GDT: Game #23 - Tuesday, March 5, 2013 - Avalanche @ Red Wings - 7:30 p.m. | FSD

Status
Not open for further replies.

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
Dan Cleary has officially given me an ulcer. Tripping over the center ice line was classic Cleary.

I wonder what "for ****s sake" in Russian is. I'm sure Pavel's wingers hear it a lot.

I thought that was the best part of the game.:laugh:

And who is this poster jinxing Howard's SO?:rant::rant::rant:

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
Our special units are a big problem. We did not score a PP goal even 5 on 3.
Was the last PP goal vs the Canucks?
But we beat the team we were supposed to beat and got 2 points, though if not for Howard ...

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
D breakdown but Howie managed to save us. Quincey tried to do too much against he's old club.

Dats was awesome outside of that Statsny goal maybe. Was picking everyone's pocket throughout the game.

NervousPerson

Apr 11, 2010
Dan Cleary has officially given me an ulcer. Tripping over the center ice line was classic Cleary.

I wonder what "for ****s sake" in Russian is. I'm sure Pavel's wingers hear it a lot.

Did anyone see on that same rush (I think...I didn't go back and watch), Datsyuk give Adelkader a "turbo boost" by pushing him with his stick? A "get in there!" or a show of frustration? Thought that was funny too. On the bright side at least we get some comedy from those two.

Edit: Just re-watched it...at 3:44 left in the first....seemed more of a reaction thing than frustration.

Last edited:

RedWingsNow*

Datsyuk has been playing like garbage for the last few games. I don't give a **** who his linemates are.

Look. A real, live Datsyuk hater among Wings fans.

Enjoy this one. They are rare. And for good reason

RedWingsNow*

I'm not gonna put all the blame on his linemates but he's been playing much more passive on this line, ever since his beast mode performance against Nashville at least. He's sometimes hanging around the blue line in the Ozone almost like a 3rd defender and he just hasn't been aggressive at all offensively. But hes been fine defensively, well more like great, other than his one mishap tonight.

I actually think Babcock might have told him to take a more defensive role because of all the injuries.

Datsyuk's a smart player.

He understands that
a) When his linemates have the puck, they will turn it over.
b) When he has the puck, his linemates don't know how to find open ice

When you know a and b, you drop back and play passive hockey

Syckle78

Nov 5, 2011
Redford, MI
When he has the puck, he's making poor decisions with, making bad passes, trying too hard, bobbling the puck away. Then there's Cleary, double or triple teamed on the boards getting his kidneys worked on and Datsyuk just stands 10 feet away, waiting for the puck to miraculously appear on his stick.

I think someone needs to hit him again. Get him pissed off.

Poor Cleary. Must be hard to be on a line with a bum like Datsyuk.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Did anyone see on that same rush (I think...I didn't go back and watch), Datsyuk give Adelkader a "turbo boost" by pushing him with his stick? A "get in there!" or a show of frustration? Thought that was funny too. On the bright side at least we get some comedy from those two.

Edit: Just re-watched it...at 3:44 left in the first....seemed more of a reaction thing than frustration.

That tactic isn't all that uncommon, though it seems Datsyuk and Zetterberg do it to guys more than anyone I can remember watching.

RedWingsNow*

It's so hard keeping track of who we're allowed to criticize and who gets a free pass each week. We should keep an updated list in a sticky.

Just let me be the arbiter. I'm game. I promise to be mostly fair.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad