Post-Game Talk: GAME 23 - THE BEAR dances on Yonge Street yet again - BRUINS 4 Toronto 3 F/OT

NeelyDan

Spot-Picker
Sponsor
Jun 28, 2010
Dundas, Ontario
Was in Scotland on our honeymoon. Ever try the Balvenie 12 year Caribbean cask? Had a bunch of em. Tried to track down a bottle but no luck. Seemed to be sold out everywhere I went. Very lovely scotch
So funny you say this - I was looking at it yesterday, but it was 80 on top of an already 140 dollar bottle - I’m guessing I missed out?

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
I thought he was going to beat the bag off a couple of our guys and scare the rest into playing terrible hockey.

Maybe it's just seeing more of him now, but watching him on Seattle the past couple of seasons he never looked this slow to me.
Tall guys always look slower than they really are.

Reactions: Dr Hook

BruinsFanMike82

Apr 15, 2009
MA
I wonder in the last two years when the game was tied during 6-5, who was on the ice?? I don’t understand the split of Carlo Forbort.

Over the past two regular seasons against an empty net
Hampus Lindholm has been on the ice for 6.78 Goals Allowed per 60min.
Forbort = 6.56
Carlo = 6.53
McAvoy = 3.21

If you look just at this season, Lindholm has been on the ice for 20.07 goals against per 60.
Carlo = 12.03
McAvoy = 9.73
Forbort = 9.01

Problem being, if they want to limit 27's 5vs6 time they'll either need to roll with just 3 D or they'll need to insert Grzelcyk or Shattenkirk instead. Neither are great options.

Reactions: Gordoff and hrdpuk

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
Love that Marchy score the OT winner! Leaf coach and media all squawked that no one took Marchy to task after the last game where he tangled with a Leaf player who was injured on the play. Keefe was deflecting the fact he is a lousy coach that can't win a game in regulation so he was using Marchy for his whipping boy. Last night Keefe sends Woodenhead Reaves out to go after the rookie Poitras. He should of stuck to coaching in junior.

SwayHeyKid

Living by faith, not by sight.
Mar 14, 2022
Love that Marchy score the OT winner! Leaf coach and media all squawked that no one took Marchy to task after the last game where he tangled with a Leaf player who was injured on the play. Keefe was deflecting the fact he is a lousy coach that can't win a game in regulation so he was using Marchy for his whipping boy. Last night Keefe sends Woodenhead Reaves out to go after the rookie Poitras. He should of stuck to coaching in junior.
It's been open season on him. Funny after reading Freddy's quote on "we can't let our captain take hits like that" the night before it's apparently ndb when it's the rookie. I am guessing it was more nobody wanted to go with Reaves. Would be nice if the team at least had someone that would go after the skill players with hard hits, but again, they would have to answer for it.

Reactions: Gordoff

BTO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 20, 2019
The Big Smoke (unfortunately)
So funny you say this - I was looking at it yesterday, but it was 80 on top of an already 140 dollar bottle - I’m guessing I missed out?
$140 a bottle? Jeez, in my scotch-drinking days (and that was only a decade or so ago) that quality of single malt was like $80 a bottle, which was fine, and Glenlivit was like $30. Looks like I may have to, somehow, acquire a taste for Canadian whiskey!

NeelyDan

Spot-Picker
Sponsor
Jun 28, 2010
Dundas, Ontario
$140 a bottle? Jeez, in my scotch-drinking days (and that was only a decade or so ago) that quality of single malt was like $80 a bottle, which was fine, and Glenlivit was like $30. Looks like I may have to, somehow, acquire a taste for Canadian whiskey!
140 CAD - not sure if you’re from Canada bc around here the big smoke is Toronto but I’ve heard it referred to as Pittsburgh too

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
That win felt good. Marchand with the OT winner in embarrassing fashion is just too perfect.
Some leafs fans were either confused about who won, just glad the game was over...

...or love Marchand??

1701621814803.jpeg

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
What struck me as dumb was that he put Reaves in the lineup to get retribution. Reaves does that, sort of, on Poitras when Matt's back was to him, goes to the box, then doesn't see the ice again except on his skate back to the bench once his penalty expired. So in a big Saturday night game against a rival the coach handicaps his team a forward for most of the game, the Leafs lose, and the only retribution was a board on a rookie and having to kill a penalty. Marchand waltzes away unscathed with a game winner, leaving Leaf fans furious with two of the stars being lazy on the play that lost the game. King rat.

bruinshoper

Sponsor
Jan 20, 2011
someone make a strong case why Pasta and Brad should be on the ice in 6 on 5 situations?

win board battles?
outmuscle or out-speed the opposition to loose pucks?
throw their bodies in front of pucks?
Marchand is fantastic at winning board battles, however he can’t help but have offended in the brain.
Pasta should not be in the ice 6 on 5 unless we have at least a two goal lead imo.

Marchand is fantastic at winning board battles, however he can’t help but have offended in the brain.
Pasta should not be in the ice 6 on 5 unless we have at least a two goal lead imo.
Edit… “offense” on the brain.

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011

or Marchand is just offensive .....and it covers both meanings

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario

Leaf fans think Marchy is "insane in the membrane". Crazy guy scored the OT winner right after hypnotizing two multi millionaire Leaf forwards who looked like they were in the twilight zone when the puck crossed the line. :naughty:

• Love

DaBroons

Aug 2, 2005
It's been an issue for years and years — going all the way back to the Clode era.

Last year's playoff choke and several collapses this year have put a finer point on it.

It's gotten where it needs to be can't be ignored. Something needs to be done, either strategically or from a roster construction standpoint.

Completely unacceptable.
Going back to 1969 playoffs, when the hated Habs scored in both Game 1 and Game 2 to tie and won in OT. Alas, I thought the Bs should have won hat series.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad