Post-Game Talk: Game 24 - OLE OLE OLE OLE OLE OLE OLE OLE - BRUINS 8 Poutineville 1 F

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
If he saves his best games for the Habs , Leafs and playoffs I am cool with that. :)
true but last night was literally the first game where it appeared he was focused and playing with that extra gear. I was concerned as literally the first time he touched the puck he hung onto it far too long pushing his line mates offside and I thought "here we go again", thankfully that didn`t continue

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
With expectations falling short in Montreal, questions about...

There are losses, and then there are indelible images left by losses. Things that stick with you for much longer than that particular loss, as humiliating as it might have been.

It is difficult not to wonder what Marc Bergevin might have been thinking looking around the lower bowl of the Bell Centre with roughly five minutes left in the game on Tuesday night and seeing more Boston Bruins jerseys in the stands than Canadiens jerseys. What might Geoff Molson have been thinking, for that matter?

It is a rare sight, to be sure, with most of the high-rent district of the Bell Centre vacated in garbage time of an utter blowout, leaving a not insignificant number of Bruins fans to watch their team put the finishing touches on a pounding of the Canadiens in peace.
Not all blowout losses take on more significance because of the embarrassment involved, but some do, and whether a particular lopsided loss falls into that category largely depends on the context.

The context for the Canadiens on Tuesday was a heightened sense of urgency coming off another embarrassing loss on home ice on Saturday to the New York Rangers, blowing a four-goal lead and playing their sloppiest game of the season. That game on Saturday was identified by Claude Julien as being vitally important to stop the bleeding. So the importance of Tuesday’s game was obvious.

Rows and rows of empty seats vacated long before the end of the game, with Bruins fans left to cheer their team as they celebrated on the ice and barely anyone left who cared enough to boo the Canadiens as they raced off it following an 8-1 shellacking.

That’s the image.

Bruind-fan-cheering.jpg

A penny for your thoughts, Berg.
There is nothing in the world more attractive than a beautiful girl wearing a Bruins jersey. :)

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
I watched the game from bed. It was so good. I wish I felt better. I couldn't even yell WHOOOOOOOOOOO as I have no voice.

I love this team.
I know your are sick right now, but that beat down the B's put on the Habs had to make you feel just a bit better. :) Hope you feel better soon, it sucks being sick.

Reactions: lopey and Strafer

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
There is nothing in the world more attractive than a beautiful :)girl wearing a Bruins jersey.

what about a Bruin nighty?:naughty:

Ok yeah that works too LOL

I watched the game from bed. It was so good. I wish I felt better. I couldn't even yell WHOOOOOOOOOOO as I have no voice.

I love this team.

In a Bruins nighty??:naughty:
You've been sick for a while IIRC you've been saying... Hope that you feel much better for
Thanksgiving!

Olden McGroin

Aug 1, 2009
With expectations falling short in Montreal, questions about...

There are losses, and then there are indelible images left by losses. Things that stick with you for much longer than that particular loss, as humiliating as it might have been.

It is difficult not to wonder what Marc Bergevin might have been thinking looking around the lower bowl of the Bell Centre with roughly five minutes left in the game on Tuesday night and seeing more Boston Bruins jerseys in the stands than Canadiens jerseys. What might Geoff Molson have been thinking, for that matter?

It is a rare sight, to be sure, with most of the high-rent district of the Bell Centre vacated in garbage time of an utter blowout, leaving a not insignificant number of Bruins fans to watch their team put the finishing touches on a pounding of the Canadiens in peace.
Not all blowout losses take on more significance because of the embarrassment involved, but some do, and whether a particular lopsided loss falls into that category largely depends on the context.

The context for the Canadiens on Tuesday was a heightened sense of urgency coming off another embarrassing loss on home ice on Saturday to the New York Rangers, blowing a four-goal lead and playing their sloppiest game of the season. That game on Saturday was identified by Claude Julien as being vitally important to stop the bleeding. So the importance of Tuesday’s game was obvious.

Rows and rows of empty seats vacated long before the end of the game, with Bruins fans left to cheer their team as they celebrated on the ice and barely anyone left who cared enough to boo the Canadiens as they raced off it following an 8-1 shellacking.

That’s the image.

Bruind-fan-cheering.jpg

A penny for your thoughts, Berg.

Notice the number on the glass and stanchion is 37

Reactions: BMC

aguineapig

You’ll never hear me downplay the rivalry - Ever - and I know the history better than a man my age should. This rivalry is in my blood and there is no team in any sport anywhere that I hate more.

That torch burns brightly within me, I assure you.
Hope you didn't think I was suggesting that, last name of Fournier how could you not know the history ! Have some Fournier's in the family in the metropolis of Rumford ME. Are you from there? Or are you the infamous Referee Ron? Anyway I see other posts here, not yours implying the rivalry diminished. Not ever in my lifetime, nor yours Mon Ami !

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I know your are sick right now, but that beat down the B's put on the Habs had to make you feel just a bit better. :) Hope you feel better soon, it sucks being sick.
Thanks. My eyes don't sting as much so that is progress.

I just started an antibiotic yesterday so I hope to improve soon.

I think I will go on over the Habs board to read through their GDT :naughty:

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
Hope you didn't think I was suggesting that, last name of Fournier how could you not know the history ! Have some Fournier's in the family in the metropolis of Rumford ME. Are you from there? Or are you the infamous Referee Ron? Anyway I see other posts here, not yours implying the rivalry diminished. Not ever in my lifetime, nor yours Mon Ami !
Definitely not the referee Ron that sold his soul to the Habs.

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
Humiliating the Habs at home doesn't happen often but when it does :vhappy::vhappy::vhappy:

Habs fans were encouraged by the team's start and it looked probable that the dream of making the playoffs was attainable. Now they face the reality that Tampa Bay is now awake and Toronto is addressing their issues.

I heard more than one person ask last night 'Does Babcock speak French?'
Oh??? They think Mike Babcock can help them? The Canadiens are in full-on dumpster fire mode! They’re going to need a lot more than a new coach to cure that squad. That’s for sure.

And speaking of Mike Babcock... any Canadiens fan that wants him as their next coach should be ashamed of himself. Since when does any self-respecting Habs fan want ANYTHING from the Maple Leafs’ trash pile??? WTF is this league coming to? And why Babcock? So he can coach the Canadiens to a first round crap out? They certainly don’t need him for that. I’m almost embarrassed for them.

I’m quite content to see the Bruins beat the bag out of the Canadiens, but coveting Mike Babcock to fill their eventual head-coaching vacancy is pathetic.

Claude Julien lands in Ottawa.

Reactions: BMC

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad