GDT: Game 24:Blue Jackets@Maple Leafs | 25/11/13 | 7 PM | SNET-O | Tyler Bozak returns...

• Thread starter Penalty Kill Icing*
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

leafstilldeath*

Carlyle shuffled the lines up half-way through the 2nd. It doesn't look like he's being benched.

And yet we see Kessel attached at the hip with bozo. I will never ****ing understand that.

If we do not make playoffs

Fire Carlyle
Fire Nonis for giving ridiculous contracts out to bozo and clarkson

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
Leafs are 8-8-1 in the last 17 games.

.500 hockey team.

With a loss tonight it's 8-9-1 over 18.

667.jpg

Duffman955

Mar 4, 2010
:facepalm: generally possession = goals ... But not always

The jackets are doing their best leafs impression, being opportunistic while getting outplayed on possession

When the season ends, no one is going to give 2 ***** about your possession/Corsi/Fenwick or what ever metric you want to talk about. Its the points that matter and in the last 15+ games, Leafs have been one of the worst teams in the league.

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
The worst part about the Fraser turnover gaffe is the (missed) shot is still the wrong play. Rielly is wide open on the far side of the ice with more time and space.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Our team relies far too much on the rush.

It works against soft teams that allow easy entries but teams that have big bodies that can skate will eat us for lunch.

I am just thinking ahead, if Columbus is killing us, how bad will we be against the best forechecking team in the league....

St. Louis is going to murder us.

You know what, the Leafs have a very annoying tendency to step it up when the opponent is tough and then they play down to weaker opponents. Not saying they'll bank a lot of wins coming up, but they seem to have a very unprofessional tendency to not come out hard all the time.

theTTC

Aug 17, 2010
You're blind if you think Reimer has played well tonight.

Still not his fault at all. So we lose 1-0 or 2-0, its still a loss. What do we have, less than 10 shots and zero good chances to score after two periods?

Think any team can survive long-term with 40-50 shots against almost every game? Bernier and Reimer are the best tandem any team in the NHL has, and if they can't do it here, nobody can.

Face it, we are not a contender.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
11 shots through 2 periods, seriously if this **** keeps up for the next week or 2 i want Carlyle gone. Its been going on for 20 games now and its ridiculous...

It has been proven that Carlyle's teams are not good with possession. He has not coached a team that has had good possession numbers...not since he had two HHOF defenseman on his team.

These 20 games are just a glimpse of what is coming in the next 60.

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
Gardiner has been good since his penalty, but that doesn't make up for being absolutely atrocious in the first.

You're absolutely right, he's looked "better" I wouldn't say good cause he still made some questionable decisions but yes he was better, late in that period though you can see once again he is not reacting fast enough. He waited and waited to shoot and when he did it was too late and the puck got deflected into the stands. SHOOT. THE. PUCK. JAKE!

Ohh and I love Rielly but this is easily his worst game of the year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad