GDT: Game 25: Vancouver @ Anaheim 7pm PST

Status
Not open for further replies.

PCDiesel

Jun 17, 2011
Boston, MA
I wonder what happens with the goalie situation, I would have said Gibson is going back down to SD for rest of the season when Andersen is healthy however that seems to have been complicated with BB going with Gibson over Khudobin despite Khudobin being the backup to Andersen, would seem pretty clear BB doesn't have much faith in Khudobin (at the moment at least) but I guess it is BB so he might be the #1 again this time next week.

I'll just put a bit of Australian washing liquid (beer) on it. Good as new :nod:

Gibson either needs to be our #1 or go back down to the AHL. He needs to be playing consistently. 1A/1B with Freddy isn't going to help his development.

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
Gibson either needs to be our #1 or go back down to the AHL. He needs to be playing consistently. 1A/1B with Freddy isn't going to help his development.
You don't think playing 30-35 games at NHL level would help his development? It can be argued that it isn't ideal and I would agree but not helping his development? Not sure on that one.

I would prefer Gibson going down to SD at this point, but BB has complicated the situation a bit.

DaDucks*

You don't think playing 30-35 games at NHL level would help his development? It can be argued that it isn't ideal and I would agree but not helping his development? Not sure on that one.

I would prefer Gibson going down to SD at this point, but BB has complicated the situation a bit.

What did BB do? Gibson has been the better option over Kgoblin

mightyquack

Apr 28, 2010
What did BB do? Gibson has been the better option over Kgoblin
The petty name for Khudobin aside, I didn't say BB has done anything wrong - just that the situation is more complicated given he went with Gibson for a number of games.

2faded

Jul 3, 2009
Torrance, CA

I think Gibson would steal the job. Khudobin is the worst of the three but if Gibson forces his way onto the roster Andersen seems most likely to go.

Maybe Murray can trade Andersen for Wiz at the deadline? :sarcasm:

Sean Garrity

Quack Quack Quack!
Dec 25, 2007
Dee Eff UU
Maybe I just have high expectations for Gibson, but I've been left a little underwhelmed in every game that he's played, including this one. He was solid, but really wasn't tested all that much. However, he does deserve credit for not letting in a softie a la Hiller or now Andersen.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
I wonder what happens with the goalie situation, I would have said Gibson is going back down to SD for rest of the season when Andersen is healthy however that seems to have been complicated with BB going with Gibson over Khudobin despite Khudobin being the backup to Andersen, would seem pretty clear BB doesn't have much faith in Khudobin (at the moment at least) but I guess it is BB so he might be the #1 again this time next week.

With this team being where they are at, all bets are off as to understanding what anybody is thinking. But it wouldn't surprise me if the idea of trading Gibson or Andersen is currently part of the thought process, and this extra ice time for Gibby is part of the decision making process, one way or the other.

You know BM has to be thinking of making some kind of deal to turn the team around and hope we don't miss the playoffs.

mightyquack

Apr 28, 2010
I think Gibson would steal the job. Khudobin is the worst of the three but if Gibson forces his way onto the roster Andersen seems most likely to go.

Maybe Murray can trade Andersen for Wiz at the deadline? :sarcasm:
Couldn't argue with that. I wondered at start of season if Andersen might be moved in a package for some scoring help if they went with Gibson as the #1 later in the season.

I think Anaheim would want to see him play a full season in SD first given his injury issues in his career to date before going all in with him.

That'd put you into Alex Grant territory during his brief Ducks career. 2 shots, 2 goals... done.
I can live with that :nod:

With this team being where they are at, all bets are off as to understanding what anybody is thinking. But it wouldn't surprise me if the idea of trading Gibson or Andersen is currently part of the thought process, and this extra ice time for Gibby is part of the decision making process, one way or the other.

You know BM has to be thinking of making some kind of deal to turn the team around and hope we don't miss the playoffs.
True that. Though the thought of a Gibson trade does terrify me a little.

Oct 18, 2011
it's gibsons net for now, he's not giving up any back breaking softies. he makes all the stops he needs, with the occasional big one, the disaster vs chicago had nothing to do with him

of course a bad game or two will change things but andersen needs some heat put on him, to clean up his technique

also i wonder just how good of a goalie coach roloson is, khudobin had a .920 career save% before coming here, and andersen's technique short side and 5 hole never improves.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
I'd play Gibson every game until he ***** the bed

Silfverberg finally scored, good to see..that line was good

Hagelin is the weak link on an extremely effective 3rd line, which is sad to say about a guy making 4 million bucks...Horcoff is a pleasant surprise..he's got really good chemistry with Cogliano.

The 4th line needs to be broken up. I wouldn't mind going back to a Maroon-Thompson-Jackman 4th line when fully healthy. Santorelli and Stewart haven't done much in Anaheim

Rakell and Vatanen are flat out studs and two of the most skilled players on the team

Last edited:

Ducks Nation*

Mar 19, 2013
I'd play Gibson every game until he ***** the bed

Silfverberg finally scored, good to see..that line was good

Hagelin is the weak link on an extremely effective 3rd line, which is sad to say about a guy making 4 million bucks...Horcoff is a pleasant surprise..he's got really good chemistry with Cogliano.

The 4th line needs to be broken up. I wouldn't mind going back to a Maroon-Thompson-Jackman 4th line when fully healthy. Santorelli and Stewart haven't done much in Anaheim

Rakell and Vatanen are flat out studs and two of the most skilled players on the team

Hagelin made plenty of things happen with his speed tonight

Santo is very underrated he needs to play with better players/more skilled players. Try Sekac-Thompson-Santo maybe or put Santo with Kesler and Silf even though Sekac practiced with them today.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Hagelin made plenty of things happen with his speed tonight

Santo is very underrated he needs to play with better players/more skilled players. Try Sekac-Thompson-Santo maybe or put Santo with Kesler and Silf even though Sekac practiced with them today.

First of all I like Santorelli, but he's not underrated at all. He's had chances with on pretty much every line and hasn't produced dick. He's not a fit in with Maroon and so far hasn't shown enough skill to play in the top 9

And Did you really just argue that Santorelli needs to play with more skilled players and then argue for putting him with Thompson and Sekac? That line won't work and wouldn't be effective at any facet of the game. They wouldn't be able to score, aren't physical, and not particularly good defensively either. Thompson is a cycler/checker that works with either Cogliano on his line (not going to happen with the chemistry Cogs/Horcoff are showing) or Maroon/Jackman crashing bodies, that was very clear last year. We don't need an undersized short 4th line if our 3rd line is going to be a speed line.

I wouldn't mind Santorelli getting a chance with Kesler at some point but I want to see how this plays out with Ritchie. He's shown some inexperience and some promising plays so far. If he falters Sekac and Santorelli can rotate in

George Binks

#MakeAnaheimGr8Again
Jul 28, 2012
I thought Hagelin has played much better the last few games and I wouldn't touch that line

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
I thought Hagelin has played much better the last few games and I wouldn't touch that line

I agree he's playing fine, I just find Cogliano and Horcoff to be driving the bus on that line more. Hagelin's puck handling needs to improve a little, and he really panics when he has the puck in a scoring area (he was wide open in front of the net tonight and fired one 4 feet wide)

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Yeah Cogs and Hags looked nice together with Hork. That doesn`t change the fact that Hags is quite overpaid but oh well

gratefulyours

Great 8 = T. Selanne
Nov 9, 2010
Oakland
they looked good tonight.

even dead weight kev had a good game (i just threw up a bit)

now they just need to play like this against really good teams and we might get an ok season out of it.

hope maroon is ok...kinda scary when he just fell over.

George Binks

#MakeAnaheimGr8Again
Jul 28, 2012
I agree he's playing fine, I just find Cogliano and Horcoff to be driving the bus on that line more. Hagelin's puck handling needs to improve a little, and he really panics when he has the puck in a scoring area (he was wide open in front of the net tonight and fired one 4 feet wide)

Maybe his offense isn't there, but lately his speed on defense has been incredibly noticeable. He's making the opposition make bad passes and has looked solid on the pk

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
unfortunately Gibby will definitely be sent down IMO... its all about his darn 2 way ELC contract he is still on!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad