GDT: Game 24: Conference Final Redux | Hawks at Kings | Nov. 29, 2014 | 9:00 PM CT | WGN

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
Rundblad is not fast. Big picture, this just isn't the right situation for him.

zac

Apr 29, 2009
Rozy is playing fine. The hate he gets at this point doesn't make any sense and a slow Rozy still has 100x the defensive IQ of Rundblad

There is really no defense of Rundblad at this point. He like Morin doesn't belong on roster and could be easily improved from Rockford callup

Did you see how he got absolutely burned on transition? That exemplified how sssllllooooowwwww he is now...much moreso than 2 years ago. He was bad last year, and while not QUITE as bad this year, we have better options.

Even if he DOES have a better IQ, which you severely overstated, his physical inability to do anything right now is so hindering that it makes that pretty much a worthless attribute.

We need a PMD out there. Clendening has shown he is more than capable (+ I love what he showed on the PP) and that means one of Rosy or Rundblad should sit, and I think that Rundblad has shown a lot more this year than Rosy. Additionally Rosy has NO future with this team and we know how well old, long in the tooth sloths hold up over an 82 game season (Handzus anybody??).

Save Rosy for the playoffs...if we even need him then.

bwana63

carter blanche
Jul 11, 2014
Chi western burbs
And a month ago several were calling Richards done and some even said he was worse then Handzus

And virtually everyone was trashing Versteeg going into this season. A few years ago, it was Kruger. Fans are way too knee jerk.

That said, not a good outing for Runblad. Wonder if the 4 straight healthy scratches affected him? Not ready to throw in the towel.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Rundblad isn't fast, but he's clearly faster than Rozsival.

Also, I fully agree with Zac's comment. Spot-on assessment.

Last edited:

Masta Class

Oct 30, 2014
the ville
To be honest i love it. I love having so many fans everywhere. I love having the most popular team, i wanna be the biggest and baddest, the most hated, so on and so forth. So rare as a sports fan to have this opportunity to see one of your teams rise to the top of its league in popularity and success. Gotta enjoy it while it lasts. You'd love it too if it was your team. BTW i think the Preds are for real and have what it takes to potentially upset the Hawks in the playoffs.
Maybe.. Idk I do like the feeling of shutting a crowd up with a nicely timed goal on the road, the arena is buzzing and you score and then it's crickets and depression lol.

I don't think we're "for real" until we truly land a legit 1C. But I do think the combination of our top line, our defense, and rinne could still us a series against any team in the west. And don't take this as a dis but I'd rather not meet up with you guys in the playoffs (would rather play LA or any other team) just so we could have some home games lol. I don't think it would be as bad in the playoffs (you guys invading our arena) but it'd probably still be bad enough to tick me off lol.

Anyways thanks for all the nice responses, glad we could all be calm, cool, and collective about this. Look forward to Saturday, and maybe Rinne can post a shutout and keep the masses of Red in the stands nice and quiet. :laugh: But really good luck guys, and once again thanks for being nice.

Masta Class

Oct 30, 2014
the ville
To be honest, it does kind of bug me, only because I've been on the other side of it. I absolutely hate when Red Sox and Yankee fans invade Camden Yards, and they are absolute d-bags about it. So from that perspective, I agree, I don't want the Hawks associated with the likes of Red Sox and Yankee fans. On the other hand, what are you going to do? The Hawks are Original 6, a popular brand that has built a fanbase throughout the country. Even in our lean years, I remember seeing a decent Hawk fan presence at away games that I went to in that time period.
Yeah some of the hawks fans that come down here (or maybe even live here who knows) do kind of rub it in our faces that we've never done anything, and blah blah blah.. but then again the ones that are usually doing that are the ones that are true bandwagoners (haven't been through the era b4 towes n kane, and when home games weren't aired on TV, etc.) and it's surprising how many of them think you guys drafted Hossa :laugh:. So it's pretty easy to spot the real fans, and the ones along for the ride.

But nice to see opinions from different hawk fans that stand on different sides of the fence. Once again thanks for being nice to me over here on your board, and thanks for all the nice responses. See you dudes on Saturday. :yo:

hisgirlfriday

Jun 9, 2013
Any chance Rundblad started playing again because they're happy with what they've got in Clendening and trying to showcase Rundblad for a trade?

Nothingman*

I thought it was because Clendening had a poor game in Vancouover.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad