GDT: Game 23: Coyotes @ Maple Leafs - 5PM - FSAZ

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
I would also add that winning face offs had a lot to do with this win as well. Stepan, Richardson and Dvorak are getting better at the dot.

Reactions: RemoAZ

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
Feels amazing to win some games in a row. All that optimism a lot of us had in the off season is starting to come to fruition.

Tough week ahead with three games in four nights, against tough opponents.
Worried about these 3 games. Bad history coming back from long roadie, especially against a vet team like SJ. Kings following Thanksgiving, Vegas on the back-end of a B2B. Will be pleasantly surprised if we can get 4 points out these 3 games.

BUX7PHX

Jul 7, 2011
Worried about these 3 games. Bad history coming back from long roadie, especially against a vet team like SJ. Kings following Thanksgiving, Vegas on the back-end of a B2B. Will be pleasantly surprised if we can get 4 points out these 3 games.

Yep - Tocchet knows his East teams, so maybe we found the matchups based on his previous knowledge of the Sens, Canadiens, and Leafs.

Let's just try and keep something going...

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
Great win. Didn't expect it. Also, always heard something of the style "a player is expected to always have control of his own stick", so I'm confused with so many Toronto-fans talking about their player being pushed when he speared Raanta. It wasn't the stick he was pushing was it. Not that I've been playing, just remembering hearing that sentence from commentators. Anyhow, great win!

Next is Sharks, I don't believe the Yotes can beat the Sharks. ;-)

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Couldn't agree more.

Is there a reason for Goligoski's recent struggles? I don't follow the team all that much. But I remember being a fan of his when he was in Dallas, and he always seemed super consistent. Is his age starting to show, or something else? In my opinion the overall strength of the D position in Arizona should ease his workload a bit. I expected him to improve a little this season by getting a few less minutes, but that hasn't been the case so far.
I just think some players struggle in a new system/big contract. He's also not the top dog here versus previous places.

YotesFan47

Jun 16, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona USA
I just think some players struggle in a new system/big contract. He's also not the top dog here versus previous places.

When he first arrived in Dallas he played like garbage and then picked it up a lot the next 2 seasons. I expected a better season out of him this year but with the coaching change, that appears to have changed things. If he's crap next year then I vote move on, but I'm willing to concede this season to him.

Reactions: Sthlmyote

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
When he first arrived in Dallas he played like garbage and then picked it up a lot the next 2 seasons. I expected a better season out of him this year but with the coaching change, that appears to have changed things. If he's crap next year then I vote move on, but I'm willing to concede this season to him.
Goligoski was better the 2nd half of last season. Maybe he's just a slow adjuster. Maybe he'll be better moving forward.

Reactions: Sthlmyote

GiveAFlyingPuck

Boring hockey aficionado
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2011
NW Valley of the Sun

Vegas plays the Sharks on Friday night so the back-to-back is negated.

Raanta vs SJ
Wedge vs LA
Raanta vs Vegas
is my guess for goalies this week.

YotesFan47

Jun 16, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona USA
Goligoski was better the 2nd half of last season. Maybe he's just a slow adjuster. Maybe he'll be better moving forward.

I was a bad hockey fan last season and only watched 20 games or so, I still have a stigma where I only remember his first half. If he's playing a consistent top 4 game in January then many of us will be happy. I wont get to watch a lot of the 2nd half of the season again though so I'll be relying on you guys for good info haha. If I remember correctly, it was more about major change for him and not time of year like some other players. He very well may be a slow starter though and my memory is just failing me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad