GDT: Game 25 | Sabres @ Jackets | 12/7 7.30 PM |

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
It’s officially become a chore to watch this team. I don’t know how much longer I can do it. Not that some players aren’t exciting, I was really into watching Marchenko, Elvis return, KJ, Chinny, Laine, and of course Gaudreau. But idk. I don’t even cheer when we score anymore. These wins or losses are meaningless now which drains any fun or meaning into watching

See y’all at 7:30

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia

Honestly, Gavrikov and Gudbranson are my hopes in defense. It's interesting but I think they were playing better from injuries our d-men.

Last edited:

I3LI3

Jan 9, 2021
Columbus, OH
another day to watch a brad larsen coached hockey team, another day to be severely reminded just how far away this team is to competing again.

I long for the day when a new face is standing behind the players on the bench calling out lines, regardless of where we are in the standings.

Reactions: VABUCK

Speedy Sanderson

Jan 29, 2012
I wonder if Jack plays tonight? He was bad, but there were other guys being cute with passes, etc. that shouldn't feel comfortable either.

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia

:facepalm: if it's right so again, no experiments, nothing. Just the same thing, regardless of what works or not.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
another day to watch a brad larsen coached hockey team, another day to be severely reminded just how far away this team is to competing again.

I long for the day when a new face is standing behind the players on the bench calling out lines, regardless of where we are in the standings.

Looking back on last night we got to see Marchenko in the bumper (hasn't worked yet but I think it's the right use of the skillset), we got to see KJ playing center in the third period in decent minutes, and the team actually battled. It was a tight checking game where Crosby and the officials got the best of us.

I haven't been on board with Lars this year but I've had worse days of fan exhaustion than this one.

Reactions: ColumbusTrill

I3LI3

Jan 9, 2021
Columbus, OH
Looking back on last night we got to see Marchenko in the bumper (hasn't worked yet but I think it's the right use of the skillset), we got to see KJ playing center in the third period in decent minutes, and the team actually battled. It was a tight checking game where Crosby and the officials got the best of us.

I haven't been on board with Lars this year but I've had worse days of fan exhaustion than this one.

I think it’s just accumulated for me.
one night of some better usage isn’t going to sway my opinion on his coaching. the fact that the usage has to be highlighted shows that it is long overdue and shows just how pathetic it has been that he hasn’t used KJ in the way we all have hoped.. among so many other things.

looking back, we saw marchenko play a smidge above 6 mins at even strength in his debut. even if it was against a high profile team like the penguins, that is beyond inexcusable. sure he was utilized on the PPs but what’s the excuse to have him play the lowest TOI out of anyone at even strength? the fact that eric freaking robinson had nearly 5 more minutes at even strength is baffling.

oh and how about marchenko only getting THREE shifts in the second period. 3.

or how about silly playing less than 10 minutes TOI again? I get it, he’s been pretty brutal this year (putting it nicely) but guess what… that’s his fourth time playing less than 10 minutes this year. how’s the kid supposed to grow even the slightest bit, develop even the slightest bit if he’s playing 15 percent of the game. he wasn’t even terrible last night. surely better than wonderboy Jack Roslovic who is averaging 3 more minutes a night than silly.

I could go on. but i’m busy at work.

Last edited:

I3LI3

Jan 9, 2021
Columbus, OH

to reiterate these thoughts, I thought berni was a bright spot last night. in my eyes, the best defenseman last night. his poise was impressive, same with his skating.

these last few call ups on defense have been pleasantly surprising, who woulda thought. bjork and berni.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137

:facepalm: if it's right so again, no experiments, nothing. Just the same thing, regardless of what works or not.

He experimented last night and the tweet you literally posted said that players in this lineup might not even play depending on who feels sick and who doesn't.

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
He experimented last night and the tweet you literally posted said that players in this lineup might not even play depending on who feels sick and who doesn't.
Three experiments, Marchenko in the third line minimum time and PP, Berni instead of Christiansen.
Besides, if the players were healthy, the lineup probably wouldn't change. That's why I'm writing, if it's true.

ThirdPeriodTurtle

Jul 13, 2022
Finland
Marchenko is interesting because I don't think you can use the same explanation as for Johnson. Marchenko has played pro hockey, he might need adjusting to the NA style still but he shouldn't have any other trouble or concerns of a long season etc. He was mostly invisible to my eye last night but I would expect him to play more if he plays well. If he plays well and still doesn't get play time (i.e. the Johnson treatment), then I don't know what's up and my excuses for Lars will diminish.

It's tiring to lose but I'll keep watching. Still some interesting game-by-game things going on, and the everlasting hope that maybe things change towards the end of the season (re: Johnson). I'll probably skip the 3rd period (or even the 2nd) due to timing though.

I've had one change as the season has progressed - I haven't watched Larsen's press stuff since the first few games. I watch some of the players (Johnny, Laine, goalies, Johnson, Marchenko now) but not Lars, it's hard to believe in him at the moment. Marchenko talks a little better English than I thought and seems fun and happy!

Last edited:

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Maybe im weird but I dont share the concerns of Johnson and minutes. Hes slight but he doesnt engage in the physical battles guys like Jenner for example. Hes not a jittery burner like Gaudreau spending large amounts of energy in short bursts, he doesnt take many big hits. I think its planning for made up scenarios and I hate it. If he needs a game off midseason because hes showing wear and tear then do it, pretty simple. I hate coaching based off of what could happen vs what is happening.

I3LI3

Jan 9, 2021
Columbus, OH
Marchenko is interesting because I don't think you can use the same explanation as for Johnson. Marchenko has played pro hockey, he might need adjusting to the NA style still but he shouldn't have any other trouble or concerns of a long season etc. He was mostly invisible to my eye last night but I would expect him to play more if he plays well. If he plays well and still doesn't get play time (i.e. the Johnson treatment), then I don't know what's up and my excuses for Lars will diminish.

It's tiring to lose but I'll keep watching. Still some interesting game-by-game things going on, and the everlasting hope that maybe things change towards the end of the season (re: Johnson). I'll probably skip the 3rd period (or even the 2nd) due to timing though.

I've had one change as the season has progressed - I haven't watched Larsen's press stuff since the first few games. I watch some of the players (Johnny, Laine, goalies, Johnson, Marchenko now) but not Lars, it's hard to believe in him at the moment. Marchenko talks a little better English than I thought and seems fun and happy!

glad I’m not the only one. I refuse to listen to Larsen’s pre and post game interviews. so drab. same response constantly.

“yup, we know what we need to do” x3792929

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
glad I’m not the only one. I refuse to listen to Larsen’s pre and post game interviews. so drab. same response constantly.

“yup, we know what we need to do” x3792929
I went from thinking he was interesting guy to hear talk about hockey originally to doing the same as you and just shutting off his post game pressers.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Maybe im weird but I dont share the concerns of Johnson and minutes. Hes slight but he doesnt engage in the physical battles guys like Jenner for example. Hes not a jittery burner like Gaudreau spending large amounts of energy in short bursts, he doesnt take many big hits. I think its planning for made up scenarios and I hate it. If he needs a game off midseason because hes showing wear and tear then do it, pretty simple. I hate coaching based off of what could happen vs what is happening.
He's coaching based off of 30 years of NHL experience of being in and around the league and going through it. You don't think he hasn't called guys like Hitch and asked for advice on how to handle certain players and situations? As a Jackets fan how many players have we seen rushed into the NHL and rushed into big time minutes that weren't ready?

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
He's coaching based off of 30 years of NHL experience of being in and around the league and going through it. You don't think he hasn't called guys like Hitch and asked for advice on how to handle certain players and situations? As a Jackets fan how many players have we seen rushed into the NHL and rushed into big time minutes that weren't ready?
No doubt he has. You’re making the case he’s an old school coach which may be less that ideal for this group. I look at Martin St Louis, a new coach. While not posting a stellar record, it seems to be doing great work with young guts like Caufield and Suzuki. That’s what is needed here - not winning now but building for the future. Right now, Lars strikes me as just another guy.

Reactions: CBJx614

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
The best part of tonight is getting to watch the CBJ suck in 1080i.

I'm so tired of watching the sucking on Bally Sports in dark and dingy 720p.

Apr 9, 2009
USA
The best part of tonight is getting to watch the CBJ suck in 1080i.

I'm so tired of watching the sucking on Bally Sports in dark and dingy 720p.

I’ll be happy to catch puck drop. I am still seeing a frozen imagine of Thompson and Gaudreau. Been this way most of the pregame broadcast. NBATV is also frozen, Spectrum must have something going on.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad