GDT: Game 26 | Columbus Blue Jackets @ Detroit Red Wings | 5:00 PM EST | FS-D

DatsyukianDeke*

So keeping the same line up that put together a pretty strong winning record the past couple of weeks against some really good teams makes Babcock insane?

What results were you expecting, if I may ask.

More than 1 goal per game, maybe would be a start ? If you think the Wings playing that way would make the playoffs your just as insane as Babcock.

SoupGuru

May 12, 2007
Spokane
You could make a decent argument that when Kronwall plays well, the Wings win. When he phones it in, the Wings lose.

sarcastro

Jul 28, 2005
Looks like they're just shuffling the deckchairs in the top 6. Not going to get it done.

ProPAIN

I am the DANGER!
Nov 3, 2009
Paris
Am I the only one tired of watching Q vomit all over himself in the defensive zone? :shakehead

His last shift was absolutely brutal. Columbus had a whole shift in the Wings zone because Quincey couldn't handle a simple pass from Smith.

Yeah, he's improved, but remember how well they were doing when he wasn't in the lineup. It's like he's some walking, talking curse to this team. Even if it's not his fault, they seem like a different team.

SoupGuru

May 12, 2007
Spokane
If you can't get ready to play a crappy team like the Jackets after they spanked you the day before... maybe it is time to give Babcock the boot. But I think it's more the players that are at fault. Maybe Z is still learning how to be a captain.

Sameheda

Sep 28, 2011
Texas
If you can't get ready to play a crappy team like the Jackets after they spanked you the day before... maybe it is time to give Babcock the boot. But I think it's more the players that are at fault. Maybe Z is still learning how to be a captain.

I don't understand how Columbus is crappy? They came close to beating Chicago in three one-goal games. They spank us regularly, and they're only 6 points away from us in standings.

I think you dudes are in some weird state of denial because of the Jackets history with us.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Please shoot the puck. Passing the puck through four sticks, not going to happen.

SoupGuru

May 12, 2007
Spokane
I don't understand how Columbus is crappy? They came close to beating Chicago in three one-goal games. They spank us regularly, and they're only 6 points away from us in standings.

I was more suggesting that's what the mentality was.... not necessarily reality.

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage

Eh, Babcock has done a great job with all the injuries. We have:

• 4 legit top 6 guys in the lineup right now.
  • 4 of our current starters are rookies.

If we win today we are in 4th place. I know there is a certain faction who want Babcock fired but if we can somehow finish in the top 4-5 he's a legit Jack Adams candidate IMO. Holland can help him by either trading for (heh) or promoting a legit top 6 guy or two to play in our top 6 which is currently bereft of talent.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad