Post-Game Talk: Game 24 - OLE OLE OLE OLE OLE OLE OLE OLE - BRUINS 8 Poutineville 1 F

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs
Indeed, listening to him right now as well. Knuckles on at noon with Habs Lunch, can't wait.

TSN Montreal

Chris-Nilan.jpg
Chickenshit took the day off

Reactions: Spooner st and BMC

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
Canadiens Game Day: The Embarrassment, Part 2

With just over six minutes left in the third period Tuesday night at the Bell Centre, a fan wearing a Canadiens sweater with Lafleur and No. 10 on the back was spotted leaving the lower-level stands.

It was a fitting image on this night.

That fan will be happy he didn’t have to watch the Bruins score the final goal in an 8-1 romp over the Canadiens.

If Montreal fans thought it couldn’t get worse after the Canadiens blew 4-0 and 5-3 leads in Saturday night’s 6-5 loss to the New York Rangers at the Bell Centre, think again.

This was The Embarrassment, Part 2.

Something is very wrong with this Canadiens team, which is now winless in its last five games (0-3-2) and looks like it might have quit on coach Claude Julien.

I like Claude, but it seemed like a major mistake on his part to take a new job just a week after he was fired. I'm sure it's hard to say no to an offer like that, but I always feel that fired coaches need to take time off to reflect on what went wrong. His preferred style of play doesn't mesh well with the new NHL, and he should have spent time figuring out how to change it. I don't know what the official track record is for head coaches who immediately take a new job after getting fired, but it can't possibly be good.

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
I like Claude, but it seemed like a major mistake on his part to take a new job just a week after he was fired. I'm sure it's hard to say no to an offer like that, but I always feel that fired coaches need to take time off to reflect on what went wrong. His preferred style of play doesn't mesh well with the new NHL, and he should have spent time figuring out how to change it. I don't know what the official track record is for head coaches who immediately take a new job after getting fired, but it can't possibly be good.
A man's gotta eat!
claudekfc.png

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA

If he had any self-doubt it was erased when somebody waved $25 million dollars at him a week later.

Reactions: rfournier103

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
Thanks. My eyes don't sting as much so that is progress.

I just started an antibiotic yesterday so I hope to improve soon.

I think I will go on over the Habs board to read through their GDT :naughty:
I was sick a bit last week, but not that bad, you sound really hit hard by that bug. I know being at work people show up sick and spread their germs, hope you can get back on your feet again soon the B's need you at the games. Yes go look on the Habs board, that should be good for a few laughs.

Reactions: Ladyfan

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
I am 1 1/2 hours into Sportsnet Hockey Central and still waiting for them to stop talking about the Leafs
It's the Leafs market, TSN 680 was the place to Listen after last night humiliating loss to the Bruins. It was glorious listening to it most of the day.

Reactions: Zillah

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
Hope you didn't think I was suggesting that, last name of Fournier how could you not know the history ! Have some Fournier's in the family in the metropolis of Rumford ME. Are you from there? Or are you the infamous Referee Ron? Anyway I see other posts here, not yours implying the rivalry diminished. Not ever in my lifetime, nor yours Mon Ami !

LOL! I took no offense at your post! My semi-rant was more of a declaration into the wind kind of thing!

To my knowledge, I am not related to the Fourniers of Rumford, ME, and I am CERTAINLY not the infamous Ron Fournier. When I first joined the forum, I got a ton of messages asking if I was related to him, and a couple asking if I WAS him!!! I wish I had them saved! Some of the messages I’ve gotten from Canadiens fans over the years are pretty funny.

My father’s father was from Bonaventure, Quebec. He settled in Boston sometime in the 1910s, and was a hard core Bruins fan pretty much from the founding of the team till the day he died. He detested the Canadiens with an almost unhealthy passion, and dad was none too fond of them, either.

To me, there is no better rivalry in sports.

Reactions: BMC

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad