GDT: Game 23 - New York Rangers vs New Jersey Devils - 7pm EST, MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
A3AE33ED-6C8D-42B3-9760-DF1CEE87B8BE.jpeg

2CC394B5-1724-4A9D-98A8-1758D8E4A088.jpeg

F0896CE2-E38D-443E-80B4-EEC8D70206A7.jpeg

New York Rangers vs New Jersey Devils
7pm EST - MSG

C00056C2-F5F5-436F-A199-11819B9CE023.jpeg
C544FC30-210F-4F4F-9DC9-F7F75634005C.jpeg

Last edited:

Filip Chytil

Mar 3, 2014
Sun Tzu once said, "If Bill Pidto is on the broadcast, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If Bill Pidto is not on the broadcast, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If Bill Pidto leaves MSG, you will succumb in every battle."

All hope is not lost. I sense a resounding Rangers victory. 5-2 NYR win. LGR!

ColonialsHockey10

Jul 22, 2007
I bought tickets to this game back when it was a “should be a close rivalry match between two good teams” game.

Dreading it now that it’s a “this should be a bloodbath between the worst team in the NHL and the reincarnation of the 1980s Oilers” game.

On a serious note, teams that aren’t dumb as rocks would come out of Saturday’s game fired up. But this team has a horrible leadership problem - I’d expect the opposite, for them to play scared and timid. Hoping (but doubting) that I’m pleasantly surprised.

CLW

Nov 11, 2018
They'll probably win just to annoy me and only me.

I mean, I would be thrilled if they played really well and won but you know that's not on the table.

They'll either play surprisingly well and lose anyway or get outshot 69-18 and win.

The Swedes invented the trap in the 80s. People couldn't understand what was going on when the team with 12 shots won 3-2 consistently and the team with 41 shots lost time and time again. It was kind of a standing joke. The difference was that the team with fewer shots had better quality chances, counter attacked with speed and feasted opportunistically on bad defensive breakdowns. The team with the most shots just hit a meat wall and exhausted itself.

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
I dont care what the hell has gone on up to this point or what will happen after just beat the f***ing Devils please

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
The Swedes invented the trap in the 80s. People couldn't understand what was going on when the team with 12 shots won 3-2 consistently and the team with 41 shots lost time and time again. It was kind of a standing joke. The difference was that the team with fewer shots had better quality chances, counter attacked with speed and feasted opportunistically on bad defensive breakdowns. The team with the most shots just hit a meat wall and exhausted itself.
That part I got. I would love to see the Rangers win the quality battle despite getting outshot which they've done a few times in my life I guess.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
“I always want to play with and against the best players, so it’s exciting for me to play with Bread,” No. 72 told The Post

This to me is the difference between a guy like chytil and a guy like kakko.

One guy knows he’s good. Knows he can be great. The other is a mouse. On and off the ice this swagger (and fil has it) is one of the biggest reasons a star is born or busts imo.

Kakko would be like “it’s nice that bread is letting me be on his line tonight I’ll do my best to give him the puck and stay out of his way.”

JHS

Oct 11, 2013
An 1/4 of the way through the season and it's not looking great. That can all be turned around with a solid 3-0 win tonight!

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
This will be one of those games we get some puck luck and win after everyone thinks we’ll lose by a TD.
1. I haven't gambled in a very long time.
2. Wonder how much Devils are favored. (Who would have EVER thought that prior to?.......Not me, nor probably any SANE Devils fan. (Are there any?)
3. If this team isn't super pissed off at themselves, and come out timid, instead of attack, crush, kill and destroy, well then I am not so sure about us having any success this season. That hurts.
4. Very much agree with @Do you want ants . Looking at this game objectively, we don't have a chance in HELL (Pun intended)
5. BUT, with everyone thinking this way, this is when a "surprising underdog" scratches & claws, deep down and gets that "fire" (pun intended) lit........ beneath their ass. NYR 6, Devils 0.

Reactions: xigon
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad