Pre-Game Talk: Game #26 Dec. 3 Toronto @ Tampa

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
CEE8F2CD-9183-4B29-8658-602A7D0CA0FF.png

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
Glad to see Robertson in the top 6 and Simmonds back in. Kind of would have liked to see Timmins in for Hollowell.
Timmins’ time will come. Hollowell getting a good look and experience before his waiver exempt time expires. Matthews called him by his nickname “Cheese” when talking about that pretty sweet pass. I think Hollowell is in until he does something drastically inept. That goal line play the other game might have been saved if he stayed on his feet and got behind the goalie for example. No matter he’s gold with Matthews.

Reactions: LeafSteel

Fonzieleaf

Jul 8, 2013
Collingwood, Ontario
Timmins’ time will come. Hollowell getting a good look and experience before his waiver exempt time expires. Matthews called him by his nickname “Cheese” when talking about that pretty sweet pass. I think Hollowell is in until he does something drastically inept. That goal line play the other game might have been saved if he stayed on his feet and got behind the goalie for example. No matter he’s gold with Matthews.
Hollowell is already waiver eligible. He even cleared waivers at the beginning of the season.

LeafSteel

GO LEAFS GO!!!
Mar 5, 2014
Toronto
Agreed. As much as I would like to see Timmins draw in, I’m glad he’s not being rushed and is being given every opportunity to acclimate and get off to as good of a start as possible when he does draw in.

If he can put his health issues behind him and develop his potential, he could be an excellent reclamation player for us.

Reactions: LeafChief

kevsh

Nov 28, 2018
No matter how many times Sheldon tries to shuffle them up it doesn't hide the fact that the bottom 6 needs some work. And by work I mean an upgrade to at least one or two spots, specifically Kerfoot and Engvall.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Glad to see Robertson in the top 6 and Simmonds back in. Kind of would have liked to see Timmins in for Hollowell.

They are working with Timmins, to adapt him to our systems, and teach him what they want from him. He's a bit of a project really. Pre-draft he was an exciting prospect, with a ton of upside. Since being drafted, and his injuries, that potential hasn't been realized, or even close. His confidence isn't great. So... they are working with him, to try and get him to realize that original potential... that doesn't happen overnight.. If he realizes that potential, we've really stolen a good D man... Chances are probably high, that he doesn't, but they are putting the work in that's necessary to give him the best chance that he has.

Pebble live

Oct 17, 2021
Glad to see Hollowell sticking. He looks great but its obvious he needs to put on some weight and muscle.

It will be interesting to see if Mete and Hollowell can continue to use their skating to get them out of situations. Tampa is a heavy team. If that pairing can come out of this game without being burned then we may have something back there.

The lack of Brodie's stability back there has been a little noticeable but honestly I have not missed or noticed Mo missing at all. Other guys have been able to step up and do what he does without issue. The PP has felt more dangerous without Rielly as well.

Blanche Blanche

Torontoooooo
Dec 2, 2017
Toronto
Dating this chick from Montreal…
She remembers the deep playoff run Habs had VS the lightning. City was wild.

Her words exactly with the accent ‘’mi and mie girlfriends thought it was Toronto playing. Blue and white jersey, non’’? and then ‘’ What is Tampa baye ‘’

Point is… to every non hockey fan out there, this team copied and stole the exact same colour kits as us and even the logo was white and centered.

Lmao. Lightnings owners didn’t want a chance of the Colours being hated on by a fringe market. Credit to the Kraken, baby blueish green colours. That’s Original.

Go leafs go!!!

Reactions: BTP

Darcy Tucker

My Name is Bob
Mar 23, 2008
Vaughan, Ontario
Dating this chick from Montreal…
She remembers the deep playoff run Habs had VS the lightning. City was wild.

Her words exactly with the accent ‘’mi and mie girlfriends thought it was Toronto playing. Blue and white jersey, non’’? and then ‘’ What is Tampa baye ‘’

Point is… to every non hockey fan out there, this team copied and stole the exact same colour kits as us and even the logo was white and centered.

Lmao. Lightnings owners didn’t want a chance of the Colours being hated on by a fringe market. Credit to the Kraken, baby blueish green colours. That’s Original.

Go leafs go!!!
None of this makes sense , my portal gun reads; gibberish. Are you intoxicated or looking for some body to dance with?

Reactions: egd27

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
time to put some space between tampa and us; and keep pace with Bruins. In regulation. Get it done!!!
Nothing that I want more in regards to the Leafs but I am skeptical.

1 regulation loss in 16 and the D still a patchwork corps.

Feels like a tough test.

Although I did predict a 3-2 dub.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad