GDT: Game 25 - 12/2/2022 - New York Rangers vs Ottawa Senators - 7pm EST, MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clark Kellogg

NYU Film Student
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2013
Vermont, USA
I know people are not going to like this but if Drury fires Gallant I would like him to bring in Messier on the same deal Marty St. Louis had last year with Montreal. 1 year deal to see if it’s a good fit. If we tank, oh well, ready to write this season off anyway.
2023 is supposed to be a strong draft class.
Winners win and Mark Messier is a winner.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
How did Florida miss him? They were 51-18-6 with an interim assistant coach thrust into the role after 7 game who had zero career head coaching experience. His last two years in Chicago were bad and now they just have a horrible roster.
They had an outstanding record when he left and how did they do in the playoffs. The guy is a good coach and a winner. Coaching matters.

Belmar Bandit

Nov 28, 2022
Holy shit they really are one of the worst teams in the league this year....how many awful losses like this will they have? And they let that ugly f*** face score twice? PATHETIC!
One of the worst teams in the league? Oh please, save the theatrics

mandiblesofdoom

May 24, 2012
I disagree. The first two periods were ok. They tried to play with tempo and faster puck movement, but the 2nd line especially was an adventure the entire night, good going forward but had barely any defense at the other end.

We now have a mixture of Quinn pond hockey to go with a large dollop of dreary Gallant hockey. What a joy.
First two periods were not OK imo. I thought they were outplayed by a wide margin. Beginning of the third was better.

hackeyman

Jun 26, 2018
I just love all the whining posts about how the kids don't get any chances ? What about all the chances they have to score in open nets and whiff on them or shoot the puck wide of the net ??? That's not on anybody but them. Not to mention the time they do get pp they almost always turn the puck over immediately. Tonight they controlled it once for the only time i can remember all year. AND seriously do people really think that Ottawa giving Tim Stuzle PP time and signing him to 8,350,000. is going to change their organization from the perennial losers they are ? Really ??? That has to be one of the stupidiest management decisions in the NHL. Stuzle sucks.

Reactions: quietbruinfan

Belmar Bandit

Nov 28, 2022
I just love all the whining posts about how the kids don't get any chances ? What about all the chances they have to score in open nets and whiff on them or shoot the puck wide of the net ??? That's not on anybody but them. Not to mention the time they do get pp they almost always turn the puck over immediately. Tonight they controlled it once for the only time i can remember all year. AND seriously do people really think that Ottawa giving Tim Stuzle PP time and signing him to 8,350,000. is going to change their organization from the perennial losers they are ? Really ??? That has to be one of the stupidiest management decisions in the NHL. Stuzle sucks.
Stuetzle is a hell of a lot better than Kakko or Lafreniere. Youve lost your damn mind

CLW

Nov 11, 2018
Stuetzle is a hell of a lot better than Kakko or Lafreniere. Youve lost your damn mind
Stützle has been developed. He's getting time on PP1 and is trusted to make his own decisions anvd trust his own instincts.

The Rangers want dependable 3rd liners that wait their turn for stardom until the current set of stars have played out their contracts. The Ranger are a bust factory that go back for second dips once their talent has matured elsewhere.

hackeyman

Jun 26, 2018
Stützle has been developed. He's getting time on PP1 and is trusted to make his own decisions anvd trust his own instincts.

The Rangers want dependable 3rd liners that wait their turn for stardom until the current set of stars have played out their contracts. The Ranger are a bust factory that go back for second dips once their talent has matured elsewhere.
Yes the Senators are one of the greatest NHL franchises of all f***ing time !!!!!

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley

To be fair Stutzle got drafted by a bad team so the PP opportunity was there for him from the beginning. The Rangers have had a top PP for years with elite offensive talent on it. I understand why the kids don't get much PP time.

hackeyman

Jun 26, 2018
Has anyone played worse since becoming captain? I remember Leetch not being himself but good god Trouba is costing us games on a nightly basis
I loved Trouba last year. Something is off.Is it physical as speculated or mental . Maybe the team has put too much pressure on themselves after last year and Trouba is carrying the weight of it. They are playing too tight.....gripping the stick too hard. I love it the Trouba fought tonight. I hope whatever is troubling him passes soon.

Reactions: Slaydagnar
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad