GDT: Game 23 - Avs @ Preds LOL 6:00pm MT - Rock Paper Sissons

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
One one hand, I guess I can kinda see why Bednar opted to put Gork in against the Preds--he was surprisingly effective on that 4th line with Wilson and Compher last season so maybe he's looking for more of the same? Also, this falls a little in line with Bednar's stated desire not to let players sit for too long, as Dater pointed out. Also, as was posted earlier, maybe he's being a bit cautious about overworking the rooks.

Still...why wouldn't you want to play Kam against his old team? And I still think putting Gork above ANYONE in the lineup is a huge mistake. But whatever...maybe this is all some grand scheme to neutralize Colton Scissorhands.

Reactions: flyfysher

Foppa Frossa

May 11, 2006
Denver, CO
38BlfVp.png

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
I could see Bednar wanting Bourque in this game for his gritty style of play. I don't agree with it but I wouldn't be surprised if Bednar feels that way. Still, it doesn't make sense to also bring Ghetto in and scratch Kamenev.

It probably doesn't hurt that Bourque seems to score 90% of his goals against the Preds.

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
Bad feeling about this one. Plus bad feeling about our mental health on this board. There's not enough putrid bile in the collective bile pool to deal with all of Barberio, Nemeth, Bourque and Nieto at once.

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
At the end of the day, these are low impact guys anyways. The top 9 is healthy.

Kamenev is starting to play well and beginning to have some impact, not the right time to scratch him. Dries is fine to be out but Kam makes no sense. If you wanna talk about low impact players that can come out then it should have been Nieto, who has done next to nothing the entire season.

Reactions: Mr Zappalanche

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Again, I don't agree with the move, but there is something to be said about taking a game or two to watch and observe when you're still learning the game at the NHL level. Both Jost and Compher said they learned a few things while recovering from their concussions, and their play thus far seems to reflect that.

Reactions: flyfysher

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
Kamenev is starting to play well and beginning to have some impact, not the right time to scratch him. Dries is fine to be out but Kam makes no sense. If you wanna talk about low impact players that can come out then it should have been Nieto, who has done next to nothing the entire season.
I agree. I was just pointing out that our main forwards are all playing tonight, and let's not write this one down as a loss because of 4th line guys

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
I agree that Bednar's player decisions are a head-scratcher, but pretty much every player has progressed with him, minus 'Ghetto being the sole exception IMO.

Hard to argue with his results so far both in the standings are player development.

Absolutely. He is killing it. Every player seems to progress. He is doing a great job with the club.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Nah, I don't get this one bit. Bourque in for Dries? Sure

Andrighetto in for Kamenev? Nope. Don't understand it whatsoever. Pull Nieto from the lineup. Winger for winger.

This, to me, probably means Bednar is going right back to Wilson on the line with Kerfoot and Jost, with Compher on the 4th line playing centre.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Lets see how it plays out. We usually overreact to these decisions in the moment and then things go back to normal a day or two later. I don't agree with the decision even for tonight but maybe it'll just be a one game thing and Kamenev will be right back in there.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
Kam out means no NCAA line and I just can’t approve of that after last game.

Lines?

Jost - Kerfoot - Wilson
Nieto - Soderberg - Calvert
Bourque - Compher - Andrighetto

Don’t like it, but not that it matters for this game. Gives Beds an excuse to change it up next game after we get smacked.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
Kam out means no NCAA line and I just can’t approve of that after last game.

Lines?

Jost - Kerfoot - Wilson
Nieto - Soderberg - Calvert
Bourque - Compher - Andrighetto

Don’t like it, but not that it matters for this game. Gives Beds an excuse to change it up next game after we get smacked.

son of a biiiiiiiitch, I've never noticed that.

Pacman33

#teamZ
Feb 9, 2017
Yea dont get the kam scratch. Most coaches will do what they can to let guys go against their former teams. Almost feels to me like a punishment. Maybe kam showed up late or did something in practice bednar didnt like. Just speculation, no idea if that could be a reason

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
My Durango Avalanche friends want to watch this one at a bar. This is either going to go real good, or really bad.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad