GDT: Game #25 of the season Islanders visit Ducks 10:00 PM ET on 11 - 25 - 19

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
K question i missed the game, but watched highlights, so idk if different angles showed more but to me

1st goal says Getzlaf... but it looked like terrys goal and getz w/ assist.

The 3rd goal has guds and fowler with assist, but looks like steel deflects it at center.

Was there better views that showed different or is the box score wrong?

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
K question i missed the game, but watched highlights, so idk if different angles showed more but to me

1st goal says Getzlaf... but it looked like terrys goal and getz w/ assist.

The 3rd goal has guds and fowler with assist, but looks like steel deflects it at center.

Was there better views that showed different or is the box score wrong?
On the first one, Terry swiped at it, but Eberle actually hit it just before Terry got to it and swatted it into his own net.
I haven't seen a great view on the third goal, but I assume it was the defenseman who tipped it at center ice, and not Steel.

Reactions: Getz2noone

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
On the first one, Terry swiped at it, but Eberle actually hit it just before Terry got to it and swatted it into his own net.
I haven't seen a great view on the third goal, but I assume it was the defenseman who tipped it at center ice, and not Steel.
Ah okay, was hard to tell on the replays with the angles they had... doesnt matter really... was just interested if those were going to stick, also wouldnt mind terry getting a trash goal here or there to hopefully boost his confidence

If we can get terry going, that would be huge

GrandmaSlices51631

Dec 12, 2013
Long Beach
Isles fan here in peace, went to the pond tonight, home crowd was gracious in victory. You guys deserved the W, good pressure and physicality from the webbed feet when it mattered. Despite what the TV or box score may have shown, there was not a moment as an Isles fan where I felt like we were on the brink of scoring. They gave Trotz a taste of his own medicine, hopefully we can wake up and bounce back vs LA on Weds.

Last edited by a moderator:

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
That was fun. Club seats are awesome.

Gibson was a monster in the first period, and I thought he should've been first star TBQH. The fight was fun, and the offense broke out in the third. I really liked your anthem singer too, great voice but went at a quick pace.

I really knew little about the Ducks roster coming in aside from the big names who have been around the league for years, but definitely made a few new favorites tonight. Deslauriers for the fight of course, and that Kase dude looked so incredibly happy after scoring his goal that I can't help but root for him.

Good game, hopefully I win more work raffles for future games.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
View attachment 282735

Fowler & Gudbranson did a good job tonight. Hope to see them paired again to see how things go.
Gudbranson is playing pretty well for us, averaging 20+ mins, been a solid veteran and a physical presence and also can get the puck out of the zone fairly well. He honestly looks a good person and a locker room presence as well.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
That was fun. Club seats are awesome.

Gibson was a monster in the first period, and I thought he should've been first star TBQH. The fight was fun, and the offense broke out in the third. I really liked your anthem singer too, great voice but went at a quick pace.

I really knew little about the Ducks roster coming in aside from the big names who have been around the league for years, but definitely made a few new favorites tonight. Deslauriers for the fight of course, and that Kase dude looked so incredibly happy after scoring his goal that I can't help but root for him.

Good game, hopefully I win more work raffles for future games.
Kase literally looks like that everytime he scores a goal... ive never seen some one that excited about every goal he scores. Hes just a fun player to watch in general... battles hard, pretty gifted offensively... the nice thing about kase is he creates offense on his own.. he generally plays with our 3rd line players, and doenst get a ton of powerplay time... but finds ways to be productive despite that.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
View attachment 282735

Fowler & Gudbranson did a good job tonight. Hope to see them paired again to see how things go.
Gudbranson could actually be a pretty solid fit for Fowler.

I think I saw someone say it earlier in the thread, but id like to see fowler be a bit more like a rover on the powerplay... his skating is his best asset and I feel like putting him at the point and basically stand stationary does nothing for his game... let him play like scott did and move around the zone and try to create space for himself and others with or without the puck.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Gudbranson could actually be a pretty solid fit for Fowler.

I think I saw someone say it earlier in the thread, but id like to see fowler be a bit more like a rover on the powerplay... his skating is his best asset and I feel like putting him at the point and basically stand stationary does nothing for his game... let him play like scott did and move around the zone and try to create space for himself and others with or without the puck.
Which allows for Guhle/Larsson to be sheltered on the 3rd pairing when Manson is back.

Reactions: robbieboy3686

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Running some numbers,the PK was around a 83% when Lindholm and Mason were in the line up, the games they weren’t , Anaheim was around a 65%. As you know those guys take the most Mins on the PK.

Reactions: Getz2noone

MilesNewton

Jul 7, 2019
Gudbranson had the best game in 3 years last night great to see. Also Gibson played at a different level last night Cautiously optimistic that this team is climbing back up.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Why not throw MDZ back in I still think I would like to see Guhle sent back down even Larsson to be honest.
I`m excited about the young guys but I`m all for sending them down for stretches this season. That includes the 4 F`s and the 2 D`s.

Sad that Sherwood got injured, would love to call him up. I imagine Benoit, Kopacka, Lundestrom all could get a game or two in the NHL, in return. Not longer tho.

Reactions: MilesNewton

DigiDuck

More covfefe please.
Jan 11, 2019
Burbank
Del Zotto and Larsson would be a fine 3rd pairing and Holzer as 7D. Rather see Guhle get more time in the A to hone is overall game when Manson is back. Larsson has improved the past couple weeks, and is better served getting regular minutes now at the NHL level.

Reactions: MilesNewton
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad