Post-Game Talk: GAME 25 - BAH HUMBUG - A Bruins no show - Buffalo 3 BRUINS 1 F

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Others disagree. Myself, I have no way of knowing intent, but I saw a raised elbow and a shift up that could be a reverse hit. Others. including commentators, saw the same thing, so it's not all black and white. Which is why I asked the forum contrarian to allow others the luxury of their opinion, as I give you and him.

I'm just calling it how I see it. Peterka does brace for contact, but I see nothing malicious in it. If others disagree, that's fine.

Reactions: lopey and TobanWest

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
The regular season is a grind. The B's were mentally complacent after a 3-game winning streak, while the Sabres were desperate.

Former players have been honest - some games, they mail it in. The B's did that last night.

It can be a downer for those who bought tickets or spent a couple of hours watching. But the sky isn't falling, and losing points to gain yet another playoff home ice advantage no longer feels all that important.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
The regular season is a grind. The B's were mentally complacent after a 3-game winning streak, while the Sabres were desperate.

Former players have been honest - some games, they mail it in. The B's did that last night.

It can be a downer for those who bought tickets or spent a couple of hours watching. But the sky isn't falling, and losing points to gain yet another playoff home ice advantage no longer feels all that important.
I may be wrong but it seems to me that the Bruins play better when games are closer together.

SwayHeyKid

Living by faith, not by sight.
Mar 14, 2022
Ah that time of the year. Bruins lose the Hanifan infauation resurfaces. The dump Freddy, JDB and Gryz themes pop up again. The pining for tough goon hockey which the NHL basically outlaws today. Its a long grind of a season, Relax ....
If they pop up every year, doesn't that tell you something in itself?

I'm just calling it how I see it. Peterka does brace for contact, but I see nothing malicious in it. If others disagree, that's fine.
Agree 100% Nothing nefarious there at all IMO.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003

I agree.

And while I Haven't seen any mention of it being reviewed, the saddest aspect of the NHL is that I wouldn’t be surprised to find out he was fined the same amount as Trouba.

Reactions: Aussie Bruin

quietbruinfan

Salt and light
Feb 2, 2022
Land of Nod in the East of Eden
You would have to pay more but it be worth it for someone who can score consistently and who is not streaky. I say Jake is overpaid now for what he is bringing to the table. 4 goals. He is more a checker. Dime a dozen
Jake is much more a scorer than a checker. He will score his 20 to 25 most places and check decently, but Jake is neither a good playmaker, nor consistent. I am with you. It is time for him to go

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
I think Sweeney needs to move Debrusk now. Can’t sign him with these numbers. Not sure what he can get for him though.
Try and package him to Calgary for Hannifin.It would put both players close to home .Thought about this since DKH aka Dan, mentioned it long ago.I have been watching Noah extra close since rumors Flames are shopping players and he is playing really solid hockey.He would certainly fit in top 4 here along side McAvoy.Anyhow probably long shot but just a thought.

goldnblack

Jun 24, 2020
You mean the injuries that occurred in Chicago this season??

Sweeney dumped him for peanuts to open up cap to sign Bertuzzi. Could’ve moved out Gryzleck and not signed one of the many 1million dollar options.

Far as I know it was the same troubled leg. I think we dodged one there.

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
I may be wrong but it seems to me that the Bruins play better when games are closer together.
I'm no pro athlete; only a weekend warrior (jump rope). But that in addition to being a musician, I understand human rhythms - circadian and otherwise.

Most athletes I've encountered are creatures of habit. When they get in their personal rhythm, they perform at their peak. Not making excuses for them, but I doubt any of the players would choose to have three games in four nights with travel, then three days off.

Both their recovery times and preparation times are compromised.

While disappointed, I wasn't surprised the B's sleep-walked through the first period and really never found their rhythm. Again, not an excuse and they are paid handsomely. They are at the mercy of arena availability, TV networks, etc.

Just look at the awful hand the Ottawa Senators have been dealt as far as scheduling.

I'm sorry they didn't put on a better show for your birthday. If it makes you feel better, mine is in April and years back they celebrated mine by getting eliminated. ;)

Ladyfan

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I'm no pro athlete; only a weekend warrior (jump rope). But that in addition to being a musician, I understand human rhythms -

I'm sorry they didn't put on a better show for your birthday. If it makes you feel better, mine is in April and years back they celebrated mine by getting eliminated. ;)
When you are my age birthdays aren't a big deal. I still wished they had won.

What do you do as a musician? What instrument/s do you play?

Reactions: Aeroforce

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
When you are my age birthdays aren't a big deal. I still wished they had won.

What do you do as a musician? What instrument/s do you play?
I'll be 56 next year, and I've already stopped counting. ;)

My main instrument is guitar. Out of necessity I also play related instruments - bass, mandolin, ukulele.

My training is in classical guitar, and for years I've done weddings, worship services, etc. I also transcribe music, either in standard notation or guitar tablature.

I had an office I used for lessons, but now work online. I had the office for 27 years (my entire adult life), and moved out last year. The owner of the building passed away, new owners took over, and there were things beyond my control.

I'm an emotional type, and the move was somewhat sudden. I handled it the best I could, but it definitely threw me for a loop; I got really depressed, and such.

But the B's and this board provided a great respite! ;)

Ladyfan

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I'll be 56 next year, and I've already stopped counting. ;)

My main instrument is guitar. Out of necessity I also play related instruments - bass, mandolin, ukulele.

My training is in classical guitar, and for years I've done weddings, worship services, etc. I also transcribe music, either in standard notation or guitar tablature.

I had an office I used for lessons, but now work online. I had the office for 27 years (my entire adult life), and moved out last year. The owner of the building passed away, new owners took over, and there were things beyond my control.

I'm an emotional type, and the move was somewhat sudden. I handled it the best I could, but it definitely threw me for a loop; I got really depressed, and such.

But the B's and this board provided a great respite! ;)
Many here are emotional types.

My Mom played piano and organ. She played at a church in Boxborough MA for 46 years.

I remember she played an old pipe organ .

Some of the pipes would stick. The church decided to purchase a new electric organ. She was in her seventies and was going to retire but stayed and did very well with the new organ.

She retired at 80. She always threatened to play Somewhere Over the Rainbow her last Sunday...she did and it was beautiful . I wish someone had recorded it.

The choir sang it at her memorial service. It killed me.

I love music.

I bet you are very good.

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
Reactions: The National

nORRis8

The NHL, the stupidest League ever.
Sep 16, 2015
RedDeer, Alberta
He's being paid the big BUCKS to be a sniper, which he does very well. The rest of his game is forgiven.

So true
One thing though...when he does cough it up at least there's an effort to get it back or to backcheck.
Matthews the Leafs highest paid player gives up the puck you'll never see a lazier effort to come back and pick up his man.
He just coasts.
I'll take Pasta anyday and save a few million😁

Reactions: Ladyfan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad