Pre-Game Talk: GAME 24 10:07 PM - THE BEAR has the firehose ready - NESN, ESPN+, CITY, SN, 98.5 WBZ-FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
Zero chance I stay up for this, but Calgary has always been one of those Western Conference teams I kind of root for.

I was disappointed when Iginla lost in ‘04 heading into the lockout.

The year the Fleetcenter opened, my parents brought my cousin and I to a game. They sat up high, and he and I got to sit right on the glass. I remember he bought an Islanders fisherman puck in the pro shop before the game.

During warmups, we were pounding the glass on the Calgary side asking for a puck and Theo Fleury launches one right off the glass in front of our faces.

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
I’m watching. Up doing all my chores then I’ll nap and watch hockey all night

never understood people not wanting looch back.
I’ll always like the guy, but he looked lost here at times towards the end.

When he wasn’t hitting or scoring, it looked like he was floating.

Again, just to reiterate, one of my all time favorites up there with Thomas, Murray, Rolston, and Axelsson.

Reactions: BMC

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
will be watching our future top 6 RW here, was pleasantly surprised by the win the other night but still so frustrating watching this team.

So many guys who has produced nothing or next to nothing who this team simply needs more from, effort is nice, production is needed though

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Interesting 10 game stretch coming up for the Bruins.

Blue = Point%
Orange = Winning%

View attachment 489955

NYI, MTL, OTT (x2) & BUF are all teams they should beat. We typically play well against PIT, which leaves CGY, VGK, CAR & COL. Don't see them going 4-0 vs those teams, but if they can steal one and managed a point in another of those 4 games then that would be a solid 10 game stretch producing a 7-2-1 record.

*I did both W% and P% because while some teams don't have a great W% (like PIT), they aren't easy outs and still manage to get points in games they don't win.

predicting 14 points for us out of this stretch. Will be fun to check back

Reactions: ON3M4N

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
gonna be watching this one intently. this feels like a pivotal moment in the season. they have a few wins over good teams but i don't think they've strung together 2. It feels like the defense & goaltending have been clicking lately and the got a big revenge win over Edmonton. Following that up with another revenge win over Calgary would be a huge statement from this team.

Reactions: LouJersey

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Congratulations to Lucic on hitting 1,000 games. Loved every minute of his time in Boston. I feel blessed to have experienced that 2011 team and he was a huge part why.

Last of a dying breed of NHL players who actually enjoyed fighting.

same here. True Bruin. Loved every minute we had him.
Just a terrible twist of fate with what happened with his dad. Bruins did right by him IMO.

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
My feeling is Hertl and Pastrnak play together at Olympics & Bruins trade for him early March

Sweeney will be signing extension in off season

by the way you heard Sweeney extension first here

You trying to depress everyone with this Sweeney extension prediction.

Reactions: lopey

13Hockey

Go Bruins
Jul 20, 2006
Boston
Trent Frederic since moving to Center

6 games
0 Goals
0 Assists
0 Points
6 Shots
44% on Faceoffs

lets see if he does anything tonight or its probably back to the press box next game with Nosek ready to return

Reactions: HustleB
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad