GDT: Game #23 - Tuesday, March 5, 2013 - Avalanche @ Red Wings - 7:30 p.m. | FSD

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
If Cleary suddenly went back to his old self and put up respectable numbers on the top line for the rest of the season, would most of you guys be happy for him, or just pissed off that the DRW would invite him back to the team?

Happy we would be in the playoffs, angry about what that would likely mean longterm.

VladTheImpaler

Go Wings
Feb 27, 2012
The entire team - players and coaches alike - better bring the cheese for 60 minutes. I'm tired of the excuses and justifications behind bad decisions and lack of offense.

5-2 Wings

Miller, Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Mule, Kindl

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
If Cleary suddenly went back to his old self and put up respectable numbers on the top line for the rest of the season, would most of you guys be happy for him, or just pissed off that the DRW would invite him back to the team?

I'd be pissed, but that's because my expectation is that it is a fluke. He's at the age now where he's not going to be getting better. We've seen his peak. Plus, he's being misused. If he's playing at all it should not be in the top6 with Datsyuk and on the PP and in OT.

On top of that, he's holding a spot that should be going to up and coming talent.

Now, if he starts playing like his career peak and keeps that up for the entire time he's with the Wings, I won't complain at all. I just think that's not going to happen.

RedMenace

Jul 24, 2006
www.ShattenkirksKrakenshirt.net
Quote:
Babcock said he'll continue playing Justin Abdelkader, who is struggling offensively (one assist in 22 games), and Daniel Cleary on the line, at least at the start.

“You could look at it a couple ways,'' Babcock said. “You could say Pavel and Z haven't scored in three games and you can blame the wingers, or you can say there's times during the year you don't score.

“They've been matched up against real good players and we've had an opportunity to win. In the last three games we're 3-1-1 and things are going all right for our team, so let's just keep going here.
http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2013/03/red_wings_eye_matchup_with_col.html http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2013/03/red_wings_eye_matchup_with_col.html

Wait, what? I mean, I know I'm no math whiz, but what?

Syckle78

Nov 5, 2011
Redford, MI
Between Babcock comments and Holland talking about getting injured players back being like a couple deadline deals I have never been more encouraged by the Red Wings brain trust.

Brick Top

LANA!!!!!
Mar 2, 2012
Grand Rapids
“You could look at it a couple ways,'' Babcock said. “You could say Pavel and Z haven't scored in three games and you can blame the wingers, or you can say there's times during the year you don't score.

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2013/03/red_wings_eye_matchup_with_col.html

:shakehead Going out on a realshaky (as I'm sure Babs would say) limb here and saying that D's linemates may be having at least a LITTLE effect on his ability to score lately at ES.

I do think that Z hasn't play well lately, and when he's off his game his line is invisible on the ice. And I'll even agree that every team hits stretches in a season where goals are hard to come by, but at least try to throw in a few coaching adjustments here and there to address the problem.

Typically when a team isn't scoring, the coach is changing the lines to find a spark somewhere and see if a new combination could get hot... seems rather passive to chalk it up to "oh well guys, you know how the game of hockey is- everyone hits a dry spell during the season. So we won't make ANY significant line changes to get us going, but instead keep doing exactly what isn't scoring at the moment. Sounds good, right? Now get out there, play realgood, be hard on the puck, and keep competing!!"

KJoe88

Forever Lost.
May 18, 2012
Trenton, MI
Wings win 5-1

Smith on the PP, Brunner on the PP, Z gets two, and Tats gets one playing with Pavel, who gets like 4 assists.

I think this is a game for Z.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
I think I'll see what's up in the GDT...

bs3GW3m.jpg

JPE123

Jan 23, 2013
I have to agree with Babcock on Andersson. He does seem to have good sense to be in the right place and rarely makes mistakes

JPE123

Jan 23, 2013
:shakehead Going out on a realshaky (as I'm sure Babs would say) limb here and saying that D's linemates may be having at least a LITTLE effect on his ability to score lately at ES.

I do think that Z hasn't play well lately, and when he's off his game his line is invisible on the ice. And I'll even agree that every team hits stretches in a season where goals are hard to come by, but at least try to throw in a few coaching adjustments here and there to address the problem.

Typically when a team isn't scoring, the coach is changing the lines to find a spark somewhere and see if a new combination could get hot... seems rather passive to chalk it up to "oh well guys, you know how the game of hockey is- everyone hits a dry spell during the season. So we won't make ANY significant line changes to get us going, but instead keep doing exactly what isn't scoring at the moment. Sounds good, right? Now get out there, play realgood, be hard on the puck, and keep competing!!"

I kind of picture Babcock as a really stubborn guy. The more his decisions get questioned the harder he digs in. I agree with several posters here that one or the other, Cleary or Abby has to change. It's been pretty obvious. Makes me wonder what he sees in practice that he stays with this line, it ain't producing on game day

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
I join the rest of posters that we have to win.
I dream of seeing Tatar with Datsyuk just for a shift or 2.

CloneHakanPlease*

Option two

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad