GDT: Game 24: Conference Final Redux | Hawks at Kings | Nov. 29, 2014 | 9:00 PM CT | WGN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
Amazing we have only one loser point this season through 24 games when we had 15 last year. The Hawks are playing defensively like the last cup winning season, not like last year.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
I'll admit to being one of the ones who wanted Kane to sit for a game, but he honestly looked depressed and uninterested for the first few weeks. Happy to see him out of that slump, and bringing it every shift.

Also, that Carcillo gif is amazing.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Right, but if he's going to play sparingly and get the hook early I'd rather see neither and bring up a guy like Cumiskey against better teams. Going into games with five defenseman the coach will use will lead to issues as soon as anybody gets hurt.

Pepe Silvia

Jan 2, 2012
Chicago
Well they were playing a great team like the Kings tonight, and Clendening was getting respectable ice time for the most part. I don't think they'll be rolling with 5 dmen every game.

Marina

Mar 26, 2013
Florida
Missed the game, sounded like a good one. Looks like that Richards signing might work out after all.

Oh and my mom called me when I was out to tell me that "Cerulean" had started a fight and I had no idea what she was talking about until I realized it was Carcillo. :laugh:

Longwayfromhome

Sweden/London, UK.
Oct 18, 2013
Rosy is worse, he shouldnt even be out there. Outside the great pass he made to Richards he was as shaky as Rundblad, and was easily worse Friday night. When Rundblad plays with someone who can actually skate, hes payed fi e. He and TVR looked good on thde 3rd pair. But Rosy? Hes looked but with everyone. We need a frue pmd on that pairii g...there is no reason NOT to have Clenxeni g out there right now. Zero.

The last few games most have loked good save for the 3rd pairing, Seabrook, and Saad. Our line set up, sspecially the 2nd, is finally stable. This is the best stretch weve played all season.

I agree. If anyone misses TVR, its Rundblad. They had great chemistry when they played together before the unfortunate injury.

Masta Class

Oct 30, 2014
the ville
Hey, preds fan coming in peace just wanted ur guy's opinion/outlook on something. Do you guy's like the fact that every road game you play in the US seems almost like a half-home game (idk what to call it, so i'm going with half-home game lol)? Just went through all the highlights of every road game you guys played in the US and it seems no matter where you play half the crowd (or a lot of the crowd) are hawks fans. (especially here in Nashville, St. Louis, Colorado, and Detroit)

Do you guys like this? Do you wish road games felt more like road games? Was just curious as to how hawks fans felt about this, I personally hate it when you guys invade our arena but that's my opinion lol. Never really seen this talked about so I was just curious. Not trying to start a war on anything, just wanted hawks fans views on this.. Maybe you guys are so used to it now you just ignore it?

Didn't know where to post this (didn't see a general blackhawks thread or anything) so hopefully it's ok I posted it here? IF not a mod can move it I guess..

crazyhawk

Apr 8, 2011
In the Hills
Hey, preds fan coming in peace just wanted ur guy's opinion/outlook on something. Do you guy's like the fact that every road game you play in the US seems almost like a half-home game (idk what to call it, so i'm going with half-home game lol)? Just went through all the highlights of every road game you guys played in the US and it seems no matter where you play half the crowd (or a lot of the crowd) are hawks fans. (especially here in Nashville, St. Louis, Colorado, and Detroit)

Do you guys like this? Do you wish road games felt more like road games? Was just curious as to how hawks fans felt about this, I personally hate it when you guys invade our arena but that's my opinion lol. Never really seen this talked about so I was just curious. Not trying to start a war on anything, just wanted hawks fans views on this.. Maybe you guys are so used to it now you just ignore it?

Didn't know where to post this (didn't see a general blackhawks thread or anything) so hopefully it's ok I posted it here? IF not a mod can move it I guess..

I can certainly understand the opposing team's fans hating it but personally I like it as a Hawks fan.
After years of obscurity ( the 10 years before Kane & Toews ) it just doesn't get old witnessing the success of the team at home and away! May have something to do with a combination of a lot of displaced Chicagoans along with the inevitable bandwagon phenomena. I'm near Ottawa where any home game against Montreal or Toronto ends up being almost an away game for the Sens … it sucks for the home team!

Thucydides

Dec 24, 2009
Hawks looking great lately. The team always comes together on the road trip. Kane and Richards are playing lights out lately.

ChiTownPhilly

Not Too Soft
Feb 23, 2010
AnyWorld/I'mWelcomeTo
I could write 2000 words on the topic of "Hawk fans away" (as a sometime traveller AND as a displaced Chicagoan), but a key point is contained in the quote above:
After years of obscurity ( the 10 years before Kane & Toews ) it just doesn't get old witnessing the success of the team at home and away!
So, in many cases (and certainly mine), keep in mind that when you're witnessing Blackhawk fan exuberance, it's the exuberance of the long-suffering. Had a quick look at the stats, and noted that in the 10-year span 97-98 to 07-08, Chicago made the playoffs exactly once. [And promptly received a 4-1 bouncing in the 1st round when they did.] It was an era of epic, bonesmoking, mule-burning, paper-bag-rocking SUCK! So- like Gilbert & Sullivan's "youth," we
... of course, must have our fling, so pardon us;
to our prerogative we cling, so pardon us;
if we're inclined to dance, and- sing, tra la-la-la-la-la

Last edited:

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
I can certainly understand the opposing team's fans hating it but personally I like it as a Hawks fan.
After years of obscurity ( the 10 years before Kane & Toews ) it just doesn't get old witnessing the success of the team at home and away! May have something to do with a combination of a lot of displaced Chicagoans along with the inevitable bandwagon phenomena. I'm near Ottawa where any home game against Montreal or Toronto ends up being almost an away game for the Sens … it sucks for the home team!

This phenomenon has been around forever in TO and I'm pretty sure in other cities as well (so I've been told). When I attended Hawk games as a kid at Maple Leaf Gardens, there was always a large number of Hawk fans. Back then it had a lot to do with Bobby Hull and Mikita and it seems has been passed down to younger generations (my father and mother actually, passed it to me and my brother). And of course there's a new wave now, with T/K, Keith, Hossa etc. playing with Hawks and 2 Stanley Cups under our belts. Love it!

DayNah

Ship it donk!
Feb 11, 2010
This phenomenon has been around forever in TO and I'm pretty sure in other cities as well (so I've been told). When I attended Hawk games as a kid at Maple Leaf Gardens, there was always a large number of Hawk fans. Back then it had a lot to do with Bobby Hull and Mikita and it seems has been passed down to younger generations (my father and mother actually, passed it to me and my brother). And of course there's a new wave now, with T/K, Keith, Hossa etc. playing with Hawks and 2 Stanley Cups under our belts. Love it!

Yeah I was blown away at how many Hawks jerseys there were when i went to a game in Toronto a couple years back. Easily 25% of the crowd was in red. Incredible.

BobbyJet

Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
The tape-to-tape passing we've seen in the last 2 games has been something to behold. When 2 of those highlights are from Carcillo (against Ducks to set up a lovely goal) and Rozy to do the same last night, you know your team is hot!

crazyhawk

Apr 8, 2011
In the Hills

I hear you! Original Six has history and the Hawks in Canada at least are up there as one of the most cheered for of the American Four!
But what is an anomaly now is that there are arguably more Chicago fans or close to half at least compared with the home team when the Hawks are in certain arenas! Ottawa is the only other rink where that happens with the Leafs and Habs ( understandable due to Ottawa's proximity to these cities and it's much younger history ).

BobbyJet

Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Hawks win 4-1

5-1 on Circus Trip

Exactly what we needed to get us back to where we belong. Q should give the boys a good rest now. It's deserved.

Not much said about Crawford tonight. I really like his game so far this season, which seems better all around, especially his lateral movement. I hope this continues.

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
The phenomenon is with all Chicago teams (except maybe the White Sox). We went to a Bears games in Jacksonville a few years ago and 75% of the crowd were Bears fans. The Bulls fans always make up a good percentage of the crowd. The Cubs for some reason have loads of fans in visitor stdiums, even when they suck. The rare times the Cubs are a decent team you see the stands full of Cub jerseys. Chicago is a very popular sports town nationwide.

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
Exactly what we needed to get us back to where we belong. Q should give the boys a good rest now. It's deserved.

Not much said about Crawford tonight. I really like his game so far this season, which seems better all around, especially his lateral movement. I hope this continues.

I am really struggling to remember any soft goals given up by Crow the entire season. His biggest fault throughout the years is giving up the Crawftie softies. He has done none of that this season, and if this keeps up he can get into the top 5 or 6 goalies in the league.

deytookerjaabs

Johnny Paycheck's Tank Advisor
Sep 26, 2010
Eastern Shore

The only creepy thing is watching a game in Canada where during the anthem they pan to the crowd and all the folks in Hawk sweaters are singing along to "Oh, Canada." Blahhhh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad