GDT: Game 22: SENS @ HABS | Boring is good | Nov. 20, 2019 7:30pm ET, SN RDS

Status
Not open for further replies.

FloJack

Lurking and liking.
Sponsor
Sep 6, 2006
Watching Sportsnet and am so excited to hear all about the Babcock firing as opposed to the game they’re showing nationally this intermission!

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
I liked Carbonneau the player but as a pundit on RDS, he can drive you nuts.

He's not the best communicator and that would explain his problems as coach toward the end. He's always been a cerebral guy as a player and I would always see him talking strategies on the ice with his teamates and I always thought it would translate into him becoming the perfect coach. It just doesn't always work like that. Jacques Lemaire also is not the best communicator either and so I don't know how he was able to work so well as coach.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Could y'all of you sing the national hf anthem...
Believe it or not, one of the guys I was singing with tonight has sung the anthem at the Bell Centre, Staple Centre in LA, and has done the anthems at a Red Sox game at Fenway.

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O
Confidence's a hell of a drug...

tenor.gif
I’m one of the baddest hockey players of all time, one of the best passers and one of the best rookies you’ve ever seen. Hold my drink, bitch.”,. Nick Suzuki 2019

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
He's not the best communicator and that would explain his problems as coach toward the end. He's always been a cerebral guy as a player and I would always see him talking strategies on the ice with his teamates and I always thought it would translate into him becoming the perfect coach. It just doesn't always work like that. Jacques Lemaire also is not the best communicator either and so I don't know how he was able to work so well as coach.
Carbonneau knows the game very well and follows it closely, but yeah... he's a quiet person by nature. Hard to see him successfully dealing with today's roster of kids.

Reactions: Runner77 and Kimota
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad