Post-Game Talk: GAME 23 - Un ours danse sur la rue Sainte-Catherine - BRUINS 3 Poutineville 2 FIN - OLE, OLE, OLE

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
Never did the Bruins any favors for sure but sure did plenty for the Habs. Couldn't stand the guy when he was reffing. Nothing personal though, I do enjoy his segment when he comes on the show now.

Fraser never did like the Bruins.

He was more concerned with how his hair looked than trying to officiate a fair game when the B's were playing.

nfld77

Aug 13, 2007
Newfoundland
Hey nfld77, yep from Ireland, Cork to be precise, down the very south of the country. Glad you enjoyed your visit to Dublin, hope the weather was kind to you :)

Visited Boston last year and fell in love with the city and the Bruins after attending a game on a whim, been on here ever since trying to learn as much as I can about the Bruins and hockey in general. Been lots of late nights since, I love it!

Brother, that is awesome..When we were in Ireland, we took 2 tours and one of them was visiting Cork..I was talking to the bus driver and he was very familar with my home of Newfoundland and our unique accent.. He told me that most people in Cork talk just like us or viseversa..For example, we you the word "Boy" alot. Yes boy, it's a beautiful win.. or "It's some good to have Miller back boy[or by}..Instead of a response of "YES", it's usually "YES BOY"... We wern't in Cork long enough to find out ourselves but it's a beautiful place for sure and I would love some day to return and spend a few days in Cork.. I'll be sure to bring my guitar next time but I did play a couple tunes at a dinner bar over in Dublin.. I sang a couple country songs but I absolutely love Irish..When I play at Senior Homes, I get alot of requests for Irish music, in fact newfoundlands most popular radio station plays the "Irish Newfoundland Show" every Saturday Morning..You should be able to find it online..Be nice for you to hear the familarity in our music too.. I love listening to the legend Johnny Macevoy.. I love the song "Michael" and "Going to California"..

Man there's so much I love about Ireland. Sorry Administrators for going off subject.

Anyway, take care boy and I'll talk to ya later on..

Reactions: IrishBruinsFan

nfld77

Aug 13, 2007
Newfoundland
1*u3SNiCTkZfwnZQmYJhsSxg.gif

EDIT: What about the intermissions ???? ;)

Damn, don't you think I tried that?? Every time Don Cherry's friggin big mouth would mess everything up!!! And whats the sense in the intermissions if I mute it..Do you actually expect me to miss Coaches Corner???? Man you're crazier than me!!!

nfld77

Aug 13, 2007
Newfoundland
1*u3SNiCTkZfwnZQmYJhsSxg.gif

EDIT: What about the intermissions ???? ;)

Damn, don't you think I tried that?? Every time Don Cherry's friggin big mouth would mess everything up!!! And whats the sense in the intermissions if I mute it..Do you actually expect me to miss Coaches Corner???? Man you're crazier than me!!!

nfld77

Aug 13, 2007
Newfoundland
Wouldn't it be great if the Habs miss the playoffs by one point. A point they could have earned simply taking this game to OT. They can look back at the end of the season an realize they missed the PO because of a bone head play by their "Superstar". That would be pure gold.

You're confused my friend..They TRADED a superstar to get Drouin..

I'm actually happy Habs got off to a decent start cause before season began I had concerns of them getting 1st overall pick..But now I REALLY dont see them making playoffs..Price's stats are worse than last season..I checked before Boston game and he was 38th in Goals against Avg and 40th in Save% which was under .900.. I wrote a long article on Price and posted it on here a few days ago.. I posted it under "Around the League" or something like that.. But I think the Habs will miss playoffs, not by alot But there's teams that are way better..I think the Panthers are just off to a slow start and they played least amt of games in league..

Deleted

Nov 11, 2017
Brother, that is awesome..When we were in Ireland, we took 2 tours and one of them was visiting Cork..I was talking to the bus driver and he was very familar with my home of Newfoundland and our unique accent.. He told me that most people in Cork talk just like us or viseversa..For example, we you the word "Boy" alot. Yes boy, it's a beautiful win.. or "It's some good to have Miller back boy[or by}..Instead of a response of "YES", it's usually "YES BOY"... We wern't in Cork long enough to find out ourselves but it's a beautiful place for sure and I would love some day to return and spend a few days in Cork.. I'll be sure to bring my guitar next time but I did play a couple tunes at a dinner bar over in Dublin.. I sang a couple country songs but I absolutely love Irish..When I play at Senior Homes, I get alot of requests for Irish music, in fact newfoundlands most popular radio station plays the "Irish Newfoundland Show" every Saturday Morning..You should be able to find it online..Be nice for you to hear the familarity in our music too.. I love listening to the legend Johnny Macevoy.. I love the song "Michael" and "Going to California"..

Man there's so much I love about Ireland. Sorry Administrators for going off subject.

Anyway, take care boy and I'll talk to ya later on..

I remember watching something about Newfoundland on TV years ago and being perplexed when they talked to a local, when I heard the accent I assumed that it was someone from Cork who had emigrated and made Newfoundland their new home. Then they talked to two or three other people and I didn't have a clue what was going on! It is remarkable how similar the accent is.

The boy thing is funny, it is a normal affectionate term here in Cork (and there too I see) however when one of my buddies was in the US years and years ago (can't remember which part) he said "thanks boy" to an African American dude and almost got into a spot of bother. My friend was obviously only being friendly but it took a bit of explaining when the other fella questioned what he meant by "boy". He got a bit of an American history lesson that day. I've made note of that on any trips I've subsequently made to the US.

I've always been curious about Newfoundland ever since I saw that TV show and now you've just peaked my curiosity even more. I love to travel, so maybe some day I might make it over there.

As regards music, no better Irish voice than the late great Luke Kelly imo.

Cheers for the msg kid.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Bruins know in rivalry with Canadiens it hurts to win - The Boston Globe

Some thoughts and shots after watching the Bruins pin a 3-2 loss on the Canadiens Saturday night in Montreal, where a little bit of the blood and snarl of an old rivalry was rekindled.

■ Brendan Gallagher, turning his stick as a pitchfork, jacked a two-hander into Kevan Miller’s groin in the final seconds of the first period. Miller responded in the next period with a heavy blow on Jonathan Drouin along the boards. Later, the 2 points on the line, Drouin’s high stick drew blood from David Backes’s lower lip, gifting the Bruins a four-minute power play that delivered John Moore’s game-winning goal.

So, yeah, delightfully nasty. Maybe not the punchfests of old between these Original Six siblings, but enough to have everyone eager for the rematch (Dec. 17 in Montreal).

“At the end of the day, it hurts to win,” said Bruins coach Bruce Cassidy. “We tell our guys that all the time. If you win, you’ve probably got some bumps and bruises.

nfld77

Aug 13, 2007
Newfoundland
I remember watching something about Newfoundland on TV years ago and being perplexed when they talked to a local, when I heard the accent I assumed that it was someone from Cork who had emigrated and made Newfoundland their new home. Then they talked to two or three other people and I didn't have a clue what was going on! It is remarkable how similar the accent is.

The boy thing is funny, it is a normal affectionate term here in Cork (and there too I see) however when one of my buddies was in the US years and years ago (can't remember which part) he said "thanks boy" to an African American dude and almost got into a spot of bother. My friend was obviously only being friendly but it took a bit of explaining when the other fella questioned what he meant by "boy". He got a bit of an American history lesson that day. I've made note of that on any trips I've subsequently made to the US.

I've always been curious about Newfoundland ever since I saw that TV show and now you've just peaked my curiosity even more. I love to travel, so maybe some day I might make it over there.

As regards music, no better Irish voice than the late great Luke Kelly imo.

Cheers for the msg kid.

Brother that was awesome to read..I've heard of Luke Kelly but not real familar..I'll go to Youtube now and check it out.

Did you ever hear of a singer by the name of Owen Mac?? The thing is: He's from Ireland and he looks about 10 BUT his voice is unbelieveable for someone of his age, and he sings traditional music.. If you never heard of him, maybe he's 16 now, you should check him out and while you're at it check out Newfoundland Music..Almost identical to Irish..

If you EVER come to Newfoundland, you will notice right away how much it's like Ireland, especially when you get outside the city of St John's..The city is historical and famous for a street called George Street. The street has nothing but bars or pubs, whatever you wanna call it..Everyone's been there.. Brad Marchand was there in September, he was going to a wedding so I think he was on George St a couple days later.. Famous singers like Toby Keith, Allan Jackson, George Strait, etc..all country singers I mentioned cause I love it..

Rural Newfoundland, where I live, is beautiful no matter where you go in the province.. People are extra friendly and anxious to give a willing hand.. IF YOU EVER visit, I would love for you to stay at our house.. We live in a Small rural place called Trinity.. The town of Trinity is very rich in history..In fact, it's one of the oldest settlements in North America.. The place is dead this time of year, but during the summer, thousands of tourists swarm the area..

It's only my wife and I living here.. My son Joshua, his wife and kids are only an hour away..I have 2 sons and 3 grandkids, the little guy, my avator is the youngest.. I'm 55 years of age and I guarentee we would have a blast.. Plus, imagine the cash you would save by not having to pay motels or hotels or whatever..Love for you to stay with us and my wife would say exactly the same...Cheers my friend..

Oh here's Owen Mac and a Nfld song...

This is a band called Simani and an awesome song called "Loss of the Marion"..Marion was a vessel that sank after leaving St. Pierre..The song says the skipper got into it with a frenchmen and the french guy said he would "He would answer the challenge at sea.. The Marion was never to be heard of again..HAVE to hear the song..Simani are retired for a few years now but were really popular in the 90's.. Just 2 men, one with guitar other with accordian but it's really good if you like the combo of music and stories..

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->