GDT: Game 25: Vancouver @ Anaheim 7pm PST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
Boy, it's like you don't want him on this team any more.

He's not been up to par, but you're overreacting.

I wasn't talking about specifically this game when I said that. Last year Lindholm was great at the small things. He wasn't flashy like Vatanen, which is fine. Everyone here, including myself, knew he was far more valuable than Vatanen. This year, he's not been doing those small things as well. At the start of the year, his passes were terrible. That part seems to have improved. His defensive positioning is still good, but he's been bad when he was the puck.

It's just ironic that at the beginning of the year so many here were quick to say "Bieksa is hurting Lindholm", and now that he's paired with someone who's playing the best hockey of their career (Manson), it's just "he's not playing as well as he should". Don't get me wrong, I can't stand Bieksa. I probably dislike him more than any other Duck, ever. I've hated that trade since I heard it, and was arguably the most vocal about how it was a terrible move. However, the only difference is that I'm not sugar coating it for Lindholm. Maybe I'm being too harsh, but if so, others aren't being harsh enough. It's been a lot worse than "he's not played up to par". It just didn't look as bad last night because Vancouver blows.

Last edited:

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
Nothing to complain about really. Kesler has really stepped up lately, he's been driving the play in all three zones and been our best forward.

Agreed. Easily the best game of his season so far. Ritchie looked a lot more confident. Hopefully he can build off this.

The petty name for Khudobin aside, I didn't say BB has done anything wrong - just that the situation is more complicated given he went with Gibson for a number of games.

There was 1 game towards the beginning of this year where he started Dobby kinda out of nowhere. He ended up getting pulled that game, and I remember being pissed that he even started it in the first place. Aside from that 1 time though, I think Bruce has done fine with his handling of the goalies.

Maybe I just have high expectations for Gibson, but I've been left a little underwhelmed in every game that he's played, including this one. He was solid, but really wasn't tested all that much. However, he does deserve credit for not letting in a softie a la Hiller or now Andersen.

Before this game, I would have agreed entirely. I think he gets very overrated myself. He swims way too often for my liking, but I thought he was excellent tonight. He wasn't tested very much, but when he was, he was great. No soft goals is so big in today's game. That's something Freddie has struggled with lately. Gibson had great positioning tonight. He also didn't give any bad rebounds. I thought he was great tonight.

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
Any word on Maroon?

There were tweets from a few guys covering the Ducks last night that it was just a strawberry. That seems incredibly odd based on how the play looked though. Looked bad, but I did read where Bruce said he's just got a bad strawberry. If true, that's not anything that would keep him out. However, it's Bruce, so yeah...

Vinegar Strokes

Dirty Ducks
Oct 26, 2006
San DIego
Gibson's rebound control was much better this game. He wasn't leaving pucks around the crease as much and was directing pucks to the corners more. That's something he needed drastic improvement on and I liked what I saw last night.

Jack Bauer DAMNIT

Two Way Defenseman
Nov 11, 2015
Golden State
I didn't get to watch the game last night, but noticed the scoring stretched across 3 lines. This is something I haven't seen much of this year. Last year I was 100% confident when any line was on the ice, regardless if we were defending a lead or chasing it. You can point fingers at the big guns not producing or the D being lost, but you need to roll 4 solid lines consistently to win games. Hopefully this game is the turning point that this team needs. We have the firepower, Chemistry and work ethic seem to be getting better, now we need everything to "click". Keep beating Pacific division teams, and find that rhythm.

Getzmonster

Jul 24, 2014
Gibson has played very well, definitely improving over the course of these few games, but he still overreacts quite a bit. He makes me nervous, but can't argue with his results right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad