GDT: Game #23 - Tuesday, March 5, 2013 - Avalanche @ Red Wings - 7:30 p.m. | FSD

Status
Not open for further replies.

JmanWingsFan

Your average Jman
Aug 18, 2011
Somewhere
Alongside LA, we have the easiest stretch of 5 games coming up amongst this cluster of WC teams. We need to win these games. If we can, we'll probably gain some breathing room with the rest of the pack.

Frozen Fiend

DOUBLE D
Oct 22, 2007
Kalamazoo
I'll be at this one tonight! Getting dinner before at a barbecue place somewhere downtown. It should be a jolly old time. :)

Go Wings! I'm hoping to see some vintage Pasha tonight.

934794_o.gif

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
We've had tough opponents lately and done reasonably well. Time to take that good play and turn it into more wins.

I think Z is due for a big game.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
Cleary and Abby both pot hat tricks. Cleary gets a 6 x $5m deal.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
“With O'Reilly in the three-hole for them today, we got kind of like a Shaw-Bickell-Stalberg thing, we got a matchup issue,'' Babcock said after today's morning skate. “I knew it before the last game, I know it before this game. If one of those guys, Andy or Emmerton do a real good job, then we don't have a matchup issue. Otherwise, that swings the game.''

Babcock said of Andersson: “He's a smart guy, he's got seriously good hockey sense, knows how to play with and without the puck. It's just pace with him, that's the biggest issue. But he's a real good player.''

Babcock said he'll continue playing Justin Abdelkader, who is struggling offensively (one assist in 22 games), and Daniel Cleary on the line, at least at the start.

“You could look at it a couple ways,'' Babcock said. “You could say Pavel and Z haven't scored in three games and you can blame the wingers, or you can say there's times during the year you don't score.

“They've been matched up against real good players and we've had an opportunity to win. In the last three games we're 3-1-1 and things are going all right for our team, so let's just keep going here.

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2013/03/red_wings_eye_matchup_with_col.html

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills
The only thing I do agree with is that I like the Tatar - Anderson - Eaves line. But Abdelkader sucks so that makes everything worse.

TatarTangle

Sep 28, 2011
Detroit
SoupNasty can you please leave Abdelkader and Cleary's picture blank next GDT? Bleeeh.

4-1 Wings. Tatar gets two by creating offense himself, Brunner with a nice little one timer from the hash mark on the PP and Franzen with a tip on the PP. They can get their PP going when they are home.

JPE123

Jan 23, 2013
Would love to see a hat trick for Z. He needs to break out of a mini slump

TheOtherOne

Jan 2, 2010
If Cleary suddenly went back to his old self and put up respectable numbers on the top line for the rest of the season, would most of you guys be happy for him, or just pissed off that the DRW would invite him back to the team?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad