GDT: Game 25: Columbus at St. Louis | 11/28 8PM EST

We Want Ten

Make Chinakov Great Again
Apr 5, 2013
Columbus
I'll agree with your general point about the line, but Hartnell and Saad were very involved in last night's goal. It wasn't as if they just happened to be on the ice. Hartnell was on the lip of the goal crease and Joey scored off the rebound of Saad's shot. I wonder if we should be giving so many minutes to Karlsson. We have only scored 6 goals all year with him on the ice.

I disagree with you about Karlsson, to me Foligno is the much bigger concern.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Foligno's getting shots.. But he's missing the mustard on it. Needs to keep driving the net and get a couple greasers to get his confidence going.

Agreed. It will come. Frustrating for sure but, I don't blame Foligno for where we are right now.

Fred Glover

Chief of Sinners
Nov 17, 2007
Ohio
Torts comments should be fun as he talks about:

Being outshot, outplayed, lost the majority of the face offs

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite
Did that really come out of Tortorella's mouth?

@Aportzline: #CBJ coach John Tortorella, on missing Dubinsky: "We're not going to whine here. Pittsburgh can whine. Pittsburgh whines enough for the whole league, so there's no room for any other team to whine. We just go about our business."

major major

Feb 18, 2013
I disagree with you about Karlsson, to me Foligno is the much bigger concern.

You can be concerned about both. :laugh:

The team still scores a fair bit when Foligno is out there. Even in Foligno's awful slump, he's still handily outproducing Karlsson. The team scores an abysmal 1.27 goals for every 60 minutes that Karlsson plays. Foligno's at a 2.15, which is low but not in the same neighborhood as Karlsson.

We Want Ten

Apr 5, 2013
Columbus
You can be concerned about both. :laugh:

The team still scores a fair bit when Foligno is out there. Even in Foligno's awful slump, he's still handily outproducing Karlsson. The team scores an abysmal 1.27 goals for every 60 minutes that Karlsson plays. Foligno's at a 2.15, which is low but not in the same neighborhood as Karlsson.

Does that count towards PK and PP time?

We Want Ten

Apr 5, 2013
Columbus
Oh sorry. That's 5 on 5 only.

Ok, thanks.
I get your point, I guess the third or fourth line C's just don't get me all that upset. While I do care, I care more about the Captains woes at this time. I'm going to chalk some of it up to growing pains and needing time. The C has no such excuse IMO.

To prove your point though, 2 of those goals on Karlsons line came in one game... Lol.

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
@Aportzline: #CBJ coach John Tortorella, on missing Dubinsky: "We're not going to whine here. Pittsburgh can whine. Pittsburgh whines enough for the whole league, so there's no room for any other team to whine. We just go about our business."

I'm starting to LOVE this guy! :yo:

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Ok, thanks.
I get your point, I guess the third or fourth line C's just don't get me all that upset. While I do care, I care more about the Captains woes at this time. I'm going to chalk some of it up to growing pains and needing time. The C has no such excuse IMO.

To prove your point though, 2 of those goals on Karlsons line came in one game... Lol.

It's fair to hold Foligno to a higher standard.

But we're not just putting Karlsson out there in a shutdown or checking capacity. He's got two of our top goal scorers on his wings, and they haven't been scoring with him.

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite
We have about as much chance of trading Foligno as we do Clarkson

2 contracts to screw this entire organization for 4 more years

but they got their money.......no worries for either of them

Clarkson is wayyyy worse than Foligno, even though I am growing to hate Nick's contract. We are paying Nick to be a 60-65 point guy, when he's going to be in the 40-45 point range most years, if we're lucky.

Clarkson is basically a $7 million version of Corey Tropp.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
they're all important. every loss hurts, where we are now. we need winning streaks. not 1 or 2 in a row.

I agree, but the streaks mean more against eastern teams. This sucks not to get a point, but there's no sense in overreacting

Johansen2Foligno

CBJ Realest
Jan 2, 2015
Clarkson is wayyyy worse than Foligno, even though I am growing to hate Nick's contract. We are paying Nick to be a 60-65 point guy, when he's going to be in the 40-45 point range most years, if we're lucky.

Clarkson is basically a $7 million version of Corey Tropp.

Don't insult Tropp like that

:laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad