GDT: Game 23 | Red Wings @ Jackets | 12/4 6PM | Reverse Retro

Johansen2Foligno

CBJ Realest
Jan 2, 2015
Johnny to Jenner up close but Husso makes the save. Laine has been the weakest link on the PP with some tiny miscues but he'll get better with some more ice time, overall the PP has been better recently. Good period overall.
That turtle neck is for defusing bombs, not playing hockey.

ThirdPeriodTurtle

Jul 13, 2022
Finland
How do they get Laine open, like TB does with Stamkos or WSH does with Ovechkin......seems like he's never that open.
I think that's next-level PP work, might be too much for this season. :D

But honestly this looked quite a bit better with Laine and Gaudreau on the opposite sides - both are shooting threats and Johnny scored in the last game from that position and had a look today. So yeah if I were coaching, I'd look more into this question and figure it out, all the video evidence exists.

Reactions: majormajor

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
How do they get Laine open, like TB does with Stamkos or WSH does with Ovechkin......seems like he's never that open.
Oshie and Carlson are major parts of that Ovi also literally always stands in 1 spot and only thinking shot, Laine tries to involve himself more and looks for Gaudreau as much as Gaudreau looks for Laine. This team does not move pucks quick enough and teams know they can force turnovers out of Laine if they pressure him

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018

The best PP QB's have an arsenal of fakes to get shooters open. That helps a lot.

Werenski doesn't have that and has poor vision, and this Bjork guy is decent but not the best at that either. At least he's RH. I hope Blankenburg gets an opportunity when he's back next month.

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
The best PP QB's have an arsenal of fakes to get shooters open. That helps a lot.

Werenski doesn't have that and has poor vision, and this Bjork guy is decent but not the best at that either. At least he's RH. I hope Blankenburg gets an opportunity when he's back next month.
Werenski (and Boqvist) are snipers, Bean is a playmaker. But he''s LH. I would really want to try Blankenburg.

Reactions: majormajor

ThirdPeriodTurtle

Jul 13, 2022
Finland
So Lars actually changed the lines?! What is this sorcery. Laine almost gets a deflection goal. So certainly the first moments of this line change business is looking... not bad at all.

2-4 DET Larkin with a shot. So I guess that takes a bit of momentum. Korpi would want this back although it was a good shot by Larkin. Looks offside though...

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
This is where it really sucks on the ice with whats going on with Voracek. Really hurts the guy not with Johnny

Reactions: LJ7

NotCommitted

Jul 4, 2013
Nyquist-Roslovic-Johnson xGF% 5.20 according to naturalstattrick...

EDIT: surely that's some kind of bug??

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad