GDT: Game #23: Detroit (12-5-5) at YOUR New Jersey Devils (9-10-3) 7 PM on MSG TV

Status
Not open for further replies.

guitarguyvic

Mar 31, 2010
These Pete pressers make my sick. Absolutely no passion being shown. He's like a drone out there. Your team has failed to win on any consistent basis for going on two years, can you at least pretend to ****ing give a ****??

Edmonton East

BUT the ADvaNCEd STatS...
Nov 25, 2007
Cup teams have good players. Is that a surprise? You are insane if you think NJ can get anywhere close to the Stanley Cup. It'll be a miracle just to make it to the playoffs.

No ****. That's why I've wanted this team to roll young guys and finish bottom 5 since Kovy left. Add a couple strong forward prospects to one of the top young bluelines (in terms of potential), and this team could legitimately contend within 5 years. Plus they'd actually be fun to watch and see develop.

Benedict Parisechuk

Army of Pandolfo's
Apr 5, 2013
Chicago, IL
These Pete pressers make my sick. Absolutely no passion being shown. He's like a drone out there. Your team has failed to win on any consistent basis for going on two years, can you at least pretend to ****ing give a ****??

Losing is all he knows how to do so this is just par for the course. He breeds mediocrity and has instilled his losing ways all over the organization.

goawaygary*

4-2 lead to Calgary with 2:20 left and we lose in a shootout

2-0 no show to Vancouver

4-1 lead in the 2nd to Detroit, lose in a shootout.

Deboer hockey is choke hockey. This team is gutless and crumbles late in games. That is their new identity. It is a psychological problem now just like the shootout still is despite us winning one....we've lost 2 since.

The culture at the top must change and it starts with Lou. Now he's not getting fired but in the meantime coach chokesalot needs to finally go. And if this team doesnt make the playoffs this season then venerable old Lou must finally walk the plank.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Speaking of injuries did Merrill die or something? I seriously hope this isn't another concussion. The only reason I'm even thinking it is my friend thought she heard it was a concussion and I said that was in the preseason but now I'm wondering maybe that's what this mystery injury is too and why he's not 'medically cleared' yet <shudder>

Devils090

Feb 16, 2014
Speaking of injuries did Merrill die? I seriously hope this isn't another concussion. The only reason I'm even thinking it is my friend said she thought she heard it was a concussion and I said that was in the preseason but now I'm wondering maybe that's what this mystery injury is too and why he's not 'medically cleared' yet <shudder>

didnt Merrill say it was his arm or something?

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Well with Camm it was a 'jaw' so that was at least closer to the head :P

This team's so cloak and dagger with most injuries and concussions in particular so they sort of invite this speculation. I don't remember Merrill saying anything but if he did I guess I'd take it at face value at the moment. With Camm you knew the cover story was **** when he admitted he wasn't allowed to disclose whether he had a concussion or not.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I remember seeing he was skating on his own, I don't know about practicing. He did travel with the team though.

Maybe he does have a bone fracture or something in his arm and is waiting for it to heal. God forbid they pulled the same thing with him they did with Paul Martin way back when.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Mrasieve or whatever that bums name was, pretty much gave us this game.

goawaygary*

Mrasieve or whatever that bums name was, pretty much gave us this game.

And when the going got tough in the shootout he went 3-3. Just like that POS nobody calgary goalie. Fringe goalies always dominate us in the shootout

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
And when the going got tough in the shootout he went 3-3. Just like that POS nobody calgary goalie. Fringe goalies always dominate us in the shootout
That's not hard to do. How many times have we been shutout in the shootout the last couple years? Lots.
how many backups have we lost to the past few years?

It's been a lot. We scored enough to win on Ramblow and Mrasuck.

Mrasuck didn't even deserve to win tonight. He should have been pulled after the fourth goal. He really should have been pulled after giving up that goal to Petey Jr.

Camille the Eel

Boil it down: it was a very competitive game right to the end. The Redwings are also a high level team by the way. They are better than we are and I thought the Devils showed a lot of competitive heart tonight hanging with them.

We had a lead sure, but shouldn't have had it. Their goalie gave up 2 softies and another marginal one. Corey played over his head actually. In the end we didn't deal with their pressure in our end well in the second period. Plus the five on three, the two man advantage, we were too casual.

Zidlicky had his best game in some time. Larson his poorest. Severson very strong and what impressed most maybe wasn't the two assists, but I see him battling Franzen one-on-one defensively again and again. He's physically tough and efficient.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
Not lying, I legitimately had a dream I was on NHL.com and saw we won 4-3, and I didn't believe it. How predictably bad this team has become is sickening. It was 4-1, I don't care who we're playing against there's no excuse for blowing that lead.

Devilswede

Dec 10, 2006
This team is an absolute joke. What we're putting on the ice every game sickens me. And the coach behind the bench also.

I also blame Lou for being totally incompetent. This organization has become a joke.

Marv4Life

Mar 5, 2006
Minnesota
This team is an absolute joke. What we're putting on the ice every game sickens me. And the coach behind the bench also.

I also blame Lou for being totally incompetent. This organization has become a joke.

Not just incompetent, but also apathetic, which is inexcusable. But people will find a way to defend him and this abortion he created.

Khione

Swede or Turnip?
Jul 24, 2013
Duna
Peter ****ing harrold isnt even a top 4 defender in albany still he comes up here and is GIVEN 21min per night. WHAT A ****ING JOKE! I hate Peter Deboer.

Capt Nico Poo

Holik to HHOF
Nov 7, 2009
Finland
I'd like to see the record of how many times we've played the back-up goalie. Tells how much the othe teams respect or are afraid of us. Seems to me as of late that we havent seen #1 goalies too much.

Bologna 1

Aug 5, 2006
DeBoer:"That's a team that's been very hot; they've got a lot of depth. They're 1 of the best teams in the league; we expected a push back."

again, i have a big problem with this. it seems like pete basically has the mentality (and passes it along to the players) that the other team is gonna come storming back and thats just a terrible thing to do. the message should be, "keep the pedal to the metal and working hard", not "oh ****, the other team is gonna come out and dominate us, be prepared"...and just another excuse about the other team being hot or always coming back. **** off pete, you're a joke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad