GDT: Game 25 - 12/2/2022 - New York Rangers vs Ottawa Senators - 7pm EST, MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
I don’t know, I mean he resigned last year with his team leading the year.
Could have been blowback from his Chicago days and the poor kid and the trauma he suffered?
I’m sure the league would have to sign off and to we really want that cloud over this team?
Yes.

TheGortonConspiracy

Wow its a nice GM
May 2, 2017
NYC
Trouba gets beat up by Tkachuk.

Turns the puck over leading to Tkachuk’s last minute gsme tying goal.

Tkachuk scores the OT winning goal for his second of the night, both post fight. Fight that was initiated by Trouba.

Our captain got completely embarrassed by theirs.

Schneider is BETTER than Trouba right now, he was playing better tonight. Why did Gallant go back to Miller-Trouba late and WHY THE f*** is Trouba playing in OT? Wtf. Seriously.
Not the first time GG has f***ed up OT lines this season. It really isn't a meritocracy out there. Same reason Trouba is on the PP2

gravey9

Dec 29, 2008
What you describe is a coaching issue, not a mid-pairing D-Man
Well, I've already talked ad-nauseum about the coaching issues and structural issues. But the confidence aspect is only partially a coaches thing. It's mostly a players thing. They have to find their "swagger" and their "jam."

CLW

Nov 11, 2018
People have their whipping boys but the effort wasnt there from top to bottom, Shesterkin was the only guy who showed up tonight, the team should be embarrassed
I disagree. The first two periods were ok. They tried to play with tempo and faster puck movement, but the 2nd line especially was an adventure the entire night, good going forward but had barely any defense at the other end.

We now have a mixture of Quinn pond hockey to go with a large dollop of dreary Gallant hockey. What a joy.

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
Well he had the 2nd highest xG% of any forward on the team in the game so in the middle of a game they are trying to win is the coach supposed to give ice time the guys who are going, the best players on the team, or the guys whose whole standing is "former first round pick."?

If it's Vesey and xG% vs. former first round picks then I'll go with former first round picks in the long run over an extended sample size every. single. time.

This instant gratification logic of using xG% over the course of one game to justify playing Jimmy Vesey obscene minutes is what is going to result in all three of Kakko, LaFreniere, and Kravtsov amounting to jack ****.

Reactions: CLW

Rangers in 7

Dec 17, 2015
Long Island
I want to bash laf and Kakko I really do and they deserve it. But who’s playing well? Really? Which skilled forward is having a good season? None of them. Chytil maybe? Mika has been okay at best. Trocheck is basically performing at what he normally does I guess but 9 posts?

The rest of them all have been awful. It’s collective. I don’t know if they’re playoff hungover or what but none of them look confident. None of them can make any plays.

Laf had what 20 even strength goals last year as a 20 year old? He should be pumping right now.

Kakko started the year looking like an animal. He’s in hibernation.
I missed the game tonight, and you know I’ve defended them from the start. So in that sense it’s nice to see others see what I’ve been seeing

This team as a whole from top to bottom looks like shit. Our three highest paid forwards look like shit night after night. People want to bash the two 21 year olds but won’t say shit about panarin, zibs and kreider

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
TBH bad teams lose these games and they have been doing it all year. All they had to do was clear the puck with under a minute left - Nope. Just don't allow a goal from in the last minute - Nope. Ok, lets score on this breakaway in OT - Nope. Ok, less than 25 seconds left with the puck in the Ozone, just can't turn the puck over - Nope. Ok Igor, lets make a save on a breakaway that Talbot did a few minutes earlier - Nope.

mrmovies779

The Greatest Teacher,Failure is.
Feb 5, 2013
Igor deserved better...rest of the team,especially Trouba and Bread-need to wake the f*** up

Brutananadilewski

Nov 6, 2021
Wherever the keg is!
It’s roster that needs to change. We need a Avery type on this team. Some spark. I hope they trade for a guy like Domi or Barbashev. Some nasty on this team would be nice. Change the culture of this mentally soft group

I think you start with a new coach. See if he can right the ship. If certain players are still playing like shit, then trade, buyout, do whatever needs to be done to be rid of them.

If Kak and Laf are still stinking up the joint, get rid of them by the trade deadline.

Trouba, count your losses and just buy him out next season if he doesn't want to be moved.

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
Not the first time GG has f***ed up OT lines this season. It really isn't a meritocracy out there. Same reason Trouba is on the PP2

He screwed it up in the first place when he didn't start Trocheck in OT considering that is a time when possession is extremely important and faceoffs actually do matter and Trocheck has won 56% of them.

Clark Kellogg

NYU Film Student
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2013
Vermont, USA
Trouba is a train wreck. He needs to sit until healthy. Bring up Welinski. Miller needs press box time. He looks so lost out there. If the puck isn’t right in his zone of influence he just stands alone 15 feet in front of Shesterkin watching the play. Start Hajek an Jones behind Lindgren on LD. Blais needs 14 days in Hartford.

hackeyman

Jun 26, 2018
Well he had the 2nd highest xG% of any forward on the team in the game so in the middle of a game they are trying to win is the coach supposed to give ice time the guys who are going, the best players on the team, or the guys whose whole standing is "former first round pick."?
Please don't confuse them with facts.

Reactions: ReddestRum

theFiGS

Oct 13, 2013
If I go by my emotions, Lindgren would be my choice
Lindgren is the lay it all on the line type of guy that’s why and I’m good with that but I wouldn’t want that type of pressure on him. I don’t think people would be killing Trouba right now as much as they are if he wasn’t the C

I'm guessing you mean shifty skater not best .
Trust me I don’t mean his skating ability lol I mean talent wise since it would be between him zib panarin and shesty

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Lindgren is the lay it all on the line type of guy that’s why and I’m good with that but I wouldn’t want that type of pressure on him. I don’t think people would be killing Trouba right now as much as they are if he wasn’t the C
I can't speak for all Ranger fans but honestly I think it has to do more with (99 percent) the fact he makes almost 9 million dollars and has probably been our worst dman this year.

Reactions: mandiblesofdoom

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
I'll also say this - watching Kravtsov tonight in very limited minutes makes me even more upset with Gallant for not immediately putting him back in the lineup when Kravtsov was healthy.

On a team where Panarin and Fox are the only two players who can consistently complete passes beyond the distance of ten feet, how does our coaching staff decide they don't need a forward like Kravtsov who can at least also complete passes further than ten feet?

Decisions like that make it obvious this staff really does not place a lot of value in offensive ability.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad