Post-Game Talk: GAME 25 - BAH HUMBUG - A Bruins no show - Buffalo 3 BRUINS 1 F

lopey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2009
Frozen Tundra Northern Ontario
Debrusk for Hanifin give or take. Done watching his streaky play. Will score two goals coming up and all is forgot until his next dry spell. Rinse and repeat. No way I want him being paid 5.5+ a year. If this is how his effort is in a contract year wait until he gets a good payday with term.
Sweeney been trying to get Hanifin since the 2015 draft. Might be good fit for both

Reactions: Gordoff and Alicat

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Not gonna do well if your non-Lindholm LD are going to perform like that.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-12-08 at 1.40.31 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-12-08 at 1.40.31 PM.png
    63.4 KB · Views: 3

quietbruinfan

Salt and light
Feb 2, 2022
Land of Nod in the East of Eden
Debrusk for Hanifin give or take. Done watching his streaky play. Will score two goals coming up and all is forgot until his next dry spell. Rinse and repeat. No way I want him being paid 5.5+ a year. If this is how his effort is in a contract year wait until he gets a good payday with term.
Absolutely right. Except we are going to have to add for Hanifin and Sweeney has left us absolutely nothing to add. Edit: I could see Grz and JDB for Hanifin and a third. We definitely lose the trade on value, but I could definitely see it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gordoff

JerseyBruin

May 29, 2019
Ah that time of the year. Bruins lose the Hanifan infauation resurfaces. The dump Freddy, JDB and Gryz themes pop up again. The pining for tough goon hockey which the NHL basically outlaws today. Its a long grind of a season, Relax ....

• Haha

lopey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2009
Frozen Tundra Northern Ontario
Ah that time of the year. Bruins lose the Hanifan infauation resurfaces. The dump Freddy, JDB and Gryz themes pop up again. The pining for tough goon hockey which the NHL basically outlaws today. Its a long grind of a season, Relax ....
Jakes bern below average all year. Its time he moved on. Its contract year and i dont want the Bruins overpaying for him.

JerseyBruin

May 29, 2019
Jakes bern below average all year. Its time he moved on. Its contract year and i dont want the Bruins overpaying for him.
I agree Jake hasn't been great but what are you getting in FA for his AAV $$.

JerseyBruin

May 29, 2019
You would have to pay more but it be worth it for someone who can score consistently and who is not streaky. I say Jake is overpaid now for what he is bringing to the table. 4 goals. He is more a checker. Dime a dozen
But take a look at what 4M buys you in FA , your not getting a consistent goal scorer at that price point. If you bump the price up by a few million you can possibly get a goal scoring wing but what other holes are neglected by those cap dollars. If Providence was loaded with prospects you could plug in to fill the void sure, but there's not a lot there breaking down the door.

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Some would say McAvoy. You wouldn't, but others disagree with you. Allow them that luxury, not everyone has your biases.

McAvoy injured himself. Was on top of Peterka sooner than he anticipated and got his positioning wrong. You can't blame the other guy for a 'high' hit when you've skated your own head into his shoulder. Sucks for Charlie, but mistakes happen.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
McAvoy injured himself. Was on top of Peterka sooner than he anticipated and got his positioning wrong. You can't blame the other guy for a 'high' hit when you've skated your own head into his shoulder. Sucks for Charlie, but mistakes happen.

Others disagree. Myself, I have no way of knowing intent, but I saw a raised elbow and a shift up that could be a reverse hit. Others. including commentators, saw the same thing, so it's not all black and white. Which is why I asked the forum contrarian to allow others the luxury of their opinion, as I give you and him.

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
Others disagree. Myself, I have no way of knowing intent, but I saw a raised elbow and a shift up that could be a reverse hit. Others. including commentators, saw the same thing, so it's not all black and white. Which is why I asked the forum contrarian to allow others the luxury of their opinion, as I give you and him.
Yeah different opinions at how to look at it ,but it definitely wasn’t a blatant elbow to the head,would be impossible to put any kind of suspension against him.

Reactions: lopey and Ladyfan

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
You mean the injuries that occurred in Chicago this season??

Sweeney dumped him for peanuts to open up cap to sign Bertuzzi. Could’ve moved out Gryzleck and not signed one of the many 1million dollar options.
yeah. people forget about that thanks to our good start.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad