Post-Game Talk: Game #26: Canucks lose 3-2 to the Kings in overtime

arsmaster*

So now we can't expect Luongo to do anything when we score 2 or less? Scoring more would be nice but we don't pay Luongo as much as we do to provide us with below average goaltending.

The gap between what the Kings are getting when they score 2 or less and what we are, is monumental. Hell, their record when they score 1 or 0 goals is better than ours when we score 2 goals.

We've scored 2 or less in more than half our games. The Kings are also a much better team than us. Proof is in the pudding.

I believe the team pays Luongo to give the team a chance to win every night. I believe Luongo has done that.

Hariken

Apr 7, 2013
The problem is that this team has no offensive depth. As usual the Sedins are the only ones consistently racking up points.

mrmyheadhurts

Registered Boozer
Mar 22, 2007
Vancouver
I don't believe we've won one game when we've scored 2 goals or less. Is that correct? EDIT: Looks like we have one win.

This has been a weird season, with the exception of the PP, all my complaints about the team last year have been addressed. The response after the hit on Hank was pitch perfect and it resulted in the Canucks absolutely taking over the game, something that I doubt would've happened in the previous seasons. They're working their tails off as well, so it's not a surprise that their PK is #1 in the NHL. that's all about hard work.

What this team needs now is one or two players to really step up and get the Canucks on a roll. Luongo has yet to steal a game for us, that would be great but I believe those days are behind him, which means we are going to have to try to find a way to generate more offense. Luongo needs 3 to win, and since he's our goalie for the foreseeable future, GMMG should be doing everything he can to get the team closer

I really think the PP is what is going to make or break their season, if they can't get it to at least the middle of the league, they aren't making the post season. I've generally been happy with their 5 on 5 play and the PK has been excellent.

Karl Hungus

Oct 6, 2007
You have to feel bad for the Canucks. They're obviously working hard but are having issues making reads and scoring. They must be crushed after letting that game slip away. It's hard to get too down on them though. At this point I'm about ready to write this season off and hope they can reload well for next year.

struckmatch

Jul 28, 2003
Vancouver
Just to clarify, we can't score consistently and lack offensive depth, but we're all discussing Luongo again?

K, just had to check. Some things never change in Vancouver. Ever.

He is the LEAST of their worries.

BobbyJazzLegs

Sorry 4 Acting Werd
Oct 15, 2013
I thought Wiese's goal was the turning (and in future defining) moment of our season. Maybe it was Eddie's D in the last few minutes...

mrmyheadhurts

Registered Boozer
Mar 22, 2007
Vancouver
Just to clarify, we can't score consistently and lack offensive depth, but we're all discussing Luongo again?

K, just had to check. Some things never change in Vancouver. Ever.

He is the LEAST of their worries.

He's not costing the team games and he's not winning the team games, which is what I expected.

carolinacanuck

Apr 5, 2007
The Carolinas
this team is so strange to watch. i know i'm watching a different product compared to previous years but the results are pretty much the same.

will there be a watershed moment when the floodgates open and the goals start going in or is it a matter of no matter how hard they try, the goals will never come?

it's like the twilight zone

Lawzy

May 27, 2011
BC
I thought Wiese's goal was the turning (and in future defining) moment of our season. Maybe it was Eddie's D in the last few minutes...

Weise never touched that puck.

How dare you try and take away a goal from Chris "Bobby Orr" Tanev.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
I really liked the work of the gritty guys at the bottom of the roster last night. Kassian, Weise, Sestito, Stanton all stepped up when they needed to. Too bad it wasn't enough to overcome the no-shows from Burrrows, Hansen, Edler, Garrison etc yet again.

Jimson Hogarth*

Nov 21, 2013
Just watched it. Not at the side of the net but rather right in front. The difference? Scrivens leaves his stick where it belongs and doesn't open his five hole while moving across the crease.

There is no justification for Kesler not scoring on that play. Whacking a it like you are a 12 year old in a novice game isn't going to cut it from our #1 winger :laugh:

Jimson Hogarth*

Nov 21, 2013
The Kings have scored 2 or less in as many games as we have and they have less games played.

The Kings have much greater depth, as we've witnessed a couple times this season. It isn't even close. If the Kings lose a man, they call up someone decent. We have no one on the farm to call up. Archibald isn't an NHL player nor will he ever be a significant contributing NHL player.

The main difference between LA and Vancouver last night was depth, not goaltending.

ugghhh

Apr 17, 2009
The Kings have much greater depth, as we've witnessed a couple times this season. It isn't even close. If the Kings lose a man, they call up someone decent. We have no one on the farm to call up. Archibald isn't an NHL player nor will he ever be a significant contributing NHL player.

The main difference between LA and Vancouver last night was depth, not goaltending.

Vancouver had the better skaters last night.

I will admit that I expected Jensen, Kassian and Schroeder to be a bigger part of this team by this point in time, but I don't think our depth is that bad -- especially with the pickups of Santorelli and Richardson, who are great bottom 6 players imo. It's more our top end that needs help -- if we get a player for the top line and that pushes a couple of players down a spot in the roster, we will be a much better team.

RobertKron

Sep 1, 2007
I really liked the work of the gritty guys at the bottom of the roster last night. Kassian, Weise, Sestito, Stanton all stepped up when they needed to. Too bad it wasn't enough to overcome the no-shows from Burrrows, Hansen, Edler, Garrison etc yet again.

Burrows was all over the ****ing ice.

B-rock

Jun 29, 2003
Vancouver

Man, is he ever fighting it right now. Sucking hard.

He needs to get his head out of his ass, put his head down and drive to the net. Bite the puck into the net. Whatever it takes. He's a liability right now, which is very rarely the case for Burrows.
It seems to take him quite awhile to get back to game form after missing time.

Luongos Knob

PDO Kings
Jan 20, 2009

He needs to get his head out of his ass, put his head down and drive to the net. Bite the puck into the net. Whatever it takes. He's a liability right now, which is very rarely the case for Burrows.

Burrows is 32 right now.. 33 in april. I cannot understand why gillis gave him 4 years*4.5million+NTC.

Timmer44

Mar 3, 2006
Van City
Bieksa looked afraid to get hit all game. The OT goal was the icing on the cake.

Every single D takes a hit to make a play. Bieksa seems to think he's above that and it cost the team.

Jimson Hogarth*

Nov 21, 2013
Vancouver had the better skaters last night.

I will admit that I expected Jensen, Kassian and Schroeder to be a bigger part of this team by this point in time, but I don't think our depth is that bad -- especially with the pickups of Santorelli and Richardson, who are great bottom 6 players imo. It's more our top end that needs help -- if we get a player for the top line and that pushes a couple of players down a spot in the roster, we will be a much better team.

LA's depth players held the Canucks off for the most part until their stars could get some free whacks at the pucks after serious breakdowns.

Thats what depth is supposed to do for you. The Canucks depth is weak.

Lawzy

May 27, 2011
BC

At what point was Burrows a liability?

yoss

May 25, 2011
I think it must be a mental thing at this point, **** it though I'm still watching the games and I refuse to give up on this team until the (possibly) bitter, disappointing end should they miss the post season.

Our captain still has some fight left in him, love the celly last night.

Canucks fo life *****es. What!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad