GDT: Game 23 | Red Wings @ Jackets | 12/4 6PM | Reverse Retro

ThirdPeriodTurtle

Jul 13, 2022
Finland
This is where it really sucks on the ice with whats going on with Voracek. Really hurts the guy not with Johnny
Yup, exactly this. Laine can't be the playdriver. He can be half of a playmaker but he's not the guy we want driving up the play and getting the puck over the blue line. We need somebody to take that role and let Laine get back to basics and not try to do everything. I still would've liked to see Voracek there again but with him out I don't know who could do it. Roslovic is a stopgap, Laine seemingly likes playing with him at least to some degree.

Now it's 2-4 DET Andrew Copp, up high on Korpi who's kneeling a bit. THIS he wants back.

ThirdPeriodTurtle

Jul 13, 2022
Finland
They activated Elvis. Why aren't they playing him?
Our chance of winning is higher with Korpi, I'd even dare say that's a fact at this point. Despite this bad goal, Korpi has been reasonably good in this game in my opinion. We're losing because we can't finish our chances. (Although I'm sure a top-level goalie maybe would have kept this at two - just don't think that's Elvis at the moment.)

That said, hopefully Elvis has cleared his mind, somebody called it a reset and maybe that'll be true the next time he takes the net.

ThirdPeriodTurtle

Jul 13, 2022
Finland
Laine with an actual good shot for once (hits Husso in the head/neck). Maybe playing with Roslovic and Nyquist will simplify his play and he'll have to resort to shooting more, that wouldn't be so bad. He'll still need to be setup more often than not, but this one was a good example that it doesn't have to be that hard - just a pass in the neutral zone to a speeding Laine and he'll shoot. More of this please.

Reactions: LJ7

behemolari

Dec 1, 2011
How do they get Laine open, like TB does with Stamkos or WSH does with Ovechkin......seems like he's never that open.
Laine is turd, thats why
Laine with an actual good shot for once (hits Husso in the head/neck). Maybe playing with Roslovic and Nyquist will simplify his play and he'll have to resort to shooting more, that wouldn't be so bad. He'll still need to be setup more often than not, but this one was a good example that it doesn't have to be that hard - just a pass in the neutral zone to a speeding Laine and he'll shoot. More of this please.

The problem is he starts playing like that after all the fancy stuff and game failed, its been like that always.

He is not playing hockey he is LARPing it

Reactions: thebus88

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
tTYCvG-AXXAyM4i5QBHaavZJsqFJRxffvwW9WmtEor0.jpg

He needs to live by these inspirational words

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad