GDT: Game #25 of the season Islanders visit Ducks 10:00 PM ET on 11 - 25 - 19

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.
images

16 - 3 - 2 for 34 points with a Road Record of 6 - 1 - 1 and are 8 - 0 - 2 in last 10 games

Production Leaders
Goals: Barzal with 9
Assists: Barzal and Nelson with 11

vs.

giphy.webp

10 - 11 - 3 for 23 points with a Home Record of 6 - 4 - 2 and are 2 - 5 - 3 in last 10 games

Production Leaders
Goals: Silfverberg with 9
Assists: Lindholm,Rakell,Getzlaf and Silfverberg with 9

s-l300.jpg

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Someone has to end their point streak (I believe it`s 18 games now). I believe we can do it, just need to not make rookie mistakes on defense.
We have one of the worst offence (GPG) and they have one of the best defense (GAPG) but I`m confident we can surprise them.
They have Martin and Clutterbuck to hit people, have to watch out.

ducks8

Mar 27, 2009
Riverside CA
I have 0 expectations for this game. They stand 0 chance with how Gibson has been playing. Just please make it an exciting game. I don't care what the score is. Just make it exciting

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I have 0 expectations for this game. They stand 0 chance with how Gibson has been playing. Just please make it an exciting game. I don't care what the score is. Just make it exciting

Would be nice though to end their point streak. Been tired of hearing about it here. lol.

Dirk316

Nov 8, 2004
St Petersburg, Fl
For the anti fighting, toughness is useless game has evolved dinosaur posters NYI the best team in the league has Ross Johnston arguably the league's best heavyweight enforcer "face puncher" Matt Martin and Scott Mayfield amongst other occasional fighters and pests

Reactions: Getz2noone

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
If anyone is looking for some pre game entertainment.... the blues are visiting Nashville(you know how their fan base is)…. and it looks like its going to be a very hostile enviorment after the Bortuzzo crosscheck.

I think Nashville is going to go out of their way to stir the pot a bit specially with that fan base going nuts.

MilesNewton

Jul 7, 2019
Can Guhle put together a complete game tonight? Not sure he is trending downward most likely the NHL grind is getting to him Larsson averaging 20 minutes of play and not contributing that much. Is it wrong to say both of these guys are regressing?

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Can Guhle put together a complete game tonight? Not sure he is trending downward most likely the NHL grind is getting to him Larsson averaging 20 minutes of play and not contributing that much. Is it wrong to say both of these guys are regressing?

They’re not regressing, they’re just going through ups and downs like any young player goes through. In an ideal world neither is in the NHL right now, both are fringe players.

Reactions: Hockey Duckie

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
In his last 10 games, Larsson has been a + player twice, - three times, and is overall -2. That’s not horrible for a rookie on the 3rd pairing when he’s not being given sheltered minutes (he’s getting essentially the same zone starts as Lindholm). Like Paul said, rookie ups and downs.

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
For the anti fighting, toughness is useless game has evolved dinosaur posters NYI the best team in the league has Ross Johnston arguably the league's best heavyweight enforcer "face puncher" Matt Martin and Scott Mayfield amongst other occasional fighters and pests
Johnston and Martin have played a COMBINED 19 games, meaning they have been in the lineup for around half of their team's games. I will give you Mayfield, though. I think he's a very good player, very similar to Manson.

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
Martin was injured for a month my point stands
Your point was that they have been the best team in the league with these guys on the team, but 2 of the 3 guys you mentioned haven't played much so far this year. I don't doubt that Martin would be in the lineup when healthy, but they've been a really good team with him injured, too.

EDIT: My point is that the Isles are a very good team with or without those guys in the lineup.

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
Very interesting you guys have the ET as the game time. Why?
Pests in Leo, Clutterbuck, Cizikas. Fighters in Johnston, Marty and Mayfield. Tough guys in Lee and Boychuk. Definitely a gritty group, lot of tough guys.
Johnston and Martin have played a COMBINED 19 games, meaning they have been in the lineup for around half of their team's games. I will give you Mayfield, though. I think he's a very good player, very similar to Manson.
Manson is better and Mayfield hasn't been as good this year as last but it's a good comparison. when he was breaking out that's who he reminded me of. Good call.

Reactions: duxfan1101

wraparound

May 17, 2014
All I can hope for is an improvement upon their last game while still losing in regulation. Because Alexis Lafrenière.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal

NYI rank 3rd in GA/g average with 2.43.
They're an average goal scoring team with 3.14 GF/g. (For perspective, the Ducks are scoring 2.71 GF/g. Not that far away.)

G Griess has a 2.07 GAA, 2nd best in the league.
G Griess has 0.934 Save %, 3rd best in the league.

G Varlamov has a 2.64 GAA, 16th best.
G Varlamov has a 0.913 Save %, 19th best.

Our Goaltenders
Gibby has a 3.02 GAA, 33rd best.
Gibby has a 0.908 Save %, 28th best.

Miller has a 3.14, 40th best.
Miller has a 0.899, 37th best.

I think their goaltending has a lot to say for their productions. We used to be like that at the beginning of the year. Now... now, we're without top end netminders. Don't get me wrong, I like physical play, but to say fighting wins games is foolish when the obviousness of great goaltending is the prominent factor.

Look at Arizona. They're barely scoring above us with a 2.72 GF/g, but a league leading 2.28 GA/g average.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Hey all, New England transplant and Bruins fan here, but I won tickets for the game tonight from work and am looking forward to going. I've only been to a Ducks game once before, and that was in the cheap seats that time. Given where the Ducks and Isles are in the standings respectively, I'll go in with no expectations but hope it'll be a good time.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Hey all, New England transplant and Bruins fan here, but I won tickets for the game tonight from work and am looking forward to going. I've only been to a Ducks game once before, and that was in the cheap seats that time. Given where the Ducks and Isles are in the standings respectively, I'll go in with no expectations but hope it'll be a good time.
Despite our recent 10 games... the ducks games have been fairly entertaining/close.... we were missing Lindholm/manson(still missing manson, Lindholm came back last game) which hurt the team a lot.

I think itll be a pretty good game personally.

Reactions: McGarnagle
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad