Pre-Game Talk: Game #26 Dec. 3 Toronto @ Tampa

Da Cool Rula

Sep 8, 2017
Montego Bay, Jamaica
Glad to see Hollowell sticking. He looks great but its obvious he needs to put on some weight and muscle.

It will be interesting to see if Mete and Hollowell can continue to use their skating to get them out of situations. Tampa is a heavy team. If that pairing can come out of this game without being burned then we may have something back there.

The lack of Brodie's stability back there has been a little noticeable but honestly I have not missed or noticed Mo missing at all. Other guys have been able to step up and do what he does without issue. The PP has felt more dangerous without Rielly as well.
Hopefully cause guys like Maroon and/or Perry will be on when they are.

Reactions: Teeder Keon

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
Glad to see Hollowell sticking. He looks great but its obvious he needs to put on some weight and muscle.

It will be interesting to see if Mete and Hollowell can continue to use their skating to get them out of situations. Tampa is a heavy team. If that pairing can come out of this game without being burned then we may have something back there.

The lack of Brodie's stability back there has been a little noticeable but honestly I have not missed or noticed Mo missing at all. Other guys have been able to step up and do what he does without issue. The PP has felt more dangerous without Rielly as well.
The PP has been pretty poor without Reilly.

1 goal in 5 games.

Reactions: Teeder Keon

Ashdown2

Aug 19, 2006
Timmins’ time will come. Hollowell getting a good look and experience before his waiver exempt time expires. Matthews called him by his nickname “Cheese” when talking about that pretty sweet pass. I think Hollowell is in until he does something drastically inept. That goal line play the other game might have been saved if he stayed on his feet and got behind the goalie for example. No matter he’s gold with Matthews.
He needs to play ... hes not waiver ex so when our guys are healthy i dont forsee him sticking around

Reactions: Darcy Tucker

Mr_Fun

Find me sombaty to love.
Oct 7, 2006
BC
The fact that we're winning with an AHL defence leads me to believe that perhaps people (myself included) know less than they think and that somethings just kind of work without any real rational behind it.

Now with those Jack Handyesque deep thoughts out of the way, I'm still fully expecting the bubble to burst soon here.

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
Hollowell is already waiver eligible. He even cleared waivers at the beginning of the season.
Sorry for the confusion.
It’s the 30 day/10 game rule I was referring to. I think after 10 games he will need to pass through waivers again.

1. A player does not need to pass through waivers if the player has not been on the NHL active roster for a cumulative 30 days since last clearing waivers, OR has
  2. A player does not need to pass through waivers if the player has not been on the NHL active roster for a cumulative 30 days since last clearing waivers, OR has not played in 10 or more NHL games. CBA Reference 13.2(b) (Despite the CBA reference saying 30 days AND 10 games, the rule is actually 30 days OR 10 games)
  3. played in 10 or more NHL games. CBA Reference 13.2(b) (Despite the CBA reference saying 30 days AND 10 games, the rule is actually 30 days OR 10 games)

The Hanging Jowl

Apr 2, 2017
How did they cheat?

The first high stick was definitely faked, I call that cheating. The second one debatable. Meets the letter of the law (being responsible for your own stick) but I'd still say if Hedman did it on purpose (looked to me like he did) then that's cheating too. Wouldn't even be talking about it if numbskull Kerfoot isn't reaching in with one hand on his stick from 4 feet behind Hedman, in the offensive zone, on a penalty kill. What good did he think could come of that? Even 5 on 5 you're not supposed to be chasing a breaking out d-man behind his own net let alone with such careless use of his stick. f*** f*** f***.

Reactions: Al14

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
They didn't cheat. They did get a kick in the ass off the death bed by the refs though.
Actually it was an extremely good play to feign getting hit by the high stick. I saw one their players do it once this season, too. Eventually, the refs will catch on to the boy that cried wolf.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
The first high stick was definitely faked, I call that cheating. The second one debatable. Meets the letter of the law (being responsible for your own stick) but I'd still say if Hedman did it on purpose (looked to me like he did) then that's cheating too. Wouldn't even be talking about it if numbskull Kerfoot isn't reaching in with one hand on his stick from 4 feet behind Hedman, in the offensive zone, on a penalty kill. What good did he think could come of that? Even 5 on 5 you're not supposed to be chasing a breaking out d-man behind his own net let alone with such careless use of his stick. f*** f*** f***.
I wouldn’t consider that cheating. Players sell calls, try and get an advantage all the time. Just part of the game and if caught will be punished.

Agreed though, Kerfoot put himself in a bad spot, that was on him.

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
Well not in the series vs us just garbage officiating in games 6/7, but the year prior cap circumvention. I'm just imagining what our roster would look like if we went 20M over the cap for playoffs.
Got it: they beat us in 2022 by following the rules in the 2020-21 season.

AvroArrow

Fire Keefe
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
Got it: they beat us in 2022 by following the rules in the 2020-21 season.
Damn you have a hard time following along eh

They cheated in 2021 to win a cup, they are a cheating organization.

They were badly outplayed and were given a lot help from the officiating to win in 2022

Are the Houston Astros cheaters because they cheated a few years ago ? Or do they lose that label because they played fairly after that ? Not that hard to understand.

Reactions: Darcy Tucker

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
Damn you have a hard time following along eh

They cheated in 2021 to win a cup, they are a cheating organization.

They were badly outplayed and were given a lot help from the officiating to win in 2022

Are the Houston Astros cheaters because they cheated a few years ago ? Or do they lose that label because they played fairly after that ? Not that hard to understand.
What the Astros did and the Lightning aren’t even close to the same thing. The Lightning weren’t punished for any wrong doing.

Reactions: notDatsyuk

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
I wouldn't consider this cheating in any way. The calls were soft but Tampa doesn't make the calls.

AvroArrow

Fire Keefe
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
What the Astros did and the Lightning aren’t even close to the same thing. The Lightning weren’t punished for any wrong doing.
While they were 2 different completely ways of cheating, they both absolutely cheated to gain a massive advantage and win the championship. Anyways my main point was f*** Tampa, let's lay the smack down on them.

leafsfan5

Jun 14, 2014
Cirelli is back.......nice

That guy absolutely shut down Matthews in Tampa during the playoffs last year. Great 2-way center

The Hanging Jowl

Apr 2, 2017
I wouldn't consider this cheating in any way. The calls were soft but Tampa doesn't make the calls.

Again, you can say faking being hit by a high stick is commonplace, you can't say it's not cheating. It's textbook cheating. Yes, many players do it including ours but the question was a simple "How did they cheat?" Not, "How did they cheat that isn't commonly done around the entire league?"

keonsbitterness

Sep 14, 2010
south of Steeles
Neither deserved punishment for me. It's stupid that stealing baseball signals is only legal if you don't use technology. That's like saying beating the crap out of someone with your fists if perfectly fine but it's wrong if you use a taser.

The Astros should actually get extra credit for using advanced garbage can technology.

Reactions: ACC1224

MyLoveIsBlue

Feb 20, 2015
voodoo-doll-tampa-bay.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Burnie97 and kb

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Dating this chick from Montreal…
She remembers the deep playoff run Habs had VS the lightning. City was wild.

Her words exactly with the accent ‘’mi and mie girlfriends thought it was Toronto playing. Blue and white jersey, non’’? and then ‘’ What is Tampa baye ‘’

Point is… to every non hockey fan out there, this team copied and stole the exact same colour kits as us and even the logo was white and centered.

Lmao. Lightnings owners didn’t want a chance of the Colours being hated on by a fringe market. Credit to the Kraken, baby blueish green colours. That’s Original.

Go leafs go!!!

wait what.?

:laugh:

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
While they were 2 different completely ways of cheating, they both absolutely cheated to gain a massive advantage and win the championship. Anyways my main point was f*** Tampa, let's lay the smack down on them.
Yeah going in circles. I don’t believe they broke any rules like the Astros did

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad