GDT: Game #26 - 12.04.14 - at Detroit - 6:30 PM - FS Southwest - 1310 AM - 96.7 FM

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
The Stars are an expansion team, essentially. This is the type of play you'd expect to see out of an expansion team.

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
The Stars aim to please. A great ticket if you're attending the game anywhere other than Dallas.

Alistar

Jul 9, 2006
So when does Nill face the questions about this terrible team? How could they (Nill and his team) have been so far off base with their predictions? Aren't these people supposed to be professional talent evaluators?

RefalancheStillLose

irreverent
May 24, 2014
So when does Nill face the questions about this terrible team? How could they (Nill and his team) have been so far off base with their predictions? Aren't these people supposed to be professional talent evaluators?

**** coaches get **** results.

He had a system nobody prepared for. They did ok, barely made the playoffs. People adjusted to said system, Ruff can't adjust.

NukeJukes43

This has nothing to do with Nill. The team that just kicked the **** out of us proves that. He helped scout and draft those players. It's coaching. Ruff and Co. are not adequate NHL coaches.

KiedisA

Feb 27, 2010
Again, this next week will show if the current coaching staff still has ways to turn the ship.. If not, hope the changes come sooner than later..

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland

Stop being so short-sighted.

Jim Nill isn't going anywhere soon.

Noodletoro

Sponsor
Aug 23, 2003
Fort Worth, TX

You should probably look at what exactly the makeup of this roster was the day Nill took office and what it is now. He has been at helm for about a year and a half. Even so much as implying he should be fired is laughable.

Alistar

Jul 9, 2006
Stop being so short-sighted.

Jim Nill isn't going anywhere soon.

Well we've established I don't have nearly as high an opinion of Nill as the rest of you, I just want to hear him explain what he believes the problem is and what he is going to do to fix it.

TestGrave

Nov 30, 2013
Central Florida
Again, this next week will show if the current coaching staff still has ways to turn the ship.. If not, hope the changes come sooner than later..

I will only appreciate the changes if they mean sell old veterans that are not in the plan and get picks and set everything up for next season... They just won't make the playoffs this season, simple as that... I don't want a 12th overall pick, please... We are seven points out of a playoff spot with teams like Minnesota and San Jose in front of us without being in the playoffs... (Obviously not a knock on your opinion, but my opinion added to it :) )

Primetimey*

@StarsInsideEdge 8m8 minutes ago

The Stars (9-12-5) are three games below .500 for first time since Dec. 10, 2008 when they were 10-13-4.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
Well we've established I don't have nearly as high an opinion of Nill as the rest of you, I just want to hear him explain what he believes the problem is and what he is going to do to fix it.

Hold on for 5 minutes. I'll call him and see if he can post on the forum so he can explain himself to you.

StarsTx

Nov 9, 2014
Well, Rynnas' first game was better than Campbell's first. 5GAA is about average for the Stars.

I don't know how good he will be as a back up, but after the 1st 5 minutes of the game he wasn't bad. The goals he gave up after the 1st one were simply horrific defence. I'm talking putrid. How many times can you guys standing alone with the puck feet away from your goalie?

Alistar

Jul 9, 2006
Hold on for 5 minutes. I'll call him and see if he can post on the forum so he can explain himself to you.

I'm sorry, I guess I'm just kind of spoiled by following European soccer where the management of teams feels some obligation to the fans that make their existence in the positions possible, and are held answerable to those fans when things go as badly as they do here.

I know that's outlandish in the North American sports culture, here we get to sit down, shut up, and continue to hand over the money. Unpopular coaches and managers can keep their jobs for years on end with no input from the fans. Clearly a better way of doing things, as everyone in Edmonton would agree.

beepeearr

@beepeearr
Jan 11, 2006
Lake Worth
Our coaches have flat out said they have no clue what to do to... So dont think any answers are coming from their, I think you throw a ton of money to get Oates to come replace Frasier, hell see if we can get Zubov to take over for Patrick, he's been working as a scout, maybe he can give coaching a shot. Lets face it Frasiers offense and Patricks defense isn't exactly winning us a ton of games. Zubov might be a bit far fetched, but Oates would be a good hire

SonicSpeedDash

All bets are off
Jun 22, 2010
Amarillo, TX
Tell ya one thing, I'm not buying into this new star rising crap anymore.

When this team actually changes and doesn't look the same as they've been for the past six years. I'll be convinced.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad