GDT: Game 23 - Avs @ Preds LOL 6:00pm MT - Rock Paper Sissons

Piestany88

Sep 29, 2017
Doesn't really matter, they'll likely get smoked 4 or 5 - 1 or 2. Hell, it's already 3-0 Preds (Sissons 2 and Forsberg 1).

Who does Watson take a run at? Mack, Mikko, or Girard? Subban will take a cheap shot at someone, and will draw a penalty on a terrible dive, neither of which will get called. Happens every time they play.
Subban is out

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I could see Bednar wanting Bourque in this game for his gritty style of play. I don't agree with it but I wouldn't be surprised if Bednar feels that way. Still, it doesn't make sense to also bring Ghetto in and scratch Kamenev.

Bednar doesn't seem like the sentimental type and nor should he be when his job is to win games but the only other thing I could think of is that they might just be trying to get everyone into a game with this being the dads trip.

Piestany88

Sep 29, 2017
I could see Bednar wanting Bourque in this game for his gritty style of play. I don't agree with it but I wouldn't be surprised if Bednar feels that way. Still, it doesn't make sense to also bring Ghetto in and scratch Kamenev.

Bednar doesn't seem like the sentimental type and nor should he be when his job is to win games but the only other thing I could think of is that they might just be trying to get everyone into a game with this being the dads trip.
In for the penalty kills

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
Bednar probably doesn't want Bourque sitting around too long. Pitts is the more winnable game, and I'm assuming Kam will suit up for that one.

Piestany88

Sep 29, 2017
Ok got the call heading out of town to Mack's cousin watch the game on big screen by the wood fire . His only request was to bring 2 donairs for him and his son lol , seriously, no word a lie . He only comes to town about once a week lol , crazy bugger . Got the Avs on my proline let's go !! Pumped for this game

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
Bednar probably doesn't want Bourque sitting around too long. Pitts is the more winnable game, and I'm assuming Kam will suit up for that one.
It seems odd for the coach to consider any game more winnable than another with this team. If they want to be considered in the top tier of teams in the league they need to put their best lineup out against the top teams in the league on the road. Kam has been better than Bourque at all points this season, everywhere on the ice. It is the fathers trip so everyone needs playing time explanation makes more sense to me.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Not that I agree with the scratching, but Bourque is far more of a former Pred than Kamenev.

AvsWraith

Jan 21, 2010
Colorado
So Barrie starts to heat up and then gets injured... typical Avs season.

smh at scratching Kam for Gork. Bednar does some dumb ****.

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
It seems odd for the coach to consider any game more winnable than another with this team. If they want to be considered in the top tier of teams in the league they need to put their best lineup out against the top teams in the league on the road. Kam has been better than Bourque at all points this season, everywhere on the ice. It is the fathers trip so everyone needs playing time explanation makes more sense to me.
Of course coaches see some games more winnable than others. It's being realistic. The quality of the opponent factors into decisions every game.

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
I have a feeling I’m going to be glad I’m working during this game, Bednar’s handling of the roster is just puzzling to me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad