Post-Game Talk: Game 24 - OLE OLE OLE OLE OLE OLE OLE OLE - BRUINS 8 Poutineville 1 F

b in vancouver

Jul 28, 2005
You’ll never hear me downplay the rivalry - Ever - and I know the history better than a man my age should. This rivalry is in my blood and there is no team in any sport anywhere that I hate more.

That torch burns brightly within me, I assure you.

Hate Toronto fans and the media trying to piggy-back on the rivalry. NO! It's ours (and Habs fans). Leafs are like the kid begging his older brothers to let him play with them. 'Fine. Sure.', and toss him the ball every once in awhile, but they know where the real competition is.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
as for the Habs, firing Claude would be a mistake IMO. He's not without his faults, but he's far from the problem there. Many felt like Bergevin should have been fired before they fired their last coach. If that guy somehow survives another coaching change then you can forget about that franchise for the next decade. I feel like Claude has gotten more out of a really shallow, mediocre roster than most would have.

I mean who is even their number 1 center? Their leading scorer is Tomas freaking Tatar. Claude can't work miracles.

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
as for the Habs, firing Claude would be a mistake IMO. He's not without his faults, but he's far from the problem there. Many felt like Bergevin should have been fired before they fired their last coach. If that guy somehow survives another coaching change then you can forget about that franchise for the next decade. I feel like Claude has gotten more out of a really shallow, mediocre roster than most would have.

I mean who is even their number 1 center? Their leading scorer is Tomas freaking Tatar. Claude can't work miracles.
I want them to fire Julien, then have Julien coaching Seattle. Best place for Julien. Habs doesn't deserve him, let them fire him.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
With expectations falling short in Montreal, questions about...

There are losses, and then there are indelible images left by losses. Things that stick with you for much longer than that particular loss, as humiliating as it might have been.

It is difficult not to wonder what Marc Bergevin might have been thinking looking around the lower bowl of the Bell Centre with roughly five minutes left in the game on Tuesday night and seeing more Boston Bruins jerseys in the stands than Canadiens jerseys. What might Geoff Molson have been thinking, for that matter?

It is a rare sight, to be sure, with most of the high-rent district of the Bell Centre vacated in garbage time of an utter blowout, leaving a not insignificant number of Bruins fans to watch their team put the finishing touches on a pounding of the Canadiens in peace.
Not all blowout losses take on more significance because of the embarrassment involved, but some do, and whether a particular lopsided loss falls into that category largely depends on the context.

The context for the Canadiens on Tuesday was a heightened sense of urgency coming off another embarrassing loss on home ice on Saturday to the New York Rangers, blowing a four-goal lead and playing their sloppiest game of the season. That game on Saturday was identified by Claude Julien as being vitally important to stop the bleeding. So the importance of Tuesday’s game was obvious.

Rows and rows of empty seats vacated long before the end of the game, with Bruins fans left to cheer their team as they celebrated on the ice and barely anyone left who cared enough to boo the Canadiens as they raced off it following an 8-1 shellacking.

That’s the image.

Bruind-fan-cheering.jpg

A penny for your thoughts, Berg.

RustyBruins72

Jul 29, 2005

I completely agree. Any other coach wouldn't get as much out of them as CJ. I think MB should be fired first and CJ stay to stem the tide. But I don't think it'll happen. I'm convinced MB has pictures of powerful people in bad spots. LOL.

Krupp

Apr 6, 2012
I feel bad for Claude in that I will always be thankful for him doing a good job in 2011. I hate seeing him with those frenchies up north. I also kinda feel bad for Shea Weber; he's a great player; he's too good to be stuck in Montreal wasting his days away without a chance at the cup

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
Is there a more complete team in the league right now? Seems like Boston always has an open player, they are never out worked on the back check. There is not a deadlier team in the first or last minute of a period.I don't see a weakness, is there one?

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Jack mentioned it at the end that it was not the worst loss the Habs endured at the hands of the B's in Montreal. I recall it well, Jan. 1974 B's pasted Les Habitants 8-0. The Professor Ross Brooks thru the shutout against Michelle Plasse. Dryden was on his Law School sabbatical and no one was sure if he would choose the courtroom or the crease.He of course chose the latter and the Habs would rise from the ashes and that January night faded in our dreams. Habs went on their four Cup run and it would be another decade before the chains would be laid down. Never ever forget your Habs history. If you say the rivalry is not the same anymore I say remember what it used to be.
I remember that too. IIRC, The game wasn't on tv because the broadcasting crew was on strike. We listened to it in our basement on the radio IIRC. It was bittersweet, 8-0 and couldn't see it. BTW check your 1/1 messages Aguineapig...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad