GDT: Game 24: Conference Final Redux | Hawks at Kings | Nov. 29, 2014 | 9:00 PM CT | WGN

Status
Not open for further replies.

SimpleJack

Jul 25, 2013
Hey, preds fan coming in peace just wanted ur guy's opinion/outlook on something. Do you guy's like the fact that every road game you play in the US seems almost like a half-home game (idk what to call it, so i'm going with half-home game lol)? Just went through all the highlights of every road game you guys played in the US and it seems no matter where you play half the crowd (or a lot of the crowd) are hawks fans. (especially here in Nashville, St. Louis, Colorado, and Detroit)

Do you guys like this? Do you wish road games felt more like road games? Was just curious as to how hawks fans felt about this, I personally hate it when you guys invade our arena but that's my opinion lol. Never really seen this talked about so I was just curious. Not trying to start a war on anything, just wanted hawks fans views on this.. Maybe you guys are so used to it now you just ignore it?

Didn't know where to post this (didn't see a general blackhawks thread or anything) so hopefully it's ok I posted it here? IF not a mod can move it I guess..

To be honest i love it. I love having so many fans everywhere. I love having the most popular team, i wanna be the biggest and baddest, the most hated, so on and so forth. So rare as a sports fan to have this opportunity to see one of your teams rise to the top of its league in popularity and success. Gotta enjoy it while it lasts. You'd love it too if it was your team. BTW i think the Preds are for real and have what it takes to potentially upset the Hawks in the playoffs.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Rosy is worse, he shouldnt even be out there. Outside the great pass he made to Richards he was as shaky as Rundblad, and was easily worse Friday night. When Rundblad plays with someone who can actually skate, hes payed fi e. He and TVR looked good on thde 3rd pair. But Rosy? Hes looked but with everyone. We need a frue pmd on that pairii g...there is no reason NOT to have Clenxeni g out there right now. Zero.

The last few games most have loked good save for the 3rd pairing, Seabrook, and Saad. Our line set up, sspecially the 2nd, is finally stable. This is the best stretch weve played all season.

Rozy is playing fine. The hate he gets at this point doesn't make any sense and a slow Rozy still has 100x the defensive IQ of Rundblad

There is really no defense of Rundblad at this point. He like Morin doesn't belong on roster and could be easily improved from Rockford callup

theaub

34-38-61-10-13-15
Nov 21, 2008
Toronto
This phenomenon has been around forever in TO and I'm pretty sure in other cities as well (so I've been told). When I attended Hawk games as a kid at Maple Leaf Gardens, there was always a large number of Hawk fans. Back then it had a lot to do with Bobby Hull and Mikita and it seems has been passed down to younger generations (my father and mother actually, passed it to me and my brother). And of course there's a new wave now, with T/K, Keith, Hossa etc. playing with Hawks and 2 Stanley Cups under our belts. Love it!

Yup - even in the early 2000's when the Leafs were good and the Hawks were atrocious there were always a decent amount of Hawk fans at the ACC. Remember going to a game back in 2004 or so right before the lockout and the entire row I was in were all wearing red.

G0AT

Jun 1, 2014
Chicago
Hey, preds fan coming in peace just wanted ur guy's opinion/outlook on something. Do you guy's like the fact that every road game you play in the US seems almost like a half-home game (idk what to call it, so i'm going with half-home game lol)? Just went through all the highlights of every road game you guys played in the US and it seems no matter where you play half the crowd (or a lot of the crowd) are hawks fans. (especially here in Nashville, St. Louis, Colorado, and Detroit)

Do you guys like this? Do you wish road games felt more like road games? Was just curious as to how hawks fans felt about this, I personally hate it when you guys invade our arena but that's my opinion lol. Never really seen this talked about so I was just curious. Not trying to start a war on anything, just wanted hawks fans views on this.. Maybe you guys are so used to it now you just ignore it?

Didn't know where to post this (didn't see a general blackhawks thread or anything) so hopefully it's ok I posted it here? IF not a mod can move it I guess..

It's the best. :) Also, I think it may discourage other teams just enough to give the Hawks a slighter edge.

Central PA Hawk Fan

Apr 16, 2007
York, PA

To be honest, it does kind of bug me, only because I've been on the other side of it. I absolutely hate when Red Sox and Yankee fans invade Camden Yards, and they are absolute d-bags about it. So from that perspective, I agree, I don't want the Hawks associated with the likes of Red Sox and Yankee fans. On the other hand, what are you going to do? The Hawks are Original 6, a popular brand that has built a fanbase throughout the country. Even in our lean years, I remember seeing a decent Hawk fan presence at away games that I went to in that time period.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Rozy is playing fine. The hate he gets at this point doesn't make any sense and a slow Rozy still has 100x the defensive IQ of Rundblad

There is really no defense of Rundblad at this point. He like Morin doesn't belong on roster and could be easily improved from Rockford callup

Rozy isn't playing fine. Every game he turns over the puck just as much as Rundblad. Rubdblad is also younger, faster, and more likely to improve. It's not hard to decide who should be playing in every game.

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Rozy isn't playing fine. Every game he turns over the puck just as much as Rundblad. Rubdblad is also younger, faster, and more likely to improve. It's not hard to decide who should be playing in every game.

You gotta wonder what game some people watch. Rozy is far from ideal in the bottom pairing, but he hands down beats Rundblad in every category except age. I suppose he has potential but he should be in the minors developing that potential.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
You gotta wonder what game some people watch. Rozy is far from ideal in the bottom pairing, but he hands down beats Rundblad in every category except age. I suppose he has potential but he should be in the minors developing that potential.

I do sometimes wonder what game people are watching. Rundblad has looked bad ever since he was benched, but prior to that, he played great.

Rozsival has not played great in any game this year. Sure, he had a nice assist last night, but it was his slow skating that forced Crawford to take a penalty. The guy turns the puck over just as much as Rundblad, and isn't fast enough to cover up for most of his gaffes.

Rosy is just lucky that Q will bench any rookie for making a mistake, while veteran players who are just as bad can get away with most anything.

Pepe Silvia

Jan 2, 2012
Chicago
Rundblad may not have been great, but he looked solid and was gradually improving before being scratched. He had a bad game last night after missing some time, but it's not the end of the world and doesn't define a season.

BobbyJet

Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Rundblad may not have been great, but he looked solid and was gradually improving before being scratched. He had a bad game last night after missing some time, but it's not the end of the world and doesn't define a season.

Oh I agree, he was improving marginally, playing sheltered minutes and mostly against the weaker ops. He didn't just look bad last night, he looked completely lost. Another showing like that and he needs to be waived. If we lose him so be it, he should not be on the Hawks at this point in his career.

Back to my point: There is not a single aspect of the game that Rundblad has displayed has been impressive, and he is not as good as Rozy, at this time. But it would be nice to see another kid get that position, and unfortunately that's not Clendening from what I've seen. Perhaps Johns or Dahlback would be better suited, if either is ready. Not giving up on Clendening either. He has skill on the offensive side and would be a good depth guy.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
This poll was from the 8th when Rundblad was doing well, but it's proof that most of us felt that Rundblad had been playing better than Rosy prior to Rundblad's recent benching.

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1769069

Rozsival: 1 vote, 3.45% voted that he was better than Rundblad this season

Rundblad: 28 votes, 96.55% voted that he was better than Rosy this season

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
I'm pointing out that less than a month ago, we all (except for you) felt that Rundblad had been playing better than Rozsival. But somehow Rosy still has a "100x" more defensive minded IQ than Rundblad.

And you give me **** about using the word "great" to describe Rundblad's play a month ago. How ironic.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Rozy has been playing well and Rundblad again is proving he isn't a NHL quality defender

Its not that hard a concept to grasp and Rozy is far better defender then Rundblad who really has no idea what he is doing most nights with or without puck

So far Bowman seems unwilling to admit his mistakes in Morin/Rundblad and that is 2 roster spots wasting away

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
I don't think Rozi is playing well, but he is fine as a #6/7 the way he is playing right now. People need to watch most other teams #6/7 Dmen more often.

TVR is missed, I don't see any prospect filling his shoes this year. Bowman should sign Brookbank.

Nothingman*

Rozy has been pretty decent especially compared to last year. Rundblad, when he plays 'well' is less than mediocre. And turnover machine. Much more so than Rozy.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Rozy has been playing well and Rundblad again is proving he isn't a NHL quality defender

Its not that hard a concept to grasp and Rozy is far better defender then Rundblad who really has no idea what he is doing most nights with or without puck

So far Bowman seems unwilling to admit his mistakes in Morin/Rundblad and that is 2 roster spots wasting away

Sorry, it does seem hard to grasp. I didn't realize you owed Rozsival your life; that's why your never critical of anything he does, correct?

Both Rundblad and Rozsival are playing just fine as a bottom pairing, but you hating Rundblad for pulling the same **** as Rozsival is astonishing.

BobbyJet

Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Sorry, it does seem hard to grasp. I didn't realize you owed Rozsival your life; that's why your never critical of anything he does, correct?

Both Rundblad and Rozsival are playing just fine as a bottom pairing, but you hating Rundblad for pulling the same **** as Rozsival is astonishing.

Hardly. You need to look more closely. For one thing Rosy is much more able to withstand physicality than Rundblad is and even dishes it out. Rundblad, in fact sometimes looks downright scared out there. Q also knows well what Rozy will bring. I have a feeling Q is not the one responsible for Runfblad being in the line-up at all.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
I agree about Rundblad being afraid of physicality, but in terms of comparisons to Rosy, Rundblad's speed evens things out.

Both players seem to turn the puck over and be caught out of position equally.

One, given his age and history, would likely improve given enough playing time. The other will most likely be running on fumes by April. We need Rundblad to play more, and we need Rosy to be used more sparingly.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
I agree about Rundblad being afraid of physicality, but in terms of comparisons to Rosy, Rundblad's speed evens things out.

Both players seem to turn the puck over and be caught out of position equally.

One, given his age and history, would likely improve given enough playing time. The other will most likely be running on fumes by April. We need Rundblad to play more, and we need Rosy to be used more sparingly.

What player are you confusing Rundblad with? Cause #5 is slower then #32

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad