GDT: Game 25 Canucks @ Jets - Mon. March 1st 5pm PST/8pm EST/ March 2nd 2am CET/5am GST/9am HKT/12pm AEDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ginger Papa

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.
This is just too much. I love this song. I love Queen.

You must have an awful lot of free time and "I must say" I for one am glad.
I’ve mentioned this before, but I’ll briefly say it again.

I work away from my family all week so I indeed do have a lot of free time, lol.

I do not engage in any other social media, just HF, and it’s helped keep my sanity over the last year as much as anything.

Considering how our season is going, I’m trying to bring a bit more positive energy & entertainment to the GDT’s now.

Thank you & everyone else for the kind words.

0713D5F8-566E-4EDA-8755-A6388805C4F3.jpeg

Edit: Further to @NomadicCanadian ’s post, I didn’t mean to imply any judgment on others use of Social Media, but rather that for me it’s been healthy not to engage in it, whereas I’ve found HF to be a great community.

Last edited:

CanuckleBerry

Benning Survivor
Sep 27, 2017
New Westminster
I work away from my family all week so I indeed do have a lot of free time, lol.

I do not engage in any other social media, just HF, and it’s helped keep my sanity over the last year as much as anything.

Considering how our season is going, I’m trying to bring a bit more positive energy & entertainment to the GDT’s now.
View attachment 402061

Wicked thread Ginger Papa. Your efforts are appreciated very much. Please stay the goofy you.

It's true and should be reinforced how managing our social media can have such a vast impact on our mental well being. My own usage isnt quite where I want it to be, but it's getting better and I've already seen a difference in myself.

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014

View attachment 402061

You are welcome.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014

Yet every game I read the same complaints that the refs don't call penalties on the opponents. I see the same kind of reffing both ways. Some nights the refs suck for both teams. Some nights they swallow their whistles. Some nights they just do the worst ref thing, even up the number of calls by the end of the night.

The secret to success for every NHL team has always been the same. Kill your penalties and score on your PPs. Know that if you score, the ref response may over compensate the other side by a call or 2. All the more reason to have a strong PK.

We all know this to be true.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013

View attachment 402061

Edit: Further to @NomadicCanadian ’s post, I didn’t mean to imply any judgment on others use of Social Media, but rather that for me it’s been healthy not to engage in it, whereas I’ve found HF to be a great community.
:heart::heart::heart:

Peen

Oct 6, 2013

- EP has hit ten thousand posts
- BB/Miller have some issues and I think that’s affecting some on ice chemistry and PP performance
- Second unit has had trouble sustaining pressure and also poor shooting luck. Not a single PP goal for them.

Just bad.

Canucks have played well enough to win games recently. Last season, they got the special teams performances and goaltending to push them over the hump.

Without that, we get moral victory ssn.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Canucks lead the league in minor penalties.....that either means poor defensive positioning or just not enough team speed. When you lose body position as a checker and start chasing the play, the parade to the penalty box is the result. And tonight in Winterpeg won't be much different.

I don't care how good your pk is, when you're shorthanded as much as the Canucks, the power plays are just too good to survive for long. Eventually they'll break you down.

Will likely be a special teams game tonight in the 'Peg. And when was the last time the Canucks came out on top in a special teams battle?

Peen

Oct 6, 2013
Canucks bottom 6 scoring is in the bottom quarter of the league..Production from Virtanen and Gaudette is almost negligible...Players in the top 6 (not named Brock Boeser) are having off years...?
Almost as if it was obvious three years ago that having two guys who can’t make plays for teammates being your bottom six centermen would be a hindrance to bottom six production.

Virtanen produced individual offense and it was unsustainable.

Gaudette got points on the PP and in butter soft ES minutes.

It was a bad group of players even when they had more success last season.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Just got back with the drink of choice for tonight’s win in the Pig.
I’m see in my glass a 4-3 OT win, and a month of us winning at a .750 clip
I just love my Blue and Green Kool Aide!!!

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
The bottom-six issue is pretty simple to me - you can't have any of Roussel, Beagle, or Eriksson on the 3rd line as they are useless offensively at this point. Ideally you would have Motte/Gaudette/Virtanen or slide Sutter in there somewhere and I think they would be okay.

I am toxic

. . . even in small doses
Oct 24, 2014
Vancouver

View attachment 402061

tumblr_inline_o807i5311Z1rkygkg_500.gifv

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
The bottom-six issue is pretty simple to me - you can't have any of Roussel, Beagle, or Eriksson on the 3rd line as they are useless offensively at this point. Ideally you would have Motte/Gaudette/Virtanen or slide Sutter in there somewhere and I think they would be okay.
I think they were banking on Gaudette and Virtanen at least putting up some numbers...3 points combined for both of them..thats a bad look...4th liner Motte had 5 goals and an assist in 15 games.

ChilliBilly

Aug 22, 2007
chilliwacki
Well done Ginger, but I think we can all agree this season is done. too bad no superstar in the stars for us this year.

But we have Hoggy this year in the Calder talk and next year both Rathbone and podkolzin have a shot. Once we get rid of all the deadwood on the roster next year, we should be a pretty scary team.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Well done Ginger, but I think we can all agree this season is done. too bad no superstar in the stars for us this year.

But we have Hoggy this year in the Calder talk and next year both Rathbone and podkolzin have a shot. Once we get rid of all the deadwood on the roster next year, we should be a pretty scary team.
2 points in his last 10...He's going to have to start converting his chances.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
I think they were banking on Gaudette and Virtanen at least putting up some numbers...3 points combined for both of them..thats a bad look...4th liner Motte had 5 goals and an assist in 15 games.

Right, but if they were put in better positions to succeed they would be doing better. Eriksson, Roussel, and Beagle essentially make it like you're playing short-handed out here in the offensive zone.

Not absolving the players either, I just think Green has to take his blame as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad