Post-Game Talk: GAME 23 - THE BEAR dances on Yonge Street yet again - BRUINS 4 Toronto 3 F/OT

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
So Ryan Reaves and the ML Avengers failed to show up?
I thought he was going to beat the bag off a couple of our guys and scare the rest into playing terrible hockey.

that's a good call. i kept trying to figure out why he looked familiar.
geekie did look more engaged at center tonight, just don't love the
lack of foot speed.

Maybe it's just seeing more of him now, but watching him on Seattle the past couple of seasons he never looked this slow to me.

Reactions: Gordoff

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
It's been an issue for years and years — going all the way back to the Clode era.

Last year's playoff choke and several collapses this year have put a finer point on it.

It's gotten where it needs to be can't be ignored. Something needs to be done, either strategically or from a roster construction standpoint.

Completely unacceptable.
for one. i would get heinen out there instead of marchand. no more zacha. no carlo and lindolm.
try and get heinen coyle geekie forbort mcavoy out there

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
So Ryan Reaves and the ML Avengers failed to show up?

Geekie at center reminds me a lot of Bob Sweeney.

Next time Bruins are up a goal late, they should pull their goalie first.

Marchand with the game winner, but he did not play well.

Debrusk and Lindholm played well. And, of course, Pasta.
You might have something with the pulling the goalie,I mean it really couldn’t be worse at this point.

Reactions: Dennis Bonvie

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
I thought he was going to beat the bag off a couple of our guys and scare the rest into playing terrible hockey.
Not even 1/10 of the way into his contract with the Leafs and he already looks next to useless. GM should be embarrassed by signing Reaves for 3 years.

Of course Reaves is the easy target for Leafs fans, but I'd be more upset over the guy making much more money wearing the C. The one who couldn't be bothered to even attempt to play D on the gwg by Brad. Amazing that the Bs had more shots in OT than they did in any of the three 20 min pds. Simply horrible D by the Leafs.

the negotiator

Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Last night's game showed Pasta continued ascendence from star to super nova.....he was clearly the best skater on the ice

given that we all knew this was supposed to be - at best - a bridge year it's hard to complain about where the team is sitting. Are they a powerhouse -no, can they win any game they play- yes. Unlike last year we will see wins where we are surprised and loses where we expected a win.

is this team built for a long playoff run- probably not. Will this team give us a worthwhile year - probably yes. Given the resources that were spent to go all in last year that's a pretty decent deal

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
That was a great interview with Linus. Guy has been through a lot but he has come through it a better person.

Pasta was insane last night, I think it was the best game of his career (so far)

Woodstock had another great game although it didn't show in the stats. You can see his confidence rising in every game.

BTO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 20, 2019
The Big Smoke (unfortunately)
Last night's game showed Pasta continued ascendence from star to super nova.....he was clearly the best skater on the ice

given that we all knew this was supposed to be - at best - a bridge year it's hard to complain about where the team is sitting. Are they a powerhouse -no, can they win any game they play- yes. Unlike last year we will see wins where we are surprised and loses where we expected a win.

is this team built for a long playoff run- probably not. Will this team give us a worthwhile year - probably yes. Given the resources that were spent to go all in last year that's a pretty decent deal
Well, him and Heinen lol. But yup, he had 3 points and was instrumental. Wait till he starts scoring in bunches again too :)

That was a great interview with Linus. Guy has been through a lot but he has come through it a better person.

Pasta was insane last night, I think it was the best game of his career (so far)

Woodstock had another great game although it didn't show in the stats. You can see his confidence rising in every game.
I mentioned in the GDT that he (Woodstock) looks stronger. Maybe he has put on more muscle because he’s certainly been more physical and much stronger on the puck. Certainly worth the price!

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
Heinen is just a pain in the ass to play against. He’s always in the right position in the neutral zone, breaking up plays or applying pressure. Never going to be a scorer but he’s got great hockey IQ. Reminds me of Chris Kelly
He’s a lot stingier this time than I remembered before. I always liked Heinen, doesn’t blow you away but a responsible consistent player. But have been impressed by his physicality in board battles and even trying to stick up for his teammates a few times.

bob77

Nov 19, 2014
6-on-5 is officially an issue, need to figure out how to make it through without Bergy there to win every faceoff. Besides that, fun game. Always feels good to beat the leafs.
So is it just me. But since around the middle of last year, they sort of have Carlo and Forbort out there, and then a whistle and they put out Lindholm for Forbort, and I don’t believe the results are that great, maybe worse than ever with Forbort. Usually Lindholm is far more tired than Forbort because of the minutes. So last night, Lindholm running around, falls down, loses his stick, and it’s in the back of the net. I wonder in the last two years when the game was tied during 6-5, who was on the ice?? I don’t understand the split of Carlo Forbort.

Reactions: Gordoff

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad