Post-Game Talk: GAME 23 - THE BEAR dances on Yonge Street yet again - BRUINS 4 Toronto 3 F/OT

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
1701572833043.png

1701572862052.png

1701572894655.png

1701573032505.png

1701573089804.png

1701573122747.png

Froggy_Free_Beer-777.jpg

Game Summary

Event Summary

Full Play-By-Play

Faceoff Comparison

Faceoff Summary

Time On Ice: TOR

Time On Ice: BOS

Roster Report

Shot Report

Last edited:

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Can't have a more perfect ending than that. Leafs tie it in regulation with a handful of seconds left. Marchy the villain takes away all the joy with a goal in OT. Reaves was essentially benched after his stupid penalty and played less than 6 mins. Brad comes away completely unscathed other than having to swim through all the salty Toronto tears on his way off the ice.

Pasta was fantastic. Huge assists and had jump in his game all night. Heinen also excellent.

Main problem areas were faceoffs and obviously inability to clear the puck late in the game. Zacha and Geekie were pretty bad at the dot tonight. I still question sitting Beecher when he's a faceoff monster on big faceoffs. Bs need to figure something out about their lack of success in clearing the puck with an empty net at the other end. It's maddening.

Props to Monty on the Bs third goal. Threw together JVR, Frederic, and Geekie, all 3 good close to the net, and it resulted in a big goal by Trent.

Tight and entertaining game. Bs were awesome in OT. Whole team played hungry. No passengers against a motivated Leafs team. Amazing ending.

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
Ah, those lovable, laughable Leafs never ever disappoint, do they? The Maple Leafs are the gift that keeps on giving.

I almost hate that there are no Toronto fans around here for me to rub their noses in it. As others have said - beating the Leafs never gets old. A few more years of this and they will feel about us the same way as we do about the Canadiens.

It’s nice being on *this* end of the stick.

BiteThisBurrows

Feb 11, 2022
I just love beating the Leafs.

Pity we gave them a loser point but just good to beat them period. I thought the Bruins were the better team all night, they just lacked in the finishing department around their net. Kind of felt like the Leafs were lucky to stay in it.

Leafs are not as good as they used to be. Not by a longshot, and Bertuzzi is almost as garbage as Reaves. Reaves is completely useless to say the least. Unless they add players somehow that team is not a playoff threat.

NeelyOrr

Dec 23, 2018
Central NY
I just love beating the Leafs.

Pity we gave them a loser point but just good to beat them period. I thought the Bruins were the better team all night, they just lacked in the finishing department around their net. Kind of felt like the Leafs were lucky to stay in it.

Leafs are not as good as they used to be. Not by a longshot, and Bertuzzi is almost as garbage as Reaves. Reaves is completely useless to say the least. Unless they add players somehow that team is not a playoff threat.
I also love beating the Leafs; I just hate raking them.

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
This post from leafs land. Still delusional

Lightsol

Registered User​

Aug 2, 20054,5412,325
  • 17 minutes agoIt's nice to know now that he's the captain of the Bruins Brad Marchand is no longer bound by the rules of the NHL. That last play was a blatant knee-on-knee.
That was his last post of the night just before his Mommy said "Turn off the TV and go to bed Tommy or no cartoons tomorrow morning"

bruins19

Aug 11, 2005
Can't have a more perfect ending than that. Leafs tie it in regulation with a handful of seconds left. Marchy the villain takes away all the joy with a goal in OT. Reaves was essentially benched after his stupid penalty and played less than 6 mins. Brad comes away completely unscathed other than having to swim through all the salty Toronto tears on his way off the ice.

Pasta was fantastic. Huge assists and had jump in his game all night. Heinen also excellent.

Main problem areas were faceoffs and obviously inability to clear the puck late in the game. Zacha and Geekie were pretty bad at the dot tonight. I still question sitting Beecher when he's a faceoff monster on big faceoffs. Bs need to figure something out about their lack of success in clearing the puck with an empty net at the other end. It's maddening.

Props to Monty on the Bs third goal. Threw together JVR, Frederic, and Geekie, all 3 good close to the net, and it resulted in a big goal by Trent.

Tight and entertaining game. Bs were awesome in OT. Whole team played hungry. No passengers against a motivated Leafs team. Amazing ending.
Fabulous game to watch. Nice win.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Big f***ing win. And most importantly? No injuries. Got to hand it to the boys. They played hard and every shift was a battle. I loved Jake sticking up for Pasta and immediately putting the guy in a headlock. This was a back and forth game. I enjoyed it. And I especially loved getting the win the way we did. Monty better put Beecher in next game. We were not good at the dot tonight.

But good win. Good, f***ing win!

You already know the drill!
giphy.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad