GDT: Game #25|Mar. 7, 2013|Penguins at Flyers|7:00 p.m. ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
Having experienced a watered down version of Read's injury, I cannot believe he is ready to go... especially after reading that he still can't shoot the puck without pain. How is he going to feel getting hit?

Gert B Frobe

Nov 18, 2003
Chester County
I think this could be the beginning of the end for this season. Maybe not. And then Boston on Saturday? Not feeling overly confident.

I really like Darnell Nurse - execpt he's McNabb's wife's cousin. Too bad #5 hasn't been retired by the Flyers. That would be bad...

Teezax

Nov 25, 2002
Montreal
Don't count the Flyers out of this game, they will rise to the occassion as they always do against the Pens, Boston though... who knows.

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
Very important to get at least 2 points over the next two games.

The Flyers have a back-to-back with New Jersey next week, which will have a significant impact on the team's confidence with their playoff chances.

TheLegendkiller

Sep 2, 2009
Line-up is a little wrong. Cooke STILL on the 2nd line (good god wtf), possibly no Paul Martin so Mark Eaton is in the line-up.

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
Line-up is a little wrong. Cooke STILL on the 2nd line (good god wtf), possibly no Paul Martin so Mark Eaton is in the line-up.

Dan Rosen‏@drosennhl

Dan Bylsma says Paul Martin is a gametime decision. "I hope so," Martin said. "I feel good." Bylsma also says M-A Fleury will start in net.

Dave Molinari‏@MolinariPG

Paul Martin says he will play tonight.

Josh Yohe‏@JoshYohe_Trib

Apparently Despres sustained a very minor injury during skate. Not sure what his status is tonight.

https://twitter.com/pgshelly

Here are the forward combinations being deployed by coach Dan Bylsma during the Penguins' game-day skate at the Wells Fargo Center in Philadelphia:

Kuntz-Crosby-Dupuis

Bennett-Malkin-Neal

Cooke-Sutter-Kennedy

Glass-Vitale-Adams

Dustin Jeffrey is the spare forward.

Defenseman Paul Martin, who was injured last week, joined the workout late, but is out there.

Last edited:

Ryker

Oct 3, 2008
Triangle, NC, USA
I usually stream but I can't cause I have class. ANd I don't wanna spend money on center ice. **** that. :laugh:
Well, it's really cheap and if you have a good internet connection I don't know why you'd put up with crappy streams rather than shell out those measly $50. Unless you really can't afford it, but somehow I have the feeling there aren't people like that posting here. But as to your question, you can also easily get torrents for the game.

TheLegendkiller

Sep 2, 2009
Well, it's really cheap and if you have a good internet connection I don't know why you'd put up with crappy streams rather than shell out those measly $50. Unless you really can't afford it, but somehow I have the feeling there aren't people like that posting here. But as to your question, you can also easily get torrents for the game.

Ok nice. I mean I could afford it, I shouldn't try to through. I'm about the graduate grad school and have loans to pay back so center ice would just be an annoying luxury at this point.

Candyman

Aug 17, 2012
Indiana
Pens fan coming in peace

I see there is some discussion on the Penguins lines for tonight.

The general consensus is:

Kunitz-Crosby-Dupuis
Bennett-Malkin-Neal
Cooke-Sutter-Kennedy
Glass-Vitale-Adams

Letang-Niskanen
Orpik-Martin
Eaton-Engellend

Fleury

Despres is said to have a minor fingernail injury but is expected to sit tonight for Eaton.

Good luck tonight gentlemen (and ladies).

flyguy

Sean Cubeturier
Dec 28, 2004
Anchorage, Alaska
It is stupid to let Read play so soon. I really hope it doesn't bit them in the butt if he takes a hard hit and causes further injury to his ribs.

FlyersFan61290

Jul 13, 2010
Philadelphia
It is stupid to let Read play so soon. I really hope it doesn't bit them in the butt if he takes a hard hit and causes further injury to his ribs.

i don't think he's in a position to re-injure it or anything. If he does in fact play I assume it's cause it's just a matter of playing through the pain. some injuries are like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad