GDT: Game 25 | Sabres @ Jackets | 12/7 7.30 PM |

ColumbusTrill

Mar 15, 2021
we'll bounce back, just got unlucky tonight

1670470216521.png

Final Boss

Dec 7, 2022
I'm just going to say it we've gotta poach Brunette while he's available
Brunette is under contract as an associate coach for NJ, not as an assistant. Therefore it is likely he has the head coaching gig next year (rumors Ruff retires and maybe enters management) and already has had some influence on the team this year.

All the talk of him leaving for a head coaching job is silly considering NJs success thus far and the clear difference in his position versus most candidates

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus

So Gud being candid said we haven’t been practicing the greatest lately .. yet Larsen said he didn’t see this coming and they have been much better lately…

Last edited:
Reactions: Cowumbus and I3LI3

Finner

Dec 8, 2018
Has Larsen been sacked yet?
I have been asking this for weeks. This is how you make the whole organisation look like circus. This organisation was a joke for years then they grabbed some respect for being playoff team and being competitive. Now we are bigger joke than ever. This house needs be cleaned from floor to the ceiling. Embrassing team

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
Maybe Larsen will circle everyone up tomorrow and talk about their feelings. Then maybe skate a little bit. You know, work on a double axel or a sowkow. Start getting prepared for the Ice Capades.

I find it hard to believe this collection of high draft picks and veteran players simply don't know how to play organized hockey. However, I'm pretty sure the coaching staff doesn't know.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
But didn’t we also suck when all these guys did play?

Moving forward goaltending and coaching are the biggest issues.

Plenty of people outside of Columbus have called out their coaching& everything around it.
& goaltending with Merz hasn’t exactly been all world.

Answers to other major holes they can get from their system/prospect pool

Vapaatunnus

Feb 2, 2021
Moving forward goaltending and coaching are the biggest issues.

Plenty of people outside of Columbus have called out their coaching& everything around it.
& goaltending with Merz hasn’t exactly been all world.

Answers to other major holes they can get from their system/prospect pool
I would say biggest issue is our D at this moment, they are not able to clear the puck from own zone at all and that creates too many goals now.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
I would say biggest issue is our D at this moment, they are not able to clear the puck from own zone at all and that creates too many goals now.

Of course the defense is a major weakness

We can atleast make excuses for it to be bad and see the potential.

Werenski, Blankenburg, Bean, Boqvist are all injured.
They’ve just used 3 high picks to draft defense.

So in time defense will be fine and at best a total force in this league.

Can’t say the same for coaching or goaltending

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
Maybe Larsen will circle everyone up tomorrow and talk about their feelings. Then maybe skate a little bit. You know, work on a double axel or a sowkow. Start getting prepared for the Ice Capades.

I find it hard to believe this collection of high draft picks and veteran players simply don't know how to play organized hockey. However, I'm pretty sure the coaching staff doesn't know.
Only Bean (24), Boqvist (22), Gudbranson (30) and Werenski (25) were drafted in the 1th round, Peeke in the 2nd round. Gudbranson in TOP 3. Boqvist and Werenski in TOP 10. Boqvist didn't play even 5 g, Bean and Werenski 15 g. Gudbranson is 30 y.

Chinakhov (21), Foudy (22), Johnson (20), Laine (24), Roslovic (25), Sillinger (19), Voráček (33) were drafted in the 1th round. Jenner and Marchenko in the 2nd round. Laine in TOP 3, Johnson TOP 5, Voráček TOP 10. Marchenko didn't play even 3 g, Laine and Foudy 15 g, Chinakhov, Johnson and Sillinger are playing little time. Voráček is 33 y.

Discuss.

Last edited:

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
We keep playing like this and the young guys might beg to be sent back to Cleveland. Maybe some of the veterans too.

JacketsDavid

Jan 11, 2013
Really bad look for Nationally Televised game.

I guess on the bright side is we were only down 2 field goals after the first period...

Vapaatunnus

Feb 2, 2021
Of course the defense is a major weakness

We can atleast make excuses for it to be bad and see the potential.

Werenski, Blankenburg, Bean, Boqvist are all injured.
They’ve just used 3 high picks to draft defense.

So in time defense will be fine and at best a total force in this league.

Can’t say the same for coaching or goaltending
Same problem existed last year also even those guys were on roster.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad