GDT: Game 25: Columbus at St. Louis | 11/28 8PM EST

Mayor Bee

Dec 29, 2008
He is our Moonlight Graham.

Ha, I was going to post that initially, but wasn't sure if anyone gets that reference anymore!

There are plenty of old folks on this board to get the Moonlight Graham reference.

I think you have to be pretty young to miss that one. Or just hate baseball. I'm 31 and I saw Field of Dreams about 100 times as a kid.

Baseball references? This is a hockey board, consarnit!

I think my favorite player who only got into one game was Ron Wright. One game for Seattle: struck out on three pitches in his first at-bat, grounded into a double play in his third, and in between managed to hit into a triple play. For his MLB career, he averaged producing two outs per at-bat.

Actually, it's Walt Alston, the Dodgers' legendary manager. He was called up for one game with the Cardinals in 1936, struck out against Lon Warneke, and would eventually become of the greatest managers in history.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
The good? We're not in last in the NHL. The bad? We're last in the East. If we would have won we would have jumped Toronto and Carolina and been tied with Buffalo. We have more wins than all of them, but haven't been able to force any games to OT. Which we have to at the very least start doing.

Nanabijou

Booooooooooone
Dec 22, 2009
Columbus, Ohio
The good? We're not in last in the NHL. The bad? We're last in the East. If we would have won we would have jumped Toronto and Carolina and been tied with Buffalo. We have more wins than all of them, but haven't been able to force any games to OT. Which we have to at the very least start doing.

On the plus side, the ROW for the CBJ is very good from a tiebreaker point of view. Just need to win more now...

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
On the plus side, the ROW for the CBJ is very good from a tiebreaker point of view. Just need to win more now...

If we just simply start forcing games to OT we'll rise in the standings. All these 2-1 3-2 losses that turn into 3-1 or 4-2 because of the EN goals have got to be turned into OTL at the very least. If we could have gotten 3 or 4 OTL points we'd be in the top 20 in the league.

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
Ken Hitchcock apparently called out the Jackets for 'cheating' Saturday night...

Jeremy Rutherford (STL media personnel):

"Why were the Blues so successful on face-offs Saturday against Columbus? You'll remember they won 37 of 53 (69.8%) of the draws. (1/2)"

Well, Hitch knows why: "The other team was cheating, and we got the linesman to square them up and they didn't win any draws because of it."

Hitch: "They were turning and cheating and we dinged them on it. They had to go about it with fair play and they couldn't beat us."

Hitch: "They had a couple of guys who got us in Columbus. We asked for help on it and we didn't get it, and we got it the last game."

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Ken Hitchcock apparently called out the Jackets for 'cheating' Saturday night...

Jeremy Rutherford (STL media personnel):

"Why were the Blues so successful on face-offs Saturday against Columbus? You'll remember they won 37 of 53 (69.8%) of the draws. (1/2)"

Well, Hitch knows why: "The other team was cheating, and we got the linesman to square them up and they didn't win any draws because of it."

Hitch: "They were turning and cheating and we dinged them on it. They had to go about it with fair play and they couldn't beat us."

Hitch: "They had a couple of guys who got us in Columbus. We asked for help on it and we didn't get it, and we got it the last game."

Torts speaks out and suddenly everyone speaks out.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Turning and cheating?! What? If he's talking about a guy basically turning around as quickly as possible while pushing the opposing center back, essentially boxing him out, so another player can come pick the puck up isn't cheating? Maybe interference or something but eh... :dunno:

Nanabijou

Booooooooooone
Dec 22, 2009
Columbus, Ohio
Turning and cheating?! What? If he's talking about a guy basically turning around as quickly as possible while pushing the opposing center back, essentially boxing him out, so another player can come pick the puck up isn't cheating? Maybe interference or something but eh... :dunno:

He's talking about the jackets turning their skates prior to puck drop.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad