Post-Game Talk: GAME 23 - Un ours danse sur la rue Sainte-Catherine - BRUINS 3 Poutineville 2 FIN - OLE, OLE, OLE

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
IMG_20181124_214420.jpg

Enjoy the look of despair on the face of the Habs fan :D

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
This was an almost Claude Julien masterpiece

Victim hockey

Good to see that whiney punk Drouin get the key penalty

The amount of late hits on Pastrnak and Marchand was insane

So many Habs players are AAA

Moore was a beast

A healthy McAvoy, Carlo and eventually Chara gives the Bruins easily best 1-7 D in the league

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub

Victim hockey

Moore was a beast

A healthy McAvoy, Carlo and eventually Chara gives the Bruins easily best 1-7 D in the league

"AAA?"

ap3lovr

Dec 31, 2005
New Brunswick

Victim hockey

Moore was a beast

At this point I would say best 1-12 D in the league.....

Zillah

Bleed Black and Gold
Apr 4, 2011
West Kelowna B.C.

Victim hockey

Moore was a beast

There was a time when the Leafs had Shane Corson , Darcy Tucker and Gary Roberts ( 3 grade A pricks) but this Habs team has em beat with Shaw , Gallagher , Domi etc etc

Reactions: bobbyorr04

ap3lovr

Dec 31, 2005
New Brunswick
That is the kind of game you show to a non fan. It was really entertaining, amazing saves at both ends tonight. Neither goalie should hang their head on this one. Both teams played up tempo and physical. The after the whistle stuff was heated and entertaining, not just the normal face washing and shoving. Fans had a tremendous energy level in the third. Just a really good hockey game.

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
Atta boy David.......you played with heart and definitely made a positive impact in tonight's game
On the 4th line he is just fine. 3rd line OK too. He won't put up points but he belongs.

Acciari and Millers' hits were a turning point in that 2nd period too showing the Bruins wouldn't completely turn the other cheek.

No brawls was disappointing but hopefully next time.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
At this point I would say best 1-12 D in the league.....
McLean this week on nhl network afternoon show pretty much said this

It’s interesting when the Bruins followers here say we/I overrate then and then a guy who was a GM and now a top analyst says the Bruins can survive because there organizational D is as deep as anyone in the game

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
On the 4th line he is just fine. 3rd line OK too. He won't put up points but he belongs.

Acciari and Millers' hits were a turning point in that 2nd period too showing the Bruins wouldn't completely turn the other cheek.

No brawls was disappointing but hopefully next time.
He works on 4th line - should have been 2 goals in 24 hours but he got multiple A scoring chances each game

Colby Cave 8/1 on the dot tonight

BBB24

Aug 12, 2010
Saskatchewan
Rask is sure playing on a different level since his LOA

...and it's a welcome sight with all the injuries
For sure he is. That’s why we shouldn’t jump to hard on guys who struggle at times, especially the stars, they are only human and go through difficult times away from work, just like the rest of us.

Reactions: BMC

ap3lovr

Dec 31, 2005
New Brunswick
McLean this week on nhl network afternoon show pretty much said this

It’s interesting when the Bruins followers here say we/I overrate then and then a guy who was a GM and now a top analyst says the Bruins can survive because there organizational D is as deep as anyone in the game

Not as steep of a dropoff as I think anyone thought there would be. I knew Vaak had an nhl game in camp, but likely needed time to adjust to the play style. I did not expect Lauzon to step in like her has, or Gryz to be playing Norris calibre hockey.

I also find it odd that people look at size as a determining factor for dmen in today's game. If you change nothing about Krug or Gryz, except make them 6-4, people would be screaming about how great this d core is. Krug and Gryz change the dynamic of this team.

I am honestly starting to dislike the Moore signing as I am not sure I see a spot on this team for him next year with all this depth pushing for ice time.

Reactions: BruinDust

Neely08

Mar 9, 2006
North of Boston
Because you can still be a great announcer without constantly making a fool of yourself, for example Dave Goucher. A bruins player gets touched and he cries and moans for a penalty, yet chara could do the same exact thing and get called for a penalty and he will bash the refs.

He doesn’t even have a good grasp of the nhl rules. For instance last night whether or not it was a goal or non goal. He said “well that has to be a goal because there was no whistle and the puck went in the net” but there’s plenty of other factors at play and no whistle has no bearing or whether the refs had intent to blow the whistle.

Idk you basically love him or hate him. Personally I can’t stand him. He’s actually my least favorite announcer across all Boston sports in my 25+ years of being a fan.
Well, you would have really despised Fred Cusick and Derek Sanderson, and they are legends.

Fred and Derek call the Chara Pacioretty incident:
BOOM!
Derek Sanderson- Uh oh, hey hey…
Fred Cusick - And Chara BELTS Pacioretty to the ice!
Derek - Yeah, Fred, Pacioretty laying on the ice trying to bleed harder here.
Fred - Well, he may really be hurt, Derek. Real concern for Pacioretty here...
(replay)
Derek - Ok, Pacioretty trying to get by Chara-ziz left, he see's that red stanchion coming and thinks it's Guy Lafluer'ziz backside and followed his instincts...BIFF. The Bruins should be on the powerplay here, he could have really hurt Chara'ziz forearm there trying to hold him up and draw that call from the refs, Fred.
Fred - …….thank you, Derek Sanderson.

Last edited:

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Not as steep of a dropoff as I think anyone thought there would be. I knew Vaak had an nhl game in camp, but likely needed time to adjust to the play style. I did not expect Lauzon to step in like her has, or Gryz to be playing Norris calibre hockey.

I also find it odd that people look at size as a determining factor for dmen in today's game. If you change nothing about Krug or Gryz, except make them 6-4, people would be screaming about how great this d core is. Krug and Gryz change the dynamic of this team.

I am honestly starting to dislike the Moore signing as I am not sure I see a spot on this team for him next year with all this depth pushing for ice time.
Chara -McAvoy
Moore -Carlo
Grzelcyk-Miller
Krug
Lauzon
Vaakanainen

Chara has to be near the end and Krug has one more year

What is going to suck is all signs point to losing a real good young D in the expansion draft

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad