gonna come out gassed and the flames on fire no pun intended... or maybe it was. who knows.

Very interested to see how we're gonna look after playing such a complete game. You would think we aren't gonna be able to match that- energy wise.

Wonder if this is gonna play out like the Jets game when it was Dom's first game, but for us taking it in the 3rd.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Yeah, very tough spot that the Habs are in for tonight's game. Rested team with a new coach against a team that will be on 3 games in 4th night and only like 17 hours between last night and tonight's game. Hopefully the bipolar Habs fan will cut them some slack!

They're not that rested. Apparently, Sutter has been bag skating them. :laugh:

Shit, didn't realize that's still a thing.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
NHL scheduling is asinine to say the least. You start the game with no fans an hour later than usual and the team that plays 3 in 4 with about 18 hours between games plays a team that hasn't played in several days.
How the hell does this make sense?

I usually go into most games expecting a win. I will be shocked if this tired Habs team wins or gets a point tonight. Can't blame the players, they are set up to lose with this scheduling.

domiwroze

Nov 14, 2014
Never understood this tactic does nothing but make your team tired and generally dislike you

long break, some forget to push themselves to keep that high intensity up. I loved doing those, it kept my heartbeat high for the rest of the practice and you should practice like you play as much as possible.

Reactions: habsfan891

habsfan891

Jun 24, 2012
Nova Scotia
long break, some forget to push themselves to keep that high intensity up. I loved doing those, it kept my heartbeat high for the rest of the practice and you should practice like you play as much as possible.
Well maybe its because im a goalie but i despised them and any coach that that thought they accomplished anything.

domiwroze

Nov 14, 2014
Well maybe its because im a goalie but i despised them and any coach that that thought they accomplished anything.

lmao yeah this shit sucks for a goalie. Did them once with a full goalie equipment, never again, almost puked.
Your coach wasn't the best if he can't explain why he's doing those. You need your players on the same page and not clueless about what you are doing.

Reactions: habsfan891

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
I don't know what's the obessesion with Romanov and Weber beside Romanov getting more icetime, Weber is clearly not playing good hockey and doesn't realy allow shorter leash to jump the on the offense on regular basis because Weber will get expose on odd man rushes. It's sad to say but the days where you pair Weber with a PMD has passed, he's still a very good Dman but i think he needs someone who plays similar hockey. If Romanov plays a simple game i guess it could work and give him some milage but expecting more rushes could go wrong.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad