Post-Game Talk: GAME 25 - BAH HUMBUG - A Bruins no show - Buffalo 3 BRUINS 1 F

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
There is a settling for less, a deadness to this particular team that is really bothering me, and which I have not seen since before Julien arrived.
I think early in the season it was there too. Just masked by some nights they coasted across the finish line. They hardly leave the starting blocks some nights. I’m fine with losing but at least do it with some dignity.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Its not concerning when they lose to a bad team. But it is concerning when they are outplayed start to finish by a bad team.

Bruins didn't even score, Sabres players scored all the goals.

Debrusk having another "one of those" seasons. The 30 goal scorer who never scores 30.

Bruins credited with 23 hits. 14 of them from Lauko, Beecher, Steen and Frederic. Players with the least ice time. Lindholm the only defenseman credited with a hit.

Plus/minus leaders:

Carlo +13
Forbort +9
Heinen +7
Pasta +7

Plus/minus followers:

Lauko -5
Lohrei -4
McAvoy -4
Beecher -3

yazmybaby

Sep 13, 2015
Brampton ON, Canada
They're 5-5 in their last 10 games, and that's been with some very good goaltendingi in most of them. This could be more like what they really are this year?Now with some injuries. I'm very grateful for the good start.
We need to add another forward that can score.
JDB is providing very little offense so far this year with 4 goals. I expected more from him.
Marchand and Pasta cannot carry this team, need help.
I would package JDB and someone else to get a better forward.
Shane Pinto will be able to play in another 20 games, I would circle back with Ottawa and try to get him. His presence allows us to move Zacha to the wing.
Ethan Bear is apparently ready to play now, would only cost the minimum contract to sign him for a year. If we move a dee with JDB, I would sign him, would be okay as a 6/7th defenceman.

Reactions: Gordoff

goldnblack

Jun 24, 2020
lol.
JVR on line #2.
guy should be scratched.
that 2nd line sucks. coyle is not a 2nd liner. Id rather potrais there with debrusk and steen
coyle heinen freddy should be 3rd line.
louko should not be scratched.

He's 37th in points for his position. What is he then if not a second liner?

He's got 2 less points than Aho, Tavares, Bedard, Hintz

one less than Malkin, Suzuki

The same amount as Zibanejad

I dunno, your argument seems weak

He's not just a second liner, he's a pretty high end one, production wise. And in the guys I named, how many kill penalties, are good in the dot, and play a 200 foot game? He's awful close to jumping from high end second liner to low end first liner, frankly...

TobanWest

Jan 28, 2020
I think Sweeney needs to move Debrusk now. Can’t sign him with these numbers. Not sure what he can get for him though.
Debrusk for Hanifin give or take. Done watching his streaky play. Will score two goals coming up and all is forgot until his next dry spell. Rinse and repeat. No way I want him being paid 5.5+ a year. If this is how his effort is in a contract year wait until he gets a good payday with term.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad