GDT: GAME 24 | Senators @ Blues | Kasty Goes West | Thu Dec 14 2023, 8PM | TSN5, RDS

bashbros32

Jan 12, 2014
Brockville, Ontario
Maybe it’s a master plan to recoup 1st round picks when we flip everyone we can at the deadline ?

Except you have to have players teams actually want for the plan to work.

I mean, at least Terasenko will net a first. But now looking at CF he has a NTC...

You'd have to pay to trade Kubalik at this point.

Sting

Feb 8, 2004
Maybe it’s a master plan to recoup 1st round picks when we flip everyone we can at the deadline ?

Except you have to have players teams actually want for the plan to work.
I'd let go of Tarasenko, Giroux and Chychrun this year. I know the latter two aren't happening, but in terms of the long term success of the club, no reason to have them around. Especially since Chych looks like a 3rd pairing D right now.

Reactions: DrEasy

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
I'd let go of Tarasenko, Giroux and Chychrun this year. I know the latter two aren't happening, but in terms of the long term success of the club, no reason to have them around. Especially since Chych looks like a 3rd pairing D right now.

Feel like it's gotta be one of the core players now too.

They are toxic together. Not in terms of vibes though, the vibes are good.

Just toxic to a winning culture.

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
Blues fan here, but Ottawa is one of my favorite Eastern teams currently.

Really hope you guys get rid of DJ soon. I’d actually love to see what Berube could do with your roster. I think it’s a perfect fit.
I thought I heard some boos when I think Kyrou touched the puck? Is there a beef going on between him and the fans?

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
I thought I heard some boos when I think Kyrou touched the puck? Is there a beef going on between him and the fans?
Yeah he’s the whipping for a large portion of our fanbase. And when he was asked about Berube this morning he said “no comment”. I don’t think the two had the best relationship but that quote apparently set our fanbase off. I personally think it’s dumb to boo him, but that’s just my opinion.

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa
The last Blues goal is a microcosm of the Ottawa Senators season. I honestly don't know how fans continue to pay to go to games in the midst of one of the most pathetic seasons I've ever seen us have. I just don't know what needs to happen for things to get better when there's so many goddamn problems.

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
Yeah he’s the whipping for a large portion of our fanbase. And when he was asked about Berube this morning he said “no comment”. I don’t think the two had the best relationship but that quote apparently set our fanbase off. I personally think it’s dumb to boo him, but that’s just my opinion.
Okay so I wasn't hearing things. Thanks for the clarification.

Cheers

Mookie McGee

Mar 4, 2020
3 of 6 defensemen who can just hold their own out there, 2 of which are not physically strong, no offensive pizzaz - Brann, JBD, Hamonic.

Added to several young forwards who are often below average defensively, and sometimes on effort - Stu, Bath, Norris....

A toxic enough mix when you aren't buckling down to keep the score low - often down by 2 or more by the end of the 2nd. Seems like a formula to win half your games or less,

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
The last Blues goal is a microcosm of the Ottawa Senators season. I honestly don't know how fans continue to pay to go to games in the midst of one of the most pathetic seasons I've ever seen us have. I just don't know what needs to happen for things to get better when there's so many goddamn problems.

I hear ya. I mean if only there was one person in charge of the team's play on the ice who could be held responsible, and replaced. But that's just a fairytale.

Sadly we must continue on in our fated condition of being losers with no recourse for improvement.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad