GDT: Game #24: Coyotes @ Blue Jackets (Part Deux) 5pm(AZ time) - FSA

Plub

Part time Leaf fan
Jan 9, 2011
Arizona
OEL fell apart in the third. Vrbata was a turnover machine all game. Domi was meh. Dvo is strong when hitting and getting hit, weak in puck battles. Doan was horrible and hurts our team every shift. Gogo was a turnover machine. Fourth line was solid. Perlini was solid. Mcginn was meh. Nook was solid. Rieder was solid.

We just fell apart in the 3rd.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Probably the worst game I've seen from Marty Hanzal in years. Domingue wasn't good either.

Liked Perlini though. And those wheels on the Nook, oh man.

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
Aren't we just terrible up the middle. I can't imagine any team is worse. We need to fix this asap. Pay the price and do it.

Yeah because this type of depth isn't help Devo either.

Columbus really should be a model of what we can be. No true #1C, solid defense (probably a little better than ours but not much), and chock full of feisty wingers with speeds, grit and skill. I hope we look like this in a year or two.

Snarky Coyote

Sponsor
May 3, 2009
Now with more snark
So much fail. What is the common denominator? it can only be skill or coaching. (hint its not really skill) 18 shots is unacceptable. 2 in the 3rd? Dump and chase doesn't work.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
The bad news for Duclair was there wasn't one point in that game where I noticed he was missing.

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
Fan coming in peace. How's Chychrun doing? See he has alot of scratches lately. I'm a big fan and want him to do well especially after the draft snubs

Are the scratches justified or just coaching?

CC96

Serious Offender
Nov 6, 2012
Mesa, Arizona
Fan coming in peace. How's Chychrun doing? See he has alot of scratches lately. I'm a big fan and want him to do well especially after the draft snubs

Are the scratches justified or just coaching?

He's been great. He's just getting scratched constantly, because Tippett is arguably the worst coach in the league.

CC96

Serious Offender
Nov 6, 2012
Mesa, Arizona
On the bright side, we have points in 7 of our last 10 games, yet we're 1 point out of dead last in the entire league, while having played 1 more game than the 30th place team.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
On the bright side, we have points in 7 of our last 10 games, yet we're 1 point out of dead last in the entire league, while having played 1 more game than the 30th place team.

8 points less then the 9th place team that has played 4 games. 10 points in last 10 games, 1 point per game clip. That is an 82 point pace. Is anyone surprised? This is kind of who we are:) And what was expected (if you are being realistic).

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Gagner was our 3rd on the team in points his year here. Still don't like that we got rid of him.

That speaks more to how awful the rest of the tank team was than Gagner's greatness. I mean, 41 points, big deal.

strizzy16

Welcome to Life, 2.0
Mar 6, 2012
somewhere south
OEL looks like there is something wrong with him. I cant remember what exact came it was but he got crunched at the blueline and looked like he hurt his ribs or shoulder. I don't think he has been the same since. his skating looks off

Hanzal keeps doing this move on the boards where he raises his stick high and then like wraps up the opposition with one hand. Maybe I just havent noticed him doing it in years past, but if he keeps playing like this he is going to have 3 penalties a game. He is causing a lot of turnovers on the forecheck, but this game was an example of him doing more harm than good with his physical play

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
I don't particularly enjoy the reductio ad Tippett(um)

Blitzkrieg is about the last thing that should be used to describe this offense.

5 shots in the second and third? Going to skip this one, I think.

Gagner on pace for 35-25-60 on a winning club under a defensive coach averaging less ice time than Doan. Too bad our coach doesn't play guys to their strengths.

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
Blitzkrieg is about the last thing that should be used to describe this offense.

5 shots in the second and third? Going to skip this one, I think.

Gagner on pace for 35-25-60 on a winning club under a defensive coach averaging less ice time than Doan. Too bad our coach doesn't play guys to their strengths.

Tippett has no clue how to coach a player like Gagner. Trying to force Gagner to play Tippett's system does not one any good.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad