GDT: Game #23: Detroit (12-5-5) at YOUR New Jersey Devils (9-10-3) 7 PM on MSG TV

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScottyK

Hi, I'm mat.
Aug 28, 2008
West of Chicago
If we are still in this position at the deadline ( we all know lou wont sell if we are in striking distance, is what it is ) but if things are still this bad and he doesn't sell.....i might lose my mind

Sir Fenwick Corsi

NJ Lottery PICK-3
Dec 29, 2010
New York
Compare this roster to other ones around the league. I don't know if other devil fans watch other teams and see how abysmal the product is comparatively. This is a bottom 5-7 team in the entire league.

You don't even need to watch teams on a regular basis to see that the Devils are a lousy product. One game against any opponent is plenty enough evidence. Like the first game against St. Louis this year. I know the Devils have zero chance of playing a single game as well as the Blues did that night. They just don't have the horses and they're coached by a lame duck.

NJDevils#4

Since 2002, bishes
Jul 11, 2002
New Jersey
Visit site
Bottom line is the quality of Parise Kovalchuk and Martin were replaced by quantity of these role players Lou signed because no one else wanted them. Zubrus, Clowe, Bernier, even Jagr and Havlat were players nobody wanted. They all either are in the twilight of their careers or wanted too much money. Outside of Zajac, Henrique and Cammalieri, there is zero talent on offense as far as the future is concerned. Why don't we just move these bums for anything we can get prospect/pick wise and move on. We aren't winning jack this year. Bring up some young guys to at least see if one or two of them is worth a damn moving forward. I find myself rooting for the team to lose. I can't watch them come in 10th or something screwing their chances at McDavid or Eichel. Tank now. It's been a long time coming and it's just our turn to be in the basement.

Benedict Parisechuk

Army of Pandolfo's
Apr 5, 2013
Chicago, IL
If we are still in this position at the deadline ( we all know lou wont sell if we are in striking distance, is what it is ) but if things are still this bad and he doesn't sell.....i might lose my mind

Just stop watching. I've already missed numerous periods this season and I feel no remorse. They really don't deserve us as fans. Its a gong show.

ScottyK

Hi, I'm mat.
Aug 28, 2008
West of Chicago
Just stop watching. I've already missed numerous periods this season and I feel no remorse. They really don't deserve us as fans. Its a gong show.

i cant do that...love the team/hockey too much...i don't associate the logo with anyone behind the bench or upstairs...only just a few players, marty,stevens etc

Tundra

Oct 20, 2005
They are going to keep harping on the injuries, when anyone with a pair of eyes knows why they suck.

Edmonton East

BUT the ADvaNCEd STatS...
Nov 25, 2007
Compare this roster to other ones around the league. I don't know if other devil fans watch other teams and see how abysmal the product is comparatively. This is a bottom 5-7 team in the entire league.

BINGO. Hopefully bottom 3. I'm really hating the Cammy signing as this team would be a lock for bottom 4 without him.

EnglishDevil

Nov 11, 2009
London, UK & Chicago, US

Yeah, i mean really we had that 3 game win streak to start the year (which in itself was sort of lucky) and since then we've just been watching other teams pass us by, we're already about 23rd in the league and the teams behind us are closing the gap pretty fast.

Over the course of an entire season, i think our roster is bottom 5 for sure, the only reason we're not bottom is because Schneider has won us quite a few games or at least kept us in them and Cammalleri/Henrique have come through for us on occasion.

The rest of the team is garbage, look at the teams we're better than and it speaks volumes about us. Buffalo threw in the towel before the season (and even they've been getting some results), Carolina and Columbus were decimated by injuries, the Oilers are the Oilers, and the Flyers & Coyotes are in the same position as us, one or two good pieces but lacking hugely in certain areas. We're trending in the wrong direction, we could realistically be in the mix with the bottom 5 teams very soon if we keep our current pace.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
Rich Chere ‏@Ledger_NJDevils 3s3 seconds ago

DeBoer: "We had a chance to extend the lead on the 5-on-3 and didn't."

BECAUSE 4-1 LEAD NOT ENOUGH OMFG

StnTwnDevil

May 15, 2012
NJ
At this point, this team is just unlikable. There is no positive identity to this team. The only identity they have right now is being creative losers. They've pretty much lost every way imaginable so far.

They just can't control the game when they get early leads, or any lead for that matter. In all honesty, I believe it has a lot to do with the young defense-men. When under heavy pressure, they all make mistakes, lose the little battles, and end up running around chasing. These are the growing pains.

As far as Deboer goes, I don't blame him for all the little things everyone seems to love blaming him for. Its not because of his roster decisions and game decisions that this team is failing with flying colors. I don't think a new coach is going to change this team much for the better long term, but time and time again, a new voice seems to pull a team out of a funk in the short term. I don't think its totally necessary, but I can't say I'd be opposed at this point, if Lou decided to move on from Deboer in the near future.

Edmonton East

BUT the ADvaNCEd STatS...
Nov 25, 2007
And I'll say it again since no one responded last time I proposed this: Name the last Stanley Cup winner without a homegrown top 3 (top line) forward. Obviously this means at the time of Cup. Good luck

EnglishDevil

Nov 11, 2009
London, UK & Chicago, US

LOL, apparently even 3 goal leads aren't safe anymore. This team can barely even score 3 goals in a game consistently, if that's his criteria to win a game then holy hell there is no hope (well we know there isn't). Pete, come on man, we scored 4 goals and then collapsed like a deck chair in a hurricane, for the umpteenth time under your watch. There's a point where you can't make excuses anymore.

StnTwnDevil

May 15, 2012
NJ

It was 4-2 at the time. Detroit just scored, but your point still holds true. I don't think the Devils deserved the 5 on 3 anyway.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
If the Calgary loss didn't sink the titanic, you can sure as hell bet that this game did.

engy

Mar 12, 2012
And I'll say it again since no one responded last time I proposed this: Name the last Stanley Cup winner without a homegrown top 3 (top line) forward. Obviously this means at the time of Cup. Good luck

Cup teams have good players. Is that a surprise? You are insane if you think NJ can get anywhere close to the Stanley Cup. It'll be a miracle just to make it to the playoffs.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
On top of the Devil's top 2 centers being out, this team is going streaking. Maybe they'll win 1 out of their next 10.

at least we will head in one direction in regards to playoffs or McEichel rather than hovering around the middle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad