Post-Game Talk: Game 26 - David Krejci wins it in OT - BRUINS 3 NYR 2 F/OT

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
I saw part of the first period but promised the grandkids (Both of them play hockey on 2 teams twice a week) that YES grandpa can skate and did play hockey. So I met them and my daughter and son in law at a rink yesterday and realized that 24 years without skating has taken its toll on my body. Both of them (girl 6 yo, boy 8 yo) I thought "no problem, get on the ice and show-em how it's done."
NOPE! after the first half hour my 8 year old grandson decided that the "tough old man" could take a hit. I tried shifting around him and he took my legs out LOL. Plop goes the "tough old guy." banged up hip, elbow and ego.
Anyway, when I got home I watched the rest of the game, who the **** were the refs? Yet another poorly officiated game IMO. The B's deserved what they got in penalties for the most part but the Rags got away with several. The other thing I took away was the biased job that Emrick and co. (not Milbury) did in pushing the Rags and saying how great this Ranger is and that Ranger is. I hate HATE games on the network.

When my son was younger we’d rollerblade together.

When he was 11 and I 44, he couldn’t keep up.

12 and 45 he was right there with me.

13 and 46 it wasn’t even close....I couldn’t stay in the same zip code as him.

:laugh:

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
So I meant to ask you folks when I got home from the game yesterday....After that 4 min high sticking call in the third which the B's nicely killed the penalty did you notice the crowd giving the B's a standing ovation ? It was a decent crowd yesterday.
It was a great PK and the B's were wanting to win that game.

I was wondering what happened the game before as Big Z skated by us with stitches near his eye from the same kind of high stick (with no call).

LouisSleigher

Jul 6, 2013
SW Ohio
Here something else about the Top Five reffing we witnessed yesterday. Cassidy's post-game comments suggested that the 4-minute high-sticking call on Lindholm was not entirely kosher. Cassidy implied that refs can go to video to decide if the call should be 2 mins or 4 or 5, but there first needs to be a call on the ice. But in this case, before they went to video there was no call on the ice.

Reactions: sarge88 and Strafer

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Here something else about the Top Five reffing we witnessed yesterday. Cassidy's post-game comments suggested that the 4-minute high-sticking call on Lindholm was not entirely kosher. Cassidy implied that refs can go to video to decide if the call should be 2 mins or 4 or 5, but there first needs to be a call on the ice. But in this case, before they went to video there was no call on the ice.

looked to me not to be Lindholm being able to control where his stick went as the Ranger on him lifted it up and right into the Smith`s face, silly call IMO

Not a symphony from the refs and certainly not one from the B`s. The first 10 minutes they looked sharp and focused but there seems to be a pattern of doing just enough to win which is fine but a recipe for trouble. Of course, so many moving parts in the lineup and one helluva long season last year followed by a short summer so it`s truly amazing where they are right now

Reactions: Bun Cook

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
looked to me not to be Lindholm being able to control where his stick went as the Ranger on him lifted it up and right into the Smith`s face, silly call IMO

Not a symphony from the refs and certainly not one from the B`s. The first 10 minutes they looked sharp and focused but there seems to be a pattern of doing just enough to win which is fine but a recipe for trouble. Of course, so many moving parts in the lineup and one helluva long season last year followed by a short summer so it`s truly amazing where they are right now
first time ive seen a hight stick called with the player not even holding a stick

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
I have no issue with Marchand calling out the spotter. There is no excuse to wait that long to pull him.

IMO, they need to be called out more for accountability. I hope the spotter is reprimanded and re-trained.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut

It wasn't clear who's stick it was that made contact. They got it right.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
first time ive seen a hight stick called with the player not even holding a stick

what is worse is that I didn`t need to see the replay on NBC to recognize that the player trying to hold up Lindholm was completely responsible for lifting his stick right into Smith`s face, brutal call

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut

I'm not sure that makes any difference. Is there a rule regarding lifting a stick into someone's face? If there is I've never seen it enforced.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I'm not sure that makes any difference. Is there a rule regarding lifting a stick into someone's face? If there is I've never seen it enforced.

yeah not sure, I have read not one word of the rule book due to chronic laziness but on a play like that, I almost feel there should be a rule in place or at least give the refs the flexibility to make a call or in this case a non call. That play, IMO, wasn`t a case of a player not controlling his stick, it was an opponent clearly lifting that stick and not stopping as the sticks came up, honestly not sure what else Lindholm could have done, almost could have called the Rags player for interference if we are nitpicking

Reactions: Bun Cook

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
So I meant to ask you folks when I got home from the game yesterday....After that 4 min high sticking call in the third which the B's nicely killed the penalty did you notice the crowd giving the B's a standing ovation ? It was a decent crowd yesterday.

I was wondering what happened the game before as Big Z skated by us with stitches near his eye from the same kind of high stick (with no call).
Yeah noticed those stitches,pretty scary awfully close call to his eye,nobody ever seems to get called for high sticking the big guy,and you have to get your stick up very high to clip him,you would think it would be an easy call for the refs wouldn’t you.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
yeah not sure, I have read not one word of the rule book due to chronic laziness but on a play like that, I almost feel there should be a rule in place or at least give the refs the flexibility to make a call or in this case a non call. That play, IMO, wasn`t a case of a player not controlling his stick, it was an opponent clearly lifting that stick and not stopping as the sticks came up, honestly not sure what else Lindholm could have done, almost could have called the Rags player for interference if we are nitpicking

Be stronger on the stick, I guess.

So you have that chronic attribute too? Maybe a real expert can help us out.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Be stronger on the stick, I guess.

So you have that chronic attribute too? Maybe a real expert can help us out.

I`d go check out an expert if it`s possible they can help me with my issue but as I mentioned, too lazy, won`t even google search:laugh:

Yeah I dunno, I think the call was weak but it`s all over now I suppose

BRUINS since 1995

May 10, 2010
Au pays de la neige
Boston is good. 2 top center. 2 top winger. Great defence and 2 very good goalies.
They brought in size (i like Ritchie and might be alone)with Coyle.
They have great kids pushing.
They have players that can go up and down the line up, like Coyle, Heinen.
They have a great 4 th line center with Kuraly.
They have depth in the organization.
They have chemistry and seems to have fun playing together.
And i still beleive that Pastrnak needs to play with DK and Debrusk, while Marchand and Bergeron when back gets the tough opponents. They need to prepare for a long playoff run.... i like their chances.

Reactions: Bun Cook and BMC

BRUINS since 1995

May 10, 2010
Au pays de la neige
Yeah noticed those stitches,pretty scary awfully close call to his eye,nobody ever seems to get called for high sticking the big guy,and you have to get your stick up very high to clip him,you would think it would be an easy call for the refs wouldn’t you.
If Chara gets an high stick, hope they get a 2 and/or 4 cause for me it is impossible to be missed....;)

Reactions: BMC

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs

Yes! The standing O was very noticeable and Doc even commented on it. (I was doing likewise in my living room - probably less noticeable.)

Z got high-sticked in the corner the previous game. (No call) You can see the cut near his eye in the pie delivery pics on Thanksgiving.

Attachments

• 157D55A1-FC68-4C4E-8920-28148D14EEC4.jpeg
    157D55A1-FC68-4C4E-8920-28148D14EEC4.jpeg
    222.6 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Sounds like your grandson wants to be Marchand when he grows up. Lol
NOT that Marchand embellishes but yeah he plays on 2 or 3 soccer teams and last summer we were playing street hockey. Whenever I touched him he would put on an act like the soccer players do. I had a talk with him about embellishing and that sort of behaviour. He said "grandpa, they do it in soccer" I didn't know not to do it.'' I said, "if you do that on the ice or in the gym playing hockey you're going to be looked at as a fake or soft unless your actually honestly hurt." He got the message. The two grandkids were checking each other all over the ice, falling down and getting up laughing. THAT's what I wanted to see.

Last edited:

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Too bad Lundy put that Kuraly deflection that went off 2 rags defenders in the net. Studnicka pounced and was about to push it in.

Reactions: Strafer

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Too bad Lundy put that Kuraly deflection that went off 2 rags defenders in the net. Studnicka pounced and was about to push it in.
Yeah that kid (Studnicka) hasn't caught a break yet with the people who decide on whoever gets the credit for a goal/assist. Stud is playing very well and IMO it's just a matter of time when he really breaks thru and he will hopefully force the front office to find a way to keep him up here.

Reactions: Mission ImPastable

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
Boston is good. 2 top center. 2 top winger. Great defence and 2 very good goalies.
They brought in size (i like Ritchie and might be alone)with Coyle.
They have great kids pushing.
They have players that can go up and down the line up, like Coyle, Heinen.
They have a great 4 th line center with Kuraly.
They have depth in the organization.
They have chemistry and seems to have fun playing together.
And i still beleive that Pastrnak needs to play with DK and Debrusk, while Marchand and Bergeron when back gets the tough opponents. They need to prepare for a long playoff run.... i like their chances.
What injury does Ritchie actually have ,that keeps taking him out of the lineup?

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
What injury does Ritchie actually have ,that keeps taking him out of the lineup?

Infection on a cut on his elbow. It has not been healing right.
Elbow, IE: any join cut like on your knuckle, heals slowly because it cannot be isolated and not moved.

The fact that it heals slow and has an infection is bad. Infections can get worse, get in your bloodstream, and kill you if left untreated.
The elbow pad is required equipment for his job and will further make heal and the infection worse.

So, you have layers of seriousness here that need to be dealt with seriously.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad